2016 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know what's happening at South with their retirements and losses? Wage, Viney x3, Crawford, Mayne etc??

Heard this on the grapevine:
- Brett Laskey will coach Bridport for 20k+
- Stoltenberg has been asked to coach Prospect for serious coin as well...

Stoltenberg good chance to maybe coach St. Helens as they are looking for coach to?

Ned Hyland is coaching St Helens apparently and Stoltenberg is assistant Bosworth from Uni is back at St Helens and Ricki Wells is coaching Prospect! Mass Exodus at prospect is going down according to a few sources.

Any other movements?

Heard this on the grapevine:
- Brett Laskey will coach Bridport for 20k+
- Stoltenberg has been asked to coach Prospect for serious coin as well...

why do clubs rate laskey as a coach? yes he won a flag at uni but had a reasonable team but they soon dumped him, deloraine dumped him after a year and now only one year at prospect?
after a game late in the season he told a rival club that they (prospect) had just signed "6 guns"
being the south boys his son jake tepper etchell etc. not one actually signed!
dont see him helping bridport much

why do clubs rate laskey as a coach? yes he won a flag at uni but had a reasonable team but they soon dumped him, deloraine dumped him after a year and now only one year at prospect?
after a game late in the season he told a rival club that they (prospect) had just signed "6 guns"
being the south boys his son jake tepper etchell etc. not one actually signed!
dont see him helping bridport much
I'm mates with a couple of them south boys and they all did sign contracts at prospect.. ask them they will have no issue telling u now. When it all began to fall apart up there they started to change their mind.. but all did sign initially.. we tried to get a few of them to play with us after that but no luck.. and as for deloraine we didn't dump Brett lasky he was leaving due to a few issues and only then did the club say that they were dumping him.. now we look like we have last more players and are in a worse position so what's that say..

thye have revised Div 1 cap to 38 points with Hillwood and G Town getting 46. Div 2 Scotch get 40, Lilydale UM Evandale and St Pats get 42 and the rest get 46 points. Cant understand an 8 point difference in div 1 but only 6 points in Div 2 for the weaker sides, there's a fairly big differential in Div 2 based on scorelines this year?
How do Div 2 sides get more points than Div 1? Surely the idea would be to have Div 1 as the better comp?

How do Div 2 sides get more points than Div 1? Surely the idea would be to have Div 1 as the better comp?
It is because there isn't really anywhere lower that div 2 can get players from therefore if blokes are dropping back from div 1 they are worth more. So they obviously need more points because any recruits are coming from a higher level. Where div 1 teams can recruit from div 2 and the players aren't worth as much being from a lower comp

It is because there isn't really anywhere lower that div 2 can get players from therefore if blokes are dropping back from div 1 they are worth more. So they obviously need more points because any recruits are coming from a higher level. Where div 1 teams can recruit from div 2 and the players aren't worth as much being from a lower comp

They removed the rule where you drop back from division 1 to division 2 you aren't worth additional points .

It's got something to do with the fact division 1 have an u19s (now 18s) to draw from which we all know the step from 19s to seniors is very hard so it is no advantage at all

Herd Perth Chasing hard but struggling to find recruits. Joey Maroney still President and Rihnd senior coach. The dynamic duo steering the ship straight into the rocks again. Heard they lost a couple from last year and may have already lost there new Rocha recruits after they attended one of Rihnds training sessions.
Trying to throw money around but no one seems silly enough to take it under the current set up.
Shows that a good culture is more important to players than cash.
Seems to me that a change of people required at that club.
How do you think they will stack up against the two new clubs will they get of the bottom?
Prehaps they can sign a few prospect players?
Be good to see the bottom sides improve and even up the div two comp next year.
Looking unlikley for Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ask because I was under the impression that training actually starts this Friday at Perth. That makes me think that some of your statements are baseless. Anyhow moving on, why can't the ntfa admit the four nefu clubs, move to 3 divisions and consider promotion/relegation. Just an idea

I ask because I was under the impression that training actually starts this Friday at Perth. That makes me think that some of your statements are baseless. Anyhow moving on, why can't the ntfa admit the four nefu clubs, move to 3 divisions and consider promotion/relegation. Just an idea

and how would a division 3 work?
the 4 NEFU teams? who no longer just want to play just each other.
so would you drop some teams back from div 2? and if so who?
as you can tell some clubs arent too keen on travelling too far, dunno how that would work?

Prospect are going to struggle to fill a side. C Laskey, Barrett, Hart, Rayner, Goodyer and D Laskey all headed to Bridport. Mackrill, Sherriff and Bluett to Hillwood... Stolt to st Helens, Smith to North and Crawford undecided on where he will play this only leaves 10 of their best 22 from last season still at the hawks not to mention they have lost at least 12 reserves players. If this isn't enough proof of what the nefu sides coming in has caused I don't know what is!

They have started already cuz. I think they were the first club to start pre season. They have called a few boys I play with to try and get them out for a run and to sign them up. So not baseless claims ya bloody Drongo.

In Div one, Rocha keeping all required senior players from last year and on the verge of the signing Whitford, from North.
Could be even bigger than Rooza himself.
Cant see anyone getting near the Tigers if this happens.
Back to back for the Yellow and Black!!!

In Div one, Rocha keeping all required senior players from last year and on the verge of the signing Whitford, from North.
Could be even bigger than Rooza himself.
Cant see anyone getting near the Tigers if this happens.
Back to back for the Yellow and Black!!!

Your dreaming haha no chance of whitfird

Prospect are going to struggle to fill a side. C Laskey, Barrett, Hart, Rayner, Goodyer and D Laskey all headed to Bridport. Mackrill, Sherriff and Bluett to Hillwood... Stolt to st Helens, Smith to North and Crawford undecided on where he will play this only leaves 10 of their best 22 from last season still at the hawks not to mention they have lost at least 12 reserves players. If this isn't enough proof of what the nefu sides coming in has caused I don't know what is!
What's all them players leaving got to do with nefu teams? Prospects a basket case and has been for awhile now!

Well they have lost 7 senior players to the 2 nefu sides already. Brett Laskey held a meeting with the the players at the end of last season and promised them next year they would finish top two. Looks like ols had a few turn up to their first run. I've heard a few people say they where thinking of heading there until they found out Kirby is coaching

Well they have lost 7 senior players to the 2 nefu sides already. Brett Laskey held a meeting with the the players at the end of last season and promised them next year they would finish top two. Looks like ols had a few turn up to their first run. I've heard a few people say they where thinking of heading there until they found out Kirby is coaching
My point was they're a rabble. Those blokes would have more than likely left to another club whether nefu teams came in or not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back