Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawson Simpson signs a 1 year contract extension.
The only thing more confusing than that decision was an article on the AFL website about Danger's holidays...
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-05/star-cats-holiday-fun-cant-erase-pain-of-grand-final-miss
While the Cats managed to make it to the semi-finals, Dangerfield isn't expecting an easy ride to the top again.
Wow... You would think, that the AFL Website, would know that one of the top 4 teams in their comp lost in the Prelim after SKIPPING over the semi finals after winning the QF.

Jarrod Garlett, a late first round pick from a few years ago.

The curse of the Ablett compensation pick strikes again.
Cheers.

Should've released Gazza from his contract instead ;)

It's almost like the AFL is deliberately trying to delay the process to allow the Giants to take part in the draft this year

Surely not. The AFL would never do anything like that.... :rolleyes:

It's almost like the AFL is deliberately trying to delay the process to allow the Giants to take part in the draft this year

It'd have nothing to do with draft picks. Any punishment will be being banned from competition for a period of time and a fine.

It'd have nothing to do with draft picks. Any punishment will be being banned from competition for a period of time and a fine.
The club will cop a punishment along with the individuals involved, can be sure of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd be something like a 100K fine. Whitfield will be fined 50k and be banned for 12 to 24 months with half of it being suspended.
See it more along Giants losing 1st round and 2nd round picks, Whitfield 2 years, Allen and Lambert 4 years as ASADA are involved if it were just AFL you'd be along the right punishment.

Meanwhile we have to pay 300k in equalisation fund charges on zero profits...

Who said the AFL is lobsided and makes s**t up as they go....

Go Catters

512cf1f9e3bb80f25aaeb31b3c4d86a8.jpg

Well, Jab's not a complete campaigner.

Anyone who believes for a moment that Jobe wasn't nudged into handing back the Brownlow 'voluntarily' must be ignorant to the extreme.

He was clearly told it was going to be taken, he got the chance to make it look like he was a good person doing it off his own back as that reads much much better than someone being stripped of the medal.

And it is all about the AFLs image

Anyone who believes for a moment that Jobe wasn't nudged into handing back the Brownlow 'voluntarily' must be ignorant to the extreme.

He was clearly told it was going to be taken, he got the chance to make it look like he was a good person doing it off his own back as that reads much much better than someone being stripped of the medal.

And it is all about the AFLs image

Please tell me Mitchell isn't going to 'reluctantly' accept the medal in his place?

Please tell me Mitchell isn't going to 'reluctantly' accept the medal in his place?

It will be interesting to see what the AFL does here, pretty sure Mitchell has said he is not overly excited by it, but in saying that whether we like it or not he was equal best and fairest that year with Cotchin.

I just hope if he does get awarded it, he accepts it wearing and Eagle's polo or tie, nothing better than p******g off the wee's and Poo's.

Last edited:
To be honest, I am less concerned about Mitchell than the thought of Cotchin being a Brownlow medalist. Just not a great fan of his...admire his courage and temperament, but don't rate him as a champion of his era.

I've nearly barfed at Dons fans praising his class act and the like.
Bullshit, he's a drug cheat and we are 4 years down the track and only now he's not a Brownlow Medallist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back