NFL 2016 NFL - Week 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Baltimore vs Raiders this week interests me nearly more than any other game.
Ravens have played no one yet but 3-0 is still 3-0. What i have liked about the Ravens is that they appear to have a defensive presence about them again, not the same team as last year. They just seem like the Ravens D of old again. Wallace and Smith have been decent enough to provide trouble to a somewhat shaky Raiders secondary also.
Interested to see if the Raiders can back up a better defensive performance from last week (noted that DeMarco Murray still gashed them on the ground and Mariota had practically no targets with Delaine Walker out tho). How will Carr go against the best D he has faced this season on the road?

Last edited:
Baltimore vs Raiders this week interests me nearly more than any other game.
Ravens have played no one yet but 3-0 is still 3-0. What i have liked about the Ravens is that they appear to have a defensive presence about them again, not the same team as last year. They just seem like the Ravens D of old again. Wallace and Smith have been decent enough to provide trouble to a somewhat shaky Raiders secondary also.
Interested to see if the Raiders can back up a better defensive performance last week (noted that DeMarco Murray still gashed them on the ground and Mariota had practically no targets with Delaine Walker out tho). How will Carr go against the best D he has faced this season on the road?

:thumbsdown: for not talking about the Broncos

Seriously tho. Let's forget about LA, and let's everyone just be unbiased. Are the Broncos really deserving of much attention, write-up, focus? And...in this week's upcoming games, their match-up attracting more talk than other match-ups this week?

They are a very good team but LA has seriously made me hate their guts. I wish terrible things upon them.

They are a very good team but LA has seriously made me hate their guts. I wish terrible things upon them.
I've been dealing with "LA's" for many decades now. The Broncos org, Elway, hating them as such, a given, but then add that contingent of fans that make you hate them even more. Like the Pats and Boston fans. Like Steelers and Pitt fans. Whereas Raiders and their fans, just to name another traditionally successful organization, are always a pleasure to engage in discussion with.

What are you predicting re Oak @ Balt this week G? Interested to hear your view.
Ravens to win (AE).
Heart/head says Raiders could win it, we're actually decent now. Ravens arent scary like they used to be. Raiders D is slowly getting there.
The back-to-back travel might see us drop this one, like the Falcons game (but low-scoring).
We're STILL trying to learn consistency. Once we achieve it (winning say 4 in a row), then I'll be more confident of actually PICKING the Raiders to win.

Ravens to win (AE).
Heart/head says Raiders could win it, we're actually decent now. Ravens arent scary like they used to be. Raiders D is slowly getting there.
The back-to-back travel might see us drop this one, like the Falcons game (but low-scoring).
We're STILL trying to learn consistency. Once we achieve it (winning say 4 in a row), then I'll be more confident of actually PICKING the Raiders to win.

As i said i dont know why cause they havent played much but ive just got a feeling about the Ravens this year after the first 3 weeks. Could surprise and make the playoffs, perhaps even win the AFC North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously im conflicted here cause i want the Raiders to win their division, but i love Smith Snr and want him to go out with a bang and a playoff run this year also.

As i said i dont know why cause they havent played much but ive just got a feeling about the Ravens this year after the first 3 weeks. Could surprise and make the playoffs, perhaps even win the AFC North.
On current form, one would think not. They've won poorly, against average to below-average opposition. That's where my guesstimate of the Ravens is right now -- they wont make it, based on that. But....sometimes playoff teams start this way, scratchy wins against bad teams, lucky close wins, and then they gradually pick up steam and become really good. Like the Broncos last year! They kept winning in ridiculous fashion, teams throwing wins away, and no wonder everyone thought they wouldn't make it, or would get bundled out quickly....but they kept winning ugly and eventually they clicked and actually became good.

Seriously tho. Let's forget about LA, and let's everyone just be unbiased. Are the Broncos really deserving of much attention, write-up, focus? And...in this week's upcoming games, their match-up attracting more talk than other match-ups this week?
I'm not biased I'm just the only one who has realistic expectations/predictions about the Broncos

I've been dealing with "LA's" for many decades now. The Broncos org, Elway, hating them as such, a given, but then add that contingent of fans that make you hate them even more. Like the Pats and Boston fans. Like Steelers and Pitt fans. Whereas Raiders and their fans, just to name another traditionally successful organization, are always a pleasure to engage in discussion with.
If you can by some miracle get past the attempted stabbing stage of the encounter

On current form, one would think not. They've won poorly, against average to below-average opposition. That's where my guesstimate of the Ravens is right now -- they wont make it, based on that. But....sometimes playoff teams start this way, scratchy wins against bad teams, lucky close wins, and then they gradually pick up steam and become really good. Like the Broncos last year! They kept winning in ridiculous fashion, teams throwing wins away, and no wonder everyone thought they wouldn't make it, or would get bundled out quickly....but they kept winning ugly and eventually they clicked and actually became good.
Eventually they clicked an became good? This is a joke right G...?

GG.exe I'm going to christen you the first ever Satirical Tipster....."Heart/head says Raiders could win it".....I don't even know where to start with that one.....I'm going to be up all night now trying to figure out how your heart thinks they "could" win it.

Your simple statement has thrown out the window eveything I thought to be true....I will not sleep tonight pondering this.

Even when you attempt to compliment the Broncos, that contingent of fans gets their noses out of joint because you didn't heap over the top praise on them instead :rolleyes:
We deserve it tho. Rich with history. Reigning champs. Undefeated. Our 7th round pick shaping as the next Tom Brady... :rainbow:

back to Bronco chat:

709559.gif

GG.exe I'm going to christen you the first ever Satirical Tipster....."Heart/head says Raiders could win it".....I don't even know where to start with that one.....I'm going to be up all night now trying to figure out how your heart thinks they "could" win it.

Your simple statement has thrown out the window eveything I thought to be true....I will not sleep tonight pondering this.

I also forgot to mention my gut also "thinks" we "could" win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back