Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now settle down guys. Havent won nothing yet.. settle and get in the ice bins.
Was just thinking the same thing, they need to remember that getting there is only part of the journey.

Did he even get suspended in a final at geelong? Or did Chris Scott have a fortune teller that told him he would be suspended for the 2016 prelim? Enright got suspended in a qf. Should we have cut him in 2013 for not being there when it mattered?
Sigh. You miss the point, predictably.
We were right to cut him loose and today showed precisely why.

They had one before the finals, though, which was enough. The pre-finals bye was a mistake. It took the advantage of rest that the QF winners received away and it put them at a further disadvantage by limiting their amount of real match experience to one game in almost a month. Basically, the perfect preparation for PFs was given to SF winners while those top 4 teams who won in the first week were placed at a disadvantage.

Not that I think that's why Geelong lost. Geelong were thoroughly outclassed. I think it had an effect here, however, and the fact that both QF winners lost in their PFs is telling.

One of the rare times I fully agree with you Biggy.

They had one before the finals, though, which was enough. The pre-finals bye was a mistake. It took the advantage of rest that the QF winners received away and it put them at a further disadvantage by limiting their amount of real match experience to one game in almost a month. Basically, the perfect preparation for PFs was given to SF winners while those top 4 teams who won in the first week were placed at a disadvantage.

Not that I think that's why Geelong lost. Geelong were thoroughly outclassed. I think it had an effect here, however, and the fact that both QF winners lost in their PFs is telling.

Hard not to feel it had an impact. There were always questions about how the qualifying final winners would handle having 1 game in 3 weeks. It's now apparent that neither handled it well as both significantly unperformed. Didn't make a difference to Geelong as we just weren't good enough but would have to feel GWS would have been better off with Sydney's Adelaide-Geelong route than a week off only to face a team on a roll. The week of clearly killed the momentum they would have taken from the Sydeny game.

Was just thinking the same thing, they need to remember that getting there is only part of the journey.
What they have shown these finals after all their injuries, 2 interstate final wins, just awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That right there is why SJ was cut loose. Cost his side when it mattered most.
What a load of complete bullshit.

I heard the Giants say two weeks ago that SJ was always going to set the aggression level.
And that they followed him.

He personally over stepped the mark obviously.
But he's there to lead them, and teach them. If you think they lost because he wasn't on the ground then you have rocks in your head.

Not sure the Dogs can produce another big finals win... but they match up with the Swans as can match midfield grunt and don't have to worry about multiple key forwards..
And the Doggies just will not die wondering, when we rolled them at Geelong this year I left impressed with how good their effort js.. they have some amazing spirit.. I thought they were in strife late in the 3rd.. but they just don't give up

Also to play the pot stirrer... Stevie J cost the Giants that win

A dumb suspension... the player who replaced him in Palmer made some massive blues that cost them the game
Another bullshit post.

If anything, SJ still not being at Geelong cost us a gf. Because no one had a clue how to move the ball inside 50 last night.
It didn't hurt GWS today.

I heard the Giants say two weeks ago that SJ was always going to set the aggression level.

But he's there to lead them, and teach them. If you think they lost because he wasn't on the ground then you have rocks in your head.
That right there is why SJ was cut loose. Cost his side when it mattered most.

Also to play the pot stirrer... Stevie J cost the Giants that win

A dumb suspension... the player who replaced him in Palmer made some massive blues that cost them the game

Classic Stevie J influence on this game. Would have been the game winner but turned out to be a massive absence, was always going to be one or the other.

SJ would have been handy....

Nice work Stevie J.

Fair to say SJ cost GWS.
Welcome to the Rocks in head club fellas :thumbsu:

Port went nuts in 2004 when they won the prelim. Then turned it on the week after aswell.
Not saying they shouldn't enjoy it, but they need to understand that the job is half done, getting there isn't winning the thing

If you don't think in a 1 goal loss that SJ would not have made a difference... Palmer was fairly average tonight.
Anyway, not our problem to wallow over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back