2016 NT Election - 27/08/16

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's fantastic news for the people of the NT, they just dumped an inept, useless, self serving, arrogant government, and it even looks like the independents will have more seats than the CLP opposition. {Edit: The Speaker just mentioned this in a post above}

WA is the next one to dump the LNP. :)
Calling them the LNP is disingenuous in WA.

Giles lost his seat. Loser even where he should've been most popular.

Rock, paper, scissors to decide the new Opposition Leader :straining:

I see nanny state mentality is coming to NT. The reintroduction of speed limits.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-37283797

Clare Martin's government introduced them then the CLP abolished it in many areas.
I don't think it will make any difference to most given that not many drive as fast as 120. You only have to experience the bozos driving in Darwin to realise that.

Anyway as I said somewhere else this new government is not going to be any sort of saviour and will bring in their own type of incompetencies. Most territorians are apathetic to political parties unlike people from elsewhere and for good reason.

On SM-A300Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Final result

ALP - 18
CLP - 02
Ind - 05
That is a real spanking and deserved as well. The main opposition part has 2 members, I am sure this has been unheard of in Australian politics

its on a similiar level to the 2012 QLD election where labor had 7 seats out of 89
True, I remember that, but then the Liberals got all smarmy and arrogant and got tossed out first term. Never seen political parties tossed out by the electorate as it has been over the past decade. One term governments were almost unheard of and since then we have had Vic, QLD and NT governments fall over the past 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, I remember that, but then the Liberals got all smarmy and arrogant and got tossed out first term. Never seen political parties tossed out by the electorate as it has been over the past decade. One term governments were almost unheard of and since then we have had Vic, QLD and NT governments fall over the past 2 years.

the general way at the moment seems to be landslide, close, landslide at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back