2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North obviously making cap space for Chris Mayne.
Boomer would be classed as a veteran and about 120k of his payments are not seen under the salary cap.
I reckon North will be in for a Fre-2016 style slide down the ladder next year.
I'm not sure how many of you currently realise that Norths have only won 3 of their last 12 games for 2016 ... the same number of wins as Fremantle's last 12 games.

For me, the shock of Boomer's axing is more about his fitness. He has rarely missed a game in the last decade. The odds are, he would have got through another full year fully fit and his current stats are amongst North's best. Part of North's current demise is their lack of depth and inability to cover for their current injuries, hence their 9-0 win loss record followed by a 3-9 win loss record. Axing one of your most reliable and fit seniors has little chance of improving that problem in 2017. I'm not a big fan of Boomer, but he's got my sympathy on this one.

Boomer would be classed as a veteran and about 120k of his payments are not seen under the salary cap.

I'm not sure how many of you currently realise that Norths have only won 3 of their last 12 games for 2016 ... the same number of wins as Fremantle's last 12 games.

For me, the shock of Boomer's axing is more about his fitness. He has rarely missed a game in the last decade. The odds are, he would have got through another full year fully fit and his current stats are amongst North's best. Part of North's current demise is their lack of depth and inability to cover for their current injuries, hence their 9-0 win loss record followed by a 3-9 win loss record. Axing one of your most reliable and fit seniors has little chance of improving that problem in 2017. I'm not a big fan of Boomer, but he's got my sympathy on this one.

Their team of slow turnover merchants in the middle pride being good at winning contested ball so much that the likes of Wells and Higgins turn their team from top 12 to top 4, they lost both for far too long this year. Their midfield is all bash and crash, with no deal sealing pash.

Harvey wasn't the problem. The real question to me is, which young player is he taking the place of next season that isn't forcing ahead of him already?

I don't think there is one.

Their team of slow turnover merchants in the middle pride being good at winning contested ball so much that the likes of Wells and Higgins turn their team from top 12 to top 4, they lost both for far too long this year. Their midfield is all bash and crash, with no deal sealing pash.

Harvey wasn't the problem. The real question to me is, which young player is he taking the place of next season that isn't forcing ahead of him already?

I don't think there is one.
I think the hope is O'Meara

I understand that they wanted to let their vets know so they could get a game send-off, but I reckon there's something else cooking in the kitchen. Harvey especially, he's a complete tool, but he's still giving them some quality games as that down hill skier goal scoring runner. Normally it would be in their interest to hold off from any culling until into the off season where they can better gage what they have coming.

The only reason I can see that they would really be happy to move so quickly is that they are fairly sure they've landed a reasonably big fish or two.

Don't even like Harvey - but I don't mind Petrie and Nicky Dal (indifferent about spud firrito) but north have handled this the complete wrong way

Only reason I think they've done this is because they've either jumped the gun and ****ed up or something has happened behind closed doors in regards to a players revolt against the coach or board or something

I remember hearing David King saying that outside of GCS and GWS, Fremantle has played the most games into inexperienced players.

I remember that GWS only had 1-2 players under 50 games when we played them last week and we certainly had somewhere around 8 players well under 50 games. Quite the turnaround.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been on the lucky side of several of our attempts not happening like McCarthy, Cloke, Clark and Schultz.

Really just dumb luck though.

Black too.

Let that be a warning to our potential recruits - if you turn down Freo you turn into a crab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back