NRL 2016 NRL Premiers Cronulla Sharks discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the GF...
  • won myself a bottle of scotch.
  • Fifita was immense - a lot of haters out there but he delivered when it counted.
  • Ennis - legend
  • Gallen - legend
  • Bird - battled on after arm injury
  • I was happy for the doggies yesterday - so happy that the sharkies broke the drought yesterday. Shout out to all the sharkies brothers on BF!!:thumbsu::thumbsu::hearts::hearts: Not a glory hound club
  • Luke Lewis - what can I say other than thankyou and congrats on BOG

I'm greedy, I want another one.

We will have to replace Ennis the Menace and it will be Gallen's last year but hopefully we can grab a big name or two over the break.

I will have to send away for some Premiership gear. A nice sticker for the car and a premiers cap, assuming we produce one, will be just the thing to help me get over a forgettable AFL season!

Don't watch a lot of League but bloody hell that was great stuff! Gripping.
I managed to see past my hatred for Phil Gould and listen to the commentary too.
Haha cheers mate

What a game! stoked for Gallan, Ennis & co :thumbsu: :D

Naturally there are some ungracious reactions in the aftermath. We dominated most of the play. Would have been a bitter pill to lose it.
That would've been devastating after leading for so long. Storm are brilliant defenders - other teams would've wilted under the wave after wave of attacks in the dominating periods of the game.

Well done to our players, the Coaches and support staff but most of all well done to those supporters who have stuck by us through the years. The stadium was a sea of black white and blue and I don't recall seeing one team's colours dominate a GF as much as ours did tonight.

I went to both GFs in 78 as a teenager. Thirty-eight years later I have a grandson (who cannot be parted from his Reefy mascot and cheers for the blue team :D). No way was I going to miss this one. Incredible scenes at what was supposedly a Melbourne home game - seeing 60,000+ Sharks fans in one place was so emotional (you have to remember this isn't like the AFL - the home ground fits about 22,000 if everyone breathes in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone on here get back to the shire? Still don't know how they didn't score at the end but I wouldn't want it any other way. Good to see the airport flooded with Sharkies colours and a shout out to those who are from Launceston (saw about 6 get on one flight).

:mbcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:
Didn't head down after the game last night but ducked down this morning. Unreal scenes!

Anyone on here get back to the shire? Still don't know how they didn't score at the end but I wouldn't want it any other way. Good to see the airport flooded with Sharkies colours and a shout out to those who are from Launceston (saw about 6 get on one flight).

:mbcircle::mwcirlce::largebluecircle:

Yep, was an enjoyable night but dragged on a bit, players didn't get back until 1:40, had a few thousand on the ground and packed out the leagues club, also had people setting off fireworks in the local park.

Amazing night, got to bed at 4:30 then up at 8:30 to drive 900ks back home! Might sleep well tonight

Yep, was an enjoyable night but dragged on a bit, players didn't get back until 1:40, had a few thousand on the ground and packed out the leagues club, also had people setting off fireworks in the local park.

Amazing night, got to bed at 4:30 then up at 8:30 to drive 900ks back home! Might sleep well tonight

Very nice, I heard somewhere (might've been on the train or an announcement) that the players would be back at the club at 12 but that was never happening.

Now for the real tough decision, white or black premiership tee?

Very nice, I heard somewhere (might've been on the train or an announcement) that the players would be back at the club at 12 but that was never happening.

upload_2016-10-4_0-51-1.png

Yeah they kept saying 10 minutes, 5 minutes, on their way, here soon. But it dragged on, trouble was after 2 hours of waiting there was no point heading home until they came! I caught one of the first buses back to the Leagues club so had a very long wait, but once the presentations were over I had to race out to get the premiership t-shirt, got the black last night and just ordered the white from the club

If I had to choose one, I like the white as its got the names on the back

That is one of the problems with a night GF. An afternoon final either AFL or NRL is over by 5pm and the players have a chance to have some time together before celebrating with the fans in the evening. I think the AFL GF in the afternoon is a better deal for most followers as you can watch the game at the MCG or at the local pub then go and celebrate at your club or a venue with the players.

Bought the black one as a spur of the moment thing when we were leaving ANZ. Great piece of clothing to top of a great night.

Will be purchasing the white one as well at some point.

Well done you Sharks. You've played tough all season and you've played well too! And Melbourne sure take some getting past, don't they?

So hopefully I'll be seeing my favourite NRL player in Wigan in February. :)

Bought the black one as a spur of the moment thing when we were leaving ANZ. Great piece of clothing to top of a great night.

Will be purchasing the white one as well at some point.

Black ones look a bit like Power Tees. Easy to see why I follow the Cronulla Sharks. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back