Oppo Camp 2016 non-Geelong match and general football (Australian Rules) discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All subjective opinion, I know. But I don't see Cotchin as a glaring anomaly when players like those listed above are already recipients of "the game's highest individual honour".

I don't see Cotchin as any kind of anomaly against any company. He's a bloody good footballer. It's just that it's become fashionable to knock anything related to Richmond around here.

I don't see Cotchin as any kind of anomaly against any company. He's a bloody good footballer. It's just that it's become fashionable to knock anything related to Richmond around here.

I agree. And I refuse to take part in such low brow discussions.

Cpz10ayUsAA-Krx.jpg

I read today a top article today - re Freo recruiting Joel Hamling - gave me a bit of a chuckle - seems like a really good bloke

Hamling a descendant of Victorias Yorta Yorta indigenous tribe from his mother Leannes side of the family is proud of his roots

" I loved my upbringing and i am proud of my history ' he said . " When i got drafted to Geelong i had never run a time trial or did a weight or really had a program . " he said

" I came in at 76kg. I got to the club in a singlet , walked into the gym and saw Tom Hawkins throwing around big weights "
" I walked back to the change rooms and put a shirt on "

" I thought i am in for a bit of a shock here ."
Gold

What a douchebag.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ver-concussion-treatment-20161123-gsw1ul.html

"Lumumba is understood to have claimed that doctors stopped him from playing last year due to concussion when he felt he was fit to play and so blocked him from being able to play sufficient games to trigger a clause in his contract for a fourth season with the Demons.

Lumumba did not play a senior game after round six this year, playing only one more game in the VFL for Casey where he suffered another head knock which effectively ended his season.

Now as he enters the third year of his contract, Lumumba cannot play enough games to automatically trigger that fourth year and he is considering legal action over the way he was handled.
"

What a douchebag.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ver-concussion-treatment-20161123-gsw1ul.html

"Lumumba is understood to have claimed that doctors stopped him from playing last year due to concussion when he felt he was fit to play and so blocked him from being able to play sufficient games to trigger a clause in his contract for a fourth season with the Demons.

Lumumba did not play a senior game after round six this year, playing only one more game in the VFL for Casey where he suffered another head knock which effectively ended his season.

Now as he enters the third year of his contract, Lumumba cannot play enough games to automatically trigger that fourth year and he is considering legal action over the way he was handled.
"

Shame on the doctors for putting his physical well-being ahead of a clause in his contract. Can't see anyway this case will go in his favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been self obsessed.

Reminds me of Kanye West......
The difference with Harry O is that he has, at one point in his life, contributed to society to make it better....

Kayne on the other hand.....

GO Catters

I would disagree that playing for Collingwood is a POSITIVE contribution to society....
Collingwood does a great social service for Australia when they play that's 2hrs that your house won't be broken into or your car doesn't get stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back