2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The way you handle and treat a player and how you communicate a message to them is all part of development and with that said, we have developed Michael Walters nicely.
Many on this board have been critical of Ross holding back youngsters last year. It can certainly be argued they are as good as they are now because we did not play them before they were ready; those players include Blakely, Weller, Langdon and even though we rested him late in the season, it includes Alex Pearce.
Sometimes people are critical of the club for the sake of it.
We have developed plenty of players with very few failures in recent years.
So the three amigos are better off because we didn't expose them to too much AFL in their first year?

Are we doing Tucker a dis-service by playing him this year then?

Let's call it for what it was. Ross and match committee backed in the battlers to get us over the line. We got close thanks to our star players but they weren't enough. I will always be of the belief that it was a mistake not to change things up a bit during the second half of the year but it is what it is, got to move on.

The way you handle and treat a player and how you communicate a message to them is all part of development and with that said, we have developed Michael Walters nicely.
Many on this board have been critical of Ross holding back youngsters last year. It can certainly be argued they are as good as they are now because we did not play them before they were ready; those players include Blakely, Weller, Langdon and even though we rested him late in the season, it includes Alex Pearce.
Sometimes people are critical of the club for the sake of it.
We have developed plenty of players with very few failures in recent years.

Every player gets bigger and stronger and more experienced and therefore "develops" with time. What players skills have we developed? Are you happy with the skills of our players?

This time i agree with fred. Give Ross time to develop to a better coach, he never done a rebuild before. He experienced a lot firsrt this year. I been very critical abour ross too , but i think he just need to balance his control of situation whether media , assitant coach or players.

So the three amigos are better off becuase we didn't expose them to too much AFL in their first year?

Are we doing Tucker a dis-service by playing him this year then?

Let's call it for what it was. Ross and match committee backed in the battlers to get us over the line. We got close thanks to our star players but they weren't enough. I will always be of the belief that it was a mistake not to change things up a bit during the second half of the year but it is what it is, got to move on.

In my opinion Darcy Tucker would not have been played this year if we didn't have the injuries we had.
Like I said, the point can comfortably be argued that those young players benefitted from not being over exposed last year. But we will never know definitively.
Ross has never been one to rush in first year players, historically.
Speaking of Darcy Tucker he has not even had a full pre-season. He will be a lot better next year.
Connor Blakely, I don't believe has played a game for us with more than 68 % TOG; that is all part of player development.

Just playing with a spreadsheet, indicative scores that would drop them to wooden spooners:
40 - 89
50 - 105
60 - 121

Thanks.
They are sizeable margins. If a couple of Brisbane players decided to play, or if St Kilda go and do a Melbourne, then they could quite easily avoid the shame of finishing last. Will be interesting to see if Leppitsch pulls any bizarre coaching moves.

Thanks.
They are sizeable margins. If a couple of Brisbane players decided to play, or if St Kilda go and do a Melbourne, then they could quite easily avoid the shame of finishing last. Will be interesting to see if Leppitsch pulls any bizarre coaching moves.

You know, if they (Brisbane) really decide to pull their fingers out, and the Saints have no motivation because they can neither move above or below 9th, and Brisbane do pull off an upset win...

... and we lose to the Bulldogs

we could get pick 2.

You know, if they (Brisbane) really decide to pull their fingers out, and the Saints have no motivation because they can neither move above or below 9th, and Brisbane do pull off an upset win...

... and we lose to the Bulldogs

we could get pick 2.

I'd rather beat the Bulldogs and keep pick 3. Maybe Bullies will use tomorrow as a familiarity session with the long narrow Subiaco ground and not bother about the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every player gets bigger and stronger and more experienced and therefore "develops" with time. What players skills have we developed? Are you happy with the skills of our players?

If you are born a lemon no matter how much sugar you add you will never be an orange.
Like Ross said earlier this year, we can only develop the right talent. The recruiters must get this year right.

And no, of course I am not happy with our skills this year but it may be attributable to our bizarre pre-season that left us woefully unfit. Fatigued players tend to make more errors.
I don't believe that myself and really, the poor skill level this year is inexplicable however, the main offenders have been experienced players. Not so much our young developing players. Even David Mundy, usually a beautiful kick has been shitful this year.
This year has been an aberration IMO.

Fred ben brown pick 47 definitely turn from lemon into orange without any sugar.

Just checked dockerland

Ross is called Roly and he is hated and the Steves are pure evil

that place still exists? Wow!

I signed up years ago and got banned the same weekend for starting a thread saying: "Should McManus retire?"

Haven't been back since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back