NRL 2016 NRL Grand Final - Melbourne Storm vs Cronulla Sharks

Who'll win the 2016 NRL Grand Final

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the law suit (defamation?)...nude shower scene photo which showed the outline of his penis....but can't remember the result, any one know? Did he win?
Yes, but I have no details without looking them up. I don't know whether it was one of those "You have won, you get $20 damages" sort of results but I think it might have been.

Really looking forward to Back Page and Tony Squires on Tuesday.

Back Page Live is awful. Journalists pretending to be comedians

barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

I remember the law suit (defamation?)...nude shower scene photo which showed the outline of his penis....but can't remember the result, any one know? Did he win?

Yep. He was originally awarded $350,000 but it was reduced to $100,000 after an appeal.

Plenty of captains of all sports could do worse than watch the way he handles himself in all situations. A real leader.

Spoke with a lot of class tonight but there are certain past incidents where he certainly has not handled himself well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team that tried to play the most 'football' won, and that is a good thing. Smith was very good for Melbourne, but him and Cronk carry some very average players. Shows how good they are I guess.

Wow what a game, what a win!!!

One thing tonight's game showed, they need tougher rules for dirty play on GFs. Storm went the man, took out players at will and at what cost? One is leaving and any others will miss a couple of early games next year. Change the rules, reportable offence = 10 in the bin. Would have won comfortably if they had been binned, that way one team isn't penalised for losing players to dirty play

Anyway fantastic win against the odds, refs were OK even though Storm had to try and kill someone to be penalised and even then some of them got overlooked like the shoulder to the head...

Sharks can thank Sutton for screwing up first week of finals so bad he got demoted from no1 ref! Smith would have missed QLDs no fan tonight

Wow what an experience last night was.

Stood up for the last 30 seconds and when I did, the clock was out of sight. Couldn't here the siren so had no idea if the next tackle would seal the game.

Unbelievable day! Up you Sharkies!

Wow what a game, what a win!!!

One thing tonight's game showed, they need tougher rules for dirty play on GFs. Storm went the man, took out players at will and at what cost? One is leaving and any others will miss a couple of early games next year. Change the rules, reportable offence = 10 in the bin. Would have won comfortably if they had been binned, that way one team isn't penalised for losing players to dirty play
Please. Michael Ennis hit Storm player flush on the jaw first tackle he made and was hitting kickers late all night. The reffing was pretty much fine. Missed three forward passes from Maloney to Graham in about 2 minutes and Smith got away with a few from dummy half as usual, but nothing that swung the game either way.

That was an absolutely fantastic game of footy. Maybe the best grand final since 03 (although 2013, which was very good, I didn't get as good an impression of because i was overseas watching on delay and sort of knew the result). I was shaking for about 5 minutes after that, the last 5 minutes was crazy. Disappointed that Ennis won a comp, one of the most dislikeable footballers I have seen. But stoked for Luke Lewis, been so good for such a long time, cant believe it's 13 years since he won one on the wing. Like Maloney a lot as well.

Rare that Cronk is that poor on the big stage. His kicking game was off but that period where he just wasn't getting his hands on the ball was more startling. They needed to gain some control there.

I thought Chambers was generally very good but he'll regret that missed opportunity with Cronk on the inside of him. Welch's penalty was the worse bit of play though, a flop wasnt needed, let alone hitting him high.

Great game though, great again for rugby league.

What a joke of a game. Sharks player built like a fridge gets a tap on the cheek and goes down like he's been shot and milks the penalty and they score off the next set of 6.

Give that bloke an academy award.

What a joke of a game. Sharks player built like a fridge gets a tap on the cheek and goes down like he's been shot and milks the penalty and they score off the next set of 6.

Give that bloke an academy award.

Are you referring to the second man in swinging arm when the player was on the ground? Yeah, it's the fault of the guy who got a high shot, not the tackler.

Please. Michael Ennis hit Storm player flush on the jaw first tackle he made and was hitting kickers late all night. The reffing was pretty much fine. Missed three forward passes from Maloney to Graham in about 2 minutes and Smith got away with a few from dummy half as usual, but nothing that swung the game either way.

That was an absolutely fantastic game of footy. Maybe the best grand final since 03 (although 2013, which was very good, I didn't get as good an impression of because i was overseas watching on delay and sort of knew the result). I was shaking for about 5 minutes after that, the last 5 minutes was crazy. Disappointed that Ennis won a comp, one of the most dislikeable footballers I have seen. But stoked for Luke Lewis, been so good for such a long time, cant believe it's 13 years since he won one on the wing. Like Maloney a lot as well.

Rare that Cronk is that poor on the big stage. His kicking game was off but that period where he just wasn't getting his hands on the ball was more startling. They needed to gain some control there.

I thought Chambers was generally very good but he'll regret that missed opportunity with Cronk on the inside of him. Welch's penalty was the worse bit of play though, a flop wasnt needed, let alone hitting him high.

Great game though, great again for rugby league.

i has a query.

cronk was being tackled just after kicking. is there a rule that prohibits this? everytime a shark did it, a storm player just ran to distract without contact

Back