2016 Non Crows AFL Discussion thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
............. why did Port make another one of those 'story of how we finished 10th' documentaries? :rolleyes:
Just watched this too. Wow. They really had to stretch it out :)

On Hinkley, he seems to be making some really simple mistakes in regards to Sports Psychology and motivation. It could just be the edits don't show him in a great light, but even my 13 year old girl said it seemed like he was trying to scare them into not playing badly. Constantly reminding them of the negatives - even when they won - constantly telling them they are different to successful teams - that they aren't perfect and they need to find out why - really drumming in that everything was emotionally driven. Seemed very basic to me.

As far as the doco goes, thought it was really badly put together. When Hinkley threatens to bring in some Magpies players - you don't see the follow up. The whole thing was basically pre-game hype / slow-motion from the games with media commentary / a few shots from the change rooms after.

............. why did Port make another one of those 'story of how we finished 10th' documentaries? :rolleyes:
Such an irrelevant franchise needs to do something to gain any notoriety. But you wait until next year. Ryder. China. I cannot wait to smash those campaigners again, and for another year of power failure so Port flogs spend another entire year posting about 'wouldn't it be funny if Crows....' only to be made fools of week after week after week.

Just watched this too. Wow. They really had to stretch it out :)

On Hinkley, he seems to be making some really simple mistakes in regards to Sports Psychology and motivation. It could just be the edits don't show him in a great light, but even my 13 year old girl said it seemed like he was trying to scare them into not playing badly. Constantly reminding them of the negatives - even when they won - constantly telling them they are different to successful teams - that they aren't perfect and they need to find out why - really drumming in that everything was emotionally driven. Seemed very basic to me.

As far as the doco goes, thought it was really badly put together. When Hinkley threatens to bring in some Magpies players - you don't see the follow up. The whole thing was basically pre-game hype / slow-motion from the games with media commentary / a few shots from the change rooms after.
Was it on TV?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Getting a run on Fox Footy now.

Now excuse me while I pick myself up from the floor - this is pure comedy gold!
Is it been shown in China... As. Gather it is a propaganda documentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its no different to the Crows show in terms of the propaganda.

The difference with the Port one I think was that they started it at the beginning of the year on the assumption they'd walk into a premiership, and when the season fell apart they sorta lost interest in it.

Massive chunks of the season were edited out of the final cut.

Ports thing presents itself as a documentary of their season. The Crows Show features segments on Sam Jacobs lawn and players share house tours.

Port's show is probably actually closer to what I wanted The Crows Show to be, but they miss pretty big chunks of the season, and significant events, instead it was basically pre-game motivation, Power highlights, and then depending on the result, they seemed to pretty quickly skim over the post-game, then on to the next round. A good documentary would have also followed them during the week, some of the meetings between coaches, or players and coaches etc. It could have been really good, but if they did have that footage it was only going to air if they had won the premiership.

I've got no doubt the first one last year was supposed to be a premiership year documentary.

Last edited:
Ports thing presents itself as a documentary of their season. The Crows Show features segments on Sam Jacobs lawn and players share house tours.

Port's show is probably actually closer to what I wanted The Crows Show to be, but they miss pretty big chunks of the season, and significant events, and instead it was basically pre-game motivation, Power highlights, and then depending on the result, they seemed to pretty quickly skim over the post-game, then on to the next round. A good documentary would have also followed them during the week, some of the meetings between coaches, or players and coaches etc. It could have been really good, but if they did have that footage it was only going to air if they had won the premiership.

I've got no doubt the first one last year was supposed to be a premiership year documentary.
I saw a bit of the latest one in the background. It was basically:

- Slow-motion shots of players pulling on their guernseys
- Players do a prison visit ... how appropriate
- Port wins, Ken gives everyone a pat on the back
- Port gets demolished by good team/humiliated by crap team, Ken gets angry
- Rinse and repeat. Nothing's changed since last season

This is a pretty unimportant question. But who is the first listed team for the Grand Final? Bulldogs because they came from the top side of the finals fixture? Or Sydney because they finished higher in the H&A season?

i.e. should it be
W. Bulldogs v Sydney; or
Sydney v W. Bulldogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back