NFL 2016 NFL Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea, im not a huge believer in a QB needs good players around him so he can fulfil his potential. Im from the school that if youre a good QB's you will make average players around you look better than they are.

Bradford is middle rung vanilla.

Having said that he is probably perfectly suited to a team like Denver who only need a game mananger and not a gun slinger with the D they have.

Having talent around undoubtedly contributes. Bradford is not going to be an elite QB but with some talent around he would be above average IMO. Does Newton get the MVP without an elite defense, Pro Bowl TE, and two Pro Bowl offensive lineman? No.

Having talent around undoubtedly contributes. Bradford is not going to be an elite QB but with some talent around he would be above average IMO. Does Newton get the MVP without an elite defense, Pro Bowl TE, and two Pro Bowl offensive lineman? No.

Is or has Ted Ginn ever been that good without Newton?

Our offensive line was exposed in the superbowl, hard for anyone to say we have an A Class line after it i would have thought.

Is or has Ted Ginn ever been that good without Newton?

Our offensive line was exposed in the superbowl, hard for anyone to say we have an A Class line after it i would have thought.

Your line was a million times better than ours. Bradford got killed every week.

Not everyone can be as big as Cam, except Wentz ;)

My point exactly, Wentz>Bradford. Stop standing up for the average campaigner and * him off to Denver already. :thumbsu:

I'm on board with Wentz 100% but I can understand Bradford's frustration as well.

You'll be calling him a dud as soon as he's traded like you did Foles. Remember when you had a Foles avatar on BF, Z? I do. ;)

Stop sitting on the fence and waiting for him to be traded before you just off Bradford like you did poor old Nick!

You'll be calling him a dud as soon as he's traded like you did Foles. Remember when you had a Foles avatar on BF, Z? I do. ;)

Stop sitting on the fence and waiting for him to be traded before you just off Bradford like you did poor old Nick!

I still have the same Foles photo as my background on my work computer, not because I like him but because I like the photo. Taken at the Snow Bowl game I went to.

nick-foles-eagles-lions-snowbowl-937x702.jpg

I still have the same Foles photo as my background on my work computer, not because I like him but because I like the photo. Taken at the Snow Bowl game I went to.

nick-foles-eagles-lions-snowbowl-937x702.jpg

Those were the days, when Phili was a 10-6 team with Foles at QB. ;):thumbsu:

Yeah, what's he up to now?

Incoming: J.Goff so...

Probably cleaning out his locker i would say. Phili havent been the same since letting him go. I think they miss each other. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hayne may fumble but he can pay

Rated Top 50

Former NRL star Hayne came in 43rd, beating many of the sport's established stars including New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy.

The NFL Players Association released its list of the 50 players who generate the most sales of officially licensed NFL merchandise. :D

Bradford is good, he just needs some talent around him and some stability around him. Alex Smith has been a pretty good qb with Harbaugh and Reid. All qbs benefit from talented receivers, just look at how average rogers looked last year when Nelson went down or ask brady if he prefers caldwell and brown, or moss and Welker. The more separation a wr gets, the less accurate the qb has to be.

Thats just sad.....

-----

Free agent QB JaMarcus Russell sent letters to all 32 NFL teams last year asking for a chance to revive his career.

In a letter to the Cowboys, Russell wrote he was willing to run the scout team "for free" for a year to learn the system. The No. 1 overall pick of the 2007 draft, Russell has not played a snap since 2009. He attempted a comeback in 2013, but he was not able to latch on with any team. Russell looked to be in good shape during his interview with Sports Illustrated, but his NFL career is over.

Source: Sports Illustrated

Rated Top 50

Former NRL star Hayne came in 43rd, beating many of the sport's established stars including New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy.

The NFL Players Association released its list of the 50 players who generate the most sales of officially licensed NFL merchandise. :D
Stupid Aussies.

Bradford is good, he just needs some talent around him and some stability around him. Alex Smith has been a pretty good qb with Harbaugh and Reid.

If you were to look up the meaning of the term "QB purgatory" current Alex Smith would make a good picture to go along with it.

Alex Smith, like Sam Bradford and many other QBs, is not good enough to win his team a Super Bowl and it'll take an elite defense (a la Trent Dilfer & the 2000 Ravens or Peyton & the Broncos last year) to win one with him. IMO (assuming the GM and/or head coach was given the job security) these sort of QB should never be given long term contracts where it can be helped and the FO should always be looking for a way to develop a QB/draft to upgrade them

Last edited:
Apparently Bradford agent, Tom Condon, went on Philly TV yesterday to try and explain the situation

So basically, Bradford wants out of Philly to go somewhere where he'll be the starter and get paid a ridiculous amount of money regardless of how well he plays? Wouldn't that be the dream...

Rated Top 50

Channel 7 couldn't even air a puff piece on this milestone

Apparently Bradford agent, Tom Condon, went on Philly TV yesterday to try and explain the situation

So basically, Bradford wants out of Philly to go somewhere where he'll be the starter and get paid a ridiculous amount of money regardless of how well he plays? Wouldn't that be the dream...

Still thinks he's at Oklahoma where he was the man, youre not the man in NFL Sam, youre just average. Time to face reality son.

Nah he just wants to play somewhere where he can stay, if he plays good. If he plays well in Philly, he either gets traded or signs somewhere else. There is no scenario where he stays.

This is from his agent:
If you’re on a two year contract and the second pick in the draft is behind you, then you better really play well because you’re going to hear it from the fans if you don’t. You better play well or your teammates are going to look at you sideways and wonder about when the next guy is going to step in. I think from that standpoint too it’s that’s the other players understand you’re a short-term guy. And you’re going to be out of there even if you play well because you can hopefully be traded or something like that before you contract expires. Sam would like to forego all of that.

BTW, that chicks tweets are 3 reasons why I am glad my missus does not have any interest in sports. "So confused"

Nah he just wants to play somewhere where he can stay, if he plays good. If he plays well in Philly, he either gets traded or signs somewhere else. There is no scenario where he stays.
Sure that's what the end of the quote says but that's not really what a get out of that quote.

That mostly says to me that he doesn't want the pressure of competition to succeed. You only need to see that he's used the Chase Daniel signing (a career back-up) as part of the reason for wanting to be traded to see that:
"And then Chase [Daniel] came on, and they paid him a substantial amount of money to be on the roster as well."

Or it could be because I don't think it's very likely he succeeds so that scenario won't happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Remove this Banner Ad

Back