2016 Non Crows AFL Discussion thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and it's also possible that Shane Warne's mum gave him a little pill to slim him down for his date.

the fing is, the s**t food warney ate causes fluid retention. Especially when you're dealing with injury.

fast food changes your metabolism, causes the body to store as much as it can rather than metabolise it. When your body slows down and stores, it stores fluid as well.

he couldn't of avoided fluid retention.

No proof that Daniel shared any specifics with anyone, other than Michael told him something (if he did share specific match preperation information), but it's easy enough for a simple comment like "Michael told me how to beat them!" to snowball into something massive with Chinese whispers.
They were going to be handball happy and we'd split them up with corridor kicking.

The point is not whether the info was rolled gold but whether sharing it in the first place was unethical. As has been said many times, it is hard to see what benefit Adelaide derived.
don't think there's any disputing it was an unethical thing to do, but don't forget lower standards have already been set by AFL house for those sorts of things.

Suicide due to depression and other mental illness is the leading cause of premature death in Australia with young men most at risk, with the rates climbing every year. But yeah, it's funny hey?
You are spot on. Its the seriousness of the subject that then makes me angry when ''personalities'' use it when they are seen to do something wrong. If he genuinely has a mental illness then I hope he gets all the help he needs. But if its just to escape the glare that his own behaviour brought on then shame on him.

This is possible. Just as DABM's chinese-whispers-getting-out-of-hand explanation is also possible. But it is just as possible (and a little more likely imo) that a pissed off M Talia did leak stuff he shouldn't have and D Talia compounded the situation by sharing the info with his team mates.

Then, was Cheney just a big mouth? Or was he unhappy with the situation? Again, both are possible and, with the info available, impossible to determine for certain. Speaking to Bev pushes the probabilities away from just being a dopey big mouth though.

I don't believe we gained significant (or any) benefit from the situation but that doesn't mean it wasn't wrong. The guilty behaviour afterward certainly didn't look good for the Talias.

In the end, it scarcely matters now but assuming that it was all entirely innocent just looks to me like a very partisan view. I'm not sure we would accept that explanation if the situations were reversed.

I cant reconcile how a player (Cheney) is having matey/jokey phone conversations with an opposition Coach.o_Oo_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port poster went full racist in port board last night !
Even port board finally calling for a perma ban !

Hope he is never allowed here again. We don't need people like that in our community, let alone bigfootball. All the hard work the club and some of us in the community do can be undone by scum like that. Incredible. I genuinely hope no one at the club saw that - actually, I hope they did. He should have his membership revoked, if he has one.

This is a mild rebuke - must have been a psychotic break type episode !

Last edited:
I loved McEnroe, Connors, Agassi. I take the good with the bad from Kyrgios. He will win a major. Great player. Don't care how he acts.

But those players went out and left everything on the court and tried to win every match... look at Kyrgios and his tanking. It's disgusting.

Port re-signed Tom Jonas for 3 years. Seems a bit much to me.

Lol Thug is useless with the exception of the obvious. Kosh was air drumming to Phil Collins this morning. Bassett has spiked the drinks or they are backing in a 2014 Kern miracle. :D

What is this about Roo making a tarps joke on MMM?
Not sure if its what has been mentioned but on one of their comps somebody had to name 10 INXS songs. He couldn't name any. Dittmar said ''what song before Ports game so Roo said ''Never Tear Up Our Tarps'' as a hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back