2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that place still exists? Wow!

I signed up years ago and got banned the same weekend for starting a thread saying: "Should McManus retire?"

Haven't been back since.

I was banned for saying the players look happy at training

This was just before Ross took them to the finals and beat Geelong in Vic

I was too positive apparently

Yes they do

In the rebuild thread they put most of the blame on.Ross for this season.and some are calling for Harvey to be reinstated

It really flipped from when Connolly was coach. Then they were ultra supportive, especially compared to this board. Now, from what you are saying, they are only too happy to sink the boots in.
I used to like reading some of the posts because they were funny - especially Mission Man who also posted on the Fremantle FC website for a season or two, and Lemon. Wonder if they still post. Can't be stuffed checking though.

It really flipped from when Connolly was coach. Then they were ultra supportive, especially compared to this board. Now, from what you are saying, they are only too happy to sink the boots in.
I used to like reading some of the posts because they were funny - especially Mission Man who also posted on the Fremantle FC website for a season or two, and Lemon. Wonder if they still post. Can't be stuffed checking though.

Please dont I just wasted 5 mins of my life

Mind you I also realised that the Freo BF crew are a pretty decent bunch

Many permutations today.....
Hawthorn lose, West Coast end up 5th and play North (bad because I think WC should win), but Adelaide stay get 4th (good!).
Hawthorn win, WC end up 6th and play the Dogs (Okay, I guess...the Dogs could win), but Adelaide drops to 5th (bad!).
But then Adelaide plays North, so this is good :)
At least if WC wins a final against the Dogs, they will have to play either Geelong or Hawthorn away, so this is possibly good.
Adelaide if 5th should really smack North at home and then (likely) meet GWS in a semi, a game they should win.
If WC finish 5th and then beat North, my guess would be an away semi against Adelaide....I couldnt see Adelaide losing again!.
If Adelaide beat Sydney in a first final, I also think WC would struggle against the Swans away.
So, with all this in mind....Go Collingwood (I think...but I am still not 100% ;))!!!

In my opinion Darcy Tucker would not have been played this year if we didn't have the injuries we had.
Like I said, the point can comfortably be argued that those young players benefitted from not being over exposed last year. But we will never know definitively.
Ross has never been one to rush in first year players, historically.
Speaking of Darcy Tucker he has not even had a full pre-season. He will be a lot better next year.
Connor Blakely, I don't believe has played a game for us with more than 68 % TOG; that is all part of player development.
To be fair, when we drafted Darcy he was pretty much physically ready to step straight into the AFL, very unlike the three amigos.

But yes, without injuries we probably only would've seen him 2-4 times this year.

To be fair, when we drafted Darcy he was pretty much physically ready to step straight into the AFL, very unlike the three amigos.

But yes, without injuries we probably only would've seen him 2-4 times this year.
Tucker not really ready this year? Size , position nothing stand out like sydney low draft pick allir allir or their rookie list uograde academy players.

Blakely???? He starred in the preseason games.

Neither Langdon or Weller looked out of place in the couple of games they got either.

They were all ready, just like Darcy.

Tucker not really ready this year? Size , position nothing stand out like sydney low draft pick allir allir or their rookie list uograde academy players.

Aliir Aliir is 3 years older.

Tucker is one of the youngest in the AFL to play.

Sydney has two players both under 10 games playing great footy. Aliir and Naismith. Both are too old for rising star nominations.

The rest of the young crew, Mills and Heeney are young to be playing most games. But both were top 5 talent and trained with Swans academy for a few seasons. Jon Marsh was also in the two's for almost three years. Hewett is in his 3rd season and Papley is drafted this year as a 20 year old. Xavier Richards stepping up is 23.

So unless you have no choice two to three seasons in the 2nds is preferred. Hawks are similar in player development too.

Sydney has two players both under 10 games playing great footy. Aliir and Naismith. Both are too old for rising star nominations.

The rest of the young crew, Mills and Heeney are young to be playing most games. But both were top 5 talent and trained with Swans academy for a few seasons. Jon Marsh was also in the two's for almost three years. Hewett is in his 3rd season and Papley is drafted this year as a 20 year old. Xavier Richards stepping up is 23.

So unless you have no choice two to three seasons in the 2nds is preferred. Hawks are similar in player development too.
Papley is a rookie pick .only get upgrade because sydney expose him in Nab to see what he got. Freo could also draft 20 years old rookie and expose them. Cant always give this kind of excuses learn , but learn from mistake and improve. If freo always think current method doing it right even result dont come you way in ladder something is wrong. Ross mention four year rebuild that mean all this year freo dont draft or developed players properly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Richmond.

Not that we have been much better....
At least you have won a final or two and got into a GF. What have Richmond done? It would be frustrating as hell to be a supporter of Richmond - promise so much but just don't live up to expectations. Last year they went into the finals in good form and got eliminated straight up.

I'm guessing in ten years time, you'll see a marked change in people speaking to each other. There will be a distinct gap of ten to fifteens second between replies, while each person decides whether or not the next thing they say is going to offend someone, somewhere.
And the only colour you'll be permitted to wear is grey.
Lol:p

West coast first team in AFL history to finish on 16 wins and miss top 4. Crazy season
How many wins were Freo on last year at seasons end? Presume 17 as think we finished up on 16 1/2. Can't recall a season like this with apart from Nth Melbourne all the other sides are either on 68 or 64 points with only percentage separating them. Incredible.

What? I'm serious!

I've heard rumours of a new Australian government department. It will be named the Federal Authority for Re-education and Cultural Knowledge (F.A.R.C.K).
Not only heard rumours, but was sent a partial copy of their draft Statement of Intent a few weeks ago. Here's a trascript (I must reiterate here that this is only a draft, and by no means the offical statement.)

1. Conversations will be monitored by satellite for indications of dissenting/subversive/non-socially acceptable opinion, with certain keywords sent immediately to central processing for further analysis.
Any evidence of thought patterns not completely complying with those of FARCK will be assumed to be subversive or dissenting.

2. Individuals found guilty upon examination of dissension or subversion shall be sent to political education facilities run by FARCK, and will only be released upon demonstration of clear evidence of mental cleansing.

3. FARCK is under no obligation to discern intent. If a person has been deemed by the mainstream public after trail by media to have committed an offence, or has been brought to the attention of FARCK by family members, friends, or other members of the general public and/or media , that person shall be publicly vilified and ridiculed as a first course of action, and then committed to a facility for further re-education. Interpretation of comments made by the accused individual shall be solely the province of FARCK, however FARCK is permitted to be guided by the media and public opinion in this regard.

*Edit - forgot to mention, here was a handwritten addendum on the bottom of the copy I got. it read

4. Any reference to the acronym FARCK comparing it to a certain common swearword, or quacking like a duck while repeating the acronym FARCK several times, will be deemed to be insulting to FARCK.
Any individuals or groups commenting on FARCK in such a manner (or in any other manner deemed to be insulting) shall be immediately referred to a re-education centre without recourse to trial by media.

Last edited:
I'm freeeeee! Thanks for the memories Chop. It was a hell of a year and I wish you all the best in whatever you do next year.
Sorry for keeping you in jail this year , you are a great freo fan . Hope you dont take all my comment about chop seriously .

So AFL hand western Bulldogs a s**t sandwich

Sunday night game then a Thursday night game against West coast. That's not even enough time to recover

Is that fair

They get a bye week this year to recoup and get sorted ready for the finals. If not, would be rigged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back