Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how it can be assessed as 'incidental' contact when it's the only contact that Sloane made, especially when you consider how forceful the contact was. By definition, that's not incidental. If he'd got a bit of the ball as well, perhaps incidental would be appropriate.

They will class it as a legitimate attempt to spoil the ball and the contact was in the act of that therefore it wont be reported. They have done similar with other incidents this year. I would give him a week but i doubt it happens.

They will class it as incidental contact while attempting to spoil. I dont agree with that but i reckon it will happen that way.

Absolutely agree our failure to get % the last 2 weeks will cost us a home QF. FWIW i still reckon we will beat adelaide over there it just would have been easier over here.
Did he at any point have his eye on the ball? From that footage it didn't look like he even looked at the ball. All eyes were on eberts head.

I love the 'new' Melbourne, but hopefully they lose this week. If there's no chance for them to make finals, chances are we wont be up against it so badly next week. Keep rolling, blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but seriously, that was a huge eye-opener. It'll be interesting to see whether there's any AFL response to this (assuming Hutchy is correct and that was the exact glove Cloke used).

Last edited:
Sidenote: that clip has 380,740 views?!?! What? Surely those numbers can't be right. The most popular AFL vids posted to YouTube don't come close to even vaguely close to attracting that view count no matter how long they spend on the website. A Footy Show clip reaching those numbers in a single day seems insane.

Sidenote: that clip has 380,740 views?!?! What? Surely those numbers can't be right. The most popular AFL vids posted to YouTube don't come close to even vaguely close to attracting that view count no matter how long they spend on the website. A Footy Show clip reaching those numbers in a single day seems insane.

Video's autoplay on facebook. So one guy likes it and then all of his friends have it on their wall. They scroll down their newsfeed and it gives the video a view even. They refresh their page and it gives it another view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back