2016 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Cont. in Part 2 (link in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ferals had the lowest crowd at AO yet they proclaim to be the most passsionate and loyal. The time slot and weather is a lame excuse. We had more at a Norf game on a more miserable night. Further proof their supporters are hipster frauds who flee at the first sign of adversity.

Some on the pork board think their black jumper gives them a special power aesthetically over other clubs. Try telling that to Hawthorn. :D

Must be a Port supporter in charge of the SA Govt IT department, I can't access this from my works computer anymore. I will be stuffed if they add Bigfooty to the banned site list.

There ya go.

http://titusoreily.com/retro-round-forgotten-footy-facts/

Retro Round: Forgotten Footy Facts

To celebrate this weekend’s ‘Retro Round’ here are some fact from footy’s glorious past that most people have forgotten.

• A pie at the footy in the 80s cost 60 cents. Asking for sushi would get you a blank stare. Asking for a salad would end in a fight
  • Footy commentators would sometimes say racist or sexist things. This of course could never happen today and would be instantly career ending
  • Watching footy at a suburban ground would often result in fans contracting trench foot and/or lock jaw. It was all in good fun though
  • A ‘concussion test’ meant an opponent would whack you in the head again to see if you’d get back up
  • Fans would often abuse indigenous players, often with racist slurs or booing. Unthinkable in our more enlightened age
  • Once the entire 1936 Carlton team sunk in the mud in the centre, never to be seen again
  • Serving ‘mid-strength’ beer would have resulted in the grandstand being burnt to the ground
  • Smoking was limited to the quarter and three quarter time huddles in 1927 after numerous eye injuries when attempting to tackle a player with a lit cigarette
  • A ‘pressure act’ was standing on an opponent’s head while he was lying in the mud
  • Footy boots once weighed 30 kilos and resulted in most players staying in their positions for most of the games
  • Drug testing was once used to ensure players had actually taken their drugs
  • A ‘salary cap’ was where the players’ salaries were kept during the game. It was usually worn by a local gangster to ensure no one stole it
  • A ‘hard ball get’ was when a player kicked the ball onto the road and someone had to go get it with their stops on

I just saw a flock of budgies fly out of Bartel's beard.
Ha!...and what is the go with this ? The monstrous smelly food saving beards !
I don't get it ?

They all look like Ned ****ing Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fck me! Kockhead on 5AA every Monday morning. They've lost me as a listener.
I don,t listen to 5AA but this will just be pear fest. Hopefully, for most of the SA radio listening public, his stint will only be a ten minute smart arse repartee.

Will the Kocherama never end? :(

Good thinking Kern.
No mass change needed for Power resurgence

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-29/no-mass-change-needed-for-power-resurgence

This line is amazing!

Significant half time lead = 20 points.

Narrowly beaten = 19 points.

The club is tapped out. There really is not much they can do. There will be no real change.

No room to move on players, as they are all contracted on fat contracts. Lobbe showed last year he would not move on.
No room to move on salary cap, last year they were legally over 100%
No money to sack high priced non performing coaches and replace them, ie Hinkley, Voss, Burgess.

They will retire Schulz, Stewart, delist Mitchell and say they made some changes.

Then build next year's PR around Gus and Paddy being back.

The club is tapped out. There really is not much they can do. There will be no real change.

No room to move on players, as they are all contracted on fat contracts. Lobbe showed last year he would not move on.
No room to move on salary cap, last year they were legally over 100%
No money to sack high priced non performing coaches and replace them, ie Hinkley, Voss, Burgess.

They will retire Schulz, Stewart, delist Mitchell and say they made some changes.

Then build next year's PR around Gus and Paddy being back.
The longer they remain delusional that they require minimum change & not far off the flag the better. Please no reality checks.

Kudos to rooch & kornes for blowing smoke up their collective arses... Even though I can't listen to either.

07ccd94556e60b8e3524215cbadc884d.jpg

But injuries!!!!

4 teams worse off and still in the 8.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Interesting stats..

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2016/7/whos-leading-the-league-in-turnovers/

The AFL's turnover kings
1. Dustin Martin (Richmond) - 105
2. Jasper Pittard (Port Adelaide) - 100
3. Stephen Hill (Fremantle) - 98
4. Jack Steven (St Kilda) - 95
5. Lachie Neale (Fremantle) - 92
6. Lachie Hunter (Western Bulldogs) - 90
6. Ollie Wines (Port Adelaide) - 90
8. Heath Shaw (GWS) - 88
8. Brodie Smith (Adelaide) - 88
10. Dan Hannebery (Sydney) - 87

Each club's leader
Adelaide: Brodie Smith (88)
Brisbane: Pearce Hanley (83)
Carlton: Sam Docherty (80)
Collingwood: Adam Treloar (73)
Essendon: David Zaharakis (78)
Fremantle: Stephen Hill (98)
Geelong: Patrick Dangerfield (77)
Gold Coast: Aaron Hall (76)
GWS: Heath Shaw (88)
Hawthorn: Jordan Lewis (80)
Melbourne: Bernie Vince (85)
North Melbourne: Jack Ziebell (78)
Port Adelaide: Jasper Pittard (100)
Richmond: Dustin Martin (105)
St Kilda: Jack Steven (95)
Sydney: Dan Hannebery (87)
West Coast: Andrew Gaff, Luke Shuey (82)
Western Bulldogs: Lachie Hunter (90)

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...d-the-most-free-kicks-after-round-18-in-2016/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back