Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying they shouldn't enjoy it, but they need to understand that the job is half done, getting there isn't winning the thing
Pretty sure there's a week to go.
Maybe a little celebrating tonight to release is perfect. They'll be high until returning home.

Another bullshit post.

If anything, SJ still not being at Geelong cost us a gf. Because no one had a clue how to move the ball inside 50 last night.
It didn't hurt GWS today.
They lost by a goal...

And Palmer was responsible for some massive blunders in the last quarter

I was stirring the troll... but he doesn't get himself rubbed out, they win that game

What a load of complete bullshit.

I heard the Giants say two weeks ago that SJ was always going to set the aggression level.
And that they followed him.

He personally over stepped the mark obviously.
But he's there to lead them, and teach them. If you think they lost because he wasn't on the ground then you have rocks in your head.
There seems to be a fair bit of tension in this post between the position that SJ was really important to the Giants and that his absence didn't cost them.

Stevie wouldn't have got a kick tonight. Coming off the bye-he'd be too old, too slow against the Doggies.;)
Pointless assumption anyway-if Roughead hadn't been injured early on.. if Murphy had've played..

There seems to be a fair bit of tension in this post between the position that SJ was really important to the Giants and that his absence didn't cost them.

That doesn't make sense. But I'll take a guess.

He was important in the QF for setting an example. And apparently he'd told the players all week he'd set it.
Job done.

He didn't cost them a GF birth by doing it. He gave them the opportunity.
And if it wasn't an ex Geelong player. No one would even be mentioning it.

It's Geelong board bitterness. Nothing less.

I think a light training week is in order for the Dogs next week, with the emphasise on recovery. At the moment though, I think the Swans are in the box seat. GWS will be gutted but in a few weeks they can look back with some pride. Young sides on the up rarely win flags their first year in the top 8, and it's possible losing this game could be the catalyst that sees them really dominate in the next few years.

Just on the Dogs performance - having watched very little non Geelong games this year

On pure effort alone - they have got 22 Joel Selwood

The 3rd qtr i thought they were gone - 14 points down in the lastqtr - and then dominated - that was a fantastic win - their combinaton handballing in tight spaces under heaps of pressure is brilliant

After watching that - the only conclusion you can come to - is that Geelong have got a few players who just cruise along

That doesn't make sense. But I'll take a guess.

He was important in the QF for setting an example. And apparently he'd told the players all week he'd set it.
Job done.

He didn't cost them a GF birth by doing it. He gave them the opportunity.
And if it wasn't an ex Geelong player. No one would even be mentioning it.

It's Geelong board bitterness. Nothing less.
Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

I think a light training week is in order for the Dogs next week, with the emphasise on recovery. At the moment though, I think the Swans are in the box seat. GWS will be gutted but in a few weeks they can look back with some pride. Young sides on the up rarely win flags their first year in the top 8, and it's possible losing this game could be the catalyst that sees them really dominate in the next few years.
Doggies are a real chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the Dogs performance - having watched very little non Geelong games this year

The 3rd qtr i thought they were gone - 14 points down in the lastqtr - and then dominated - that was a fantastic win - their combinaton handballing in tight spaces under heaps of pressure is brilliant

After watching that - the only conclusion you can come to - is that Geelong have got a few players who just cruise along
I woundnt go as far as 22 selwoods.
But they are playing for the coach,and our old coach helped build there team and their inside game.
A lot of depth in dat team.

That doesn't make sense.
Makes perfect sense. You can't simultaneously claim that Johnson is so important that he was instrumental in them winning the first final and that his absence didn't matter in the second.

FWIW I think that 'set the tone' stuff is absolute nonsense, not least because the Giants are hardly short of players who enjoy being physical - but it is also clearly why we did get rid of him. Whateley said it on radio a couple of weeks ago - the players and the coaches were exasperated by him repeatedly going off the reservation.

Probably the best result really for the AFL... they would love the underdog story, they know GWS there wouldn't be popular but they still get Sydney representation there which they care about more than anything else

They play for eachother, they play for the jumper, the coach, they would do anything for eachother to win.

We don't have 22 players on the same page, last night we had probably 4/22 who gave everything.

Luke Darcy.
But their waz a lot of barracking for them in the box.
Luke Darcy.

They have build a noice team over the years,good on them.
Yep, but you can hardly hold Darcy against the team! I didn't even notice the barracking anyway-this was such a good contest that even those hopeless commentators became irrelevant.

Anyone who says the players all out in 100% each week and that the finals doesn't have increased intensity better compare the 2 finals this weekend. One team wanted it in the first match a lot more than the other and in the second a team showed that if everyone gives their absolute all they can overcome almost any adversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back