2016 Non Freo discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have Geelong (a regional city now with a population of 187,417) been able to financially have a club the VFL/AFL since 1897? Yet Tasmania is unable to join. Ford (Geelong's sponsor) is closing it's Australian factory in October. Alcoa closed in recent years.

How have Geelong (a regional city now with a population of 187,417) been able to financially have a club the VFL/AFL since 1897? Yet Tasmania is unable to join. Ford (Geelong's sponsor) is closing it's Australian factory in October. Alcoa closed in recent years.
That's just it. Geelong have been there from day dot and have generations of supporters ingrained into the area. The Tassie team would have to start from scratch.

Yet Sheeds took Rhys Palmer quite readily despite practically being shunted out the door by Harvs who appeared to blame him for Barlow's broken leg.

I don't get the connection. Sheedy expressly stated he was waging war against Freo for sacking Harvey and that he would make sure we suffer. In the end he did us a favour. Thanks Sheeds :thumbsu::hearts:

I don't get the connection. Sheedy expressly stated he was waging war against Freo for sacking Harvey and that he would make sure we suffer. In the end he did us a favour. Thanks Sheeds :thumbsu::hearts:

Just how close the Sheeds-Harves relationship is if Sheeds is willing to take a player who was toxic to Harves. I guess the sacking was more about the club, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This opinion has nothing to do with Hogan. I'd be stunned if Melbourne play finals next year, one good win against Hawthorn doesn't overshadow a sherlacking against Sydney and Geelong, also losing to Essendon and Carlton. They beat GWS in Round one minus Jeremy Cameron and Patton (GWS didn't kick straight, had 8 more shots on goal) and beat GC by 2 points at the G'. They improved, but they're not ready for finals.

This opinion has nothing to do with Hogan. I'd be stunned if Melbourne play finals next year, one good win against Hawthorn doesn't overshadow a sherlacking against Sydney and Geelong, also losing to Essendon and Carlton. They beat GWS in Round one minus Jeremy Cameron and Patton (GWS didn't kick straight, had 8 more shots on goal) and beat GC by 2 points at the G'. They improved, but they're not ready for finals.
I'm not sure, they're very young and have some very impressive developing midfield talent. Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca are both guns and each have only played one season of AFL football. Their list has enormous upside I reckon. The change of coach makes it even harder to predict where Melbourne will finish. Young teams can improve their win-loss quite rapidly.

I'm not sure, they're very young and have some very impressive developing midfield talent. Clayton Oliver and Christian Petracca are both guns and each have only played one season of AFL football. Their list has enormous upside I reckon. The change of coach makes it even harder to predict where Melbourne will finish. Young teams can improve their win-loss quite rapidly.

Agree - throw in Gawn, Viney, Tyson and Bradshaw as well and they have a very good, young stoppage unit developing. IMO they're on an upward trajectory and would expect to improve consistency as they get more experience. Even the loss of Roos has been derisked with their transition strategy.

Completely agree, but teams will also be more weary of them and Watts will cop more attention. There midfield is top notch, but the back line isn't too flash. For the good footy they played this season, they played some seriously crap football too that shouldn't be forgotten. Midfield will dominate games, but I'd still be surprised if they play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks had him first and delisted him ,they stuffed up.
They did as a rookie though, who wanted to come home rather than accept a 2nd year rookie contract with them. But in any case - meh. Good to see him succeed finally, even if it isn't with us. It's hard to be bitter at his success in general, he deserves it.

He's laughing that Sandi is getting out jumped, how we let this bloke go I still don't know, f..k I hope Clarke stays the ruck role has changed to mobile quick guys that can jump
He wanted to play basketball and probably wasn't going to make it at AFL considering he was still getting lapped by players in his 3rd year here, couldn't build a tank for AFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back