Player Sponsorship 2016 Player Sponsorship

2016 Bigfooty Lions Board Player Sponsorship

Hello and welcome to the 2016 Bigfooty Brisbane Lions board player sponsorship. I thought i'd start this up nice and early this year (emphasis on early) to see if we can beat our years gone by totals and sponsor as many players as possible next year. Now I know we have had a pretty rough patch these past few years but I reckon we have quite a few genuinely special players who we could sponsor. Add to that players the club invariably draft and trade in and I reckon competition for sponsorship votes will be tough!

So if you can spare a little bit of cash and want to get involved in the lions board player sponsorship we'd be thrilled to have you on board, whether you've contributed in the past or are wanting to get involved for the first time. I've been apart of the lions boards player sponsorship for a few years now and its a great little initiative (going back almost 9 years) where we can show our support to the boys and have a chance at winning some great prizes.

Overview

The Brisbane Lions enable supporters to sponsor individual players for a year, costing between $380 and $830, depending on the seniority of the player.

In return, sponsors get an opportunity to meet their player and a signed guernsey or photo, among other goodies.

Each year BigFooty organises group sponsorships, with minimum contributions starting from just $50. We collectively vote on which players to sponsor, with votes weighted by the amount you've contributed.

Then once the sponsorships are finalised, we raffle out the individual prizes to participants. Again, the more you've contributed, the more "raffle tickets" you get.

In essence, it is a cheap way of contributing to our Club, while having a decent chance of "winning a prize" in return.

It has proved very popular, particularly over the last few years, raising more than $13,500 for the Club, with dozens of users sharing in the "prize-pool".

This year we'd like to lift the bar yet again, so we're aiming to raise $3000.

(See Post #2 to keep tabs on how we're tracking)

If you're interested in taking part, then please read on:

Sponsorship Details

How much does an individual sponsorship cost?

Brisbane Lions Player Sponsorship Package Details

Code:

Category 1 - Leadership group $830.00

Category 2 - Players with 100 or more AFL games $600.00

Category 3 - Players with 20-99 AFL games $500.00

Category 4 - Player with less than 20 AFL games $380.00

NB there’s a per player limit of 4 sponsors in Queensland and 4 sponsors in Victoria.

What do sponsors get in return?

1. Welcome letter from your sponsored player/s

2. Option of signed guernsey or a signed and framed photograph of your sponsored player/s

3. Recognition in the Season Review magazine and Club website lions.com.au

4. QLD player sponsors also receive:

a. Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and a guest speaker

5. VIC player sponsors also receive:

a. Two tickets to a player sponsor function including cocktail food, beverages and the opportunity to meet and mingle with your sponsored player (subject to player availability) and other Lions senior team members.

Bigfooty Group Sponsorship Details

If you'd like to be a part of our group sponsorship, simply state the amount you'd like to contribute in this thread.

1. The minimum contribution is $50.

2. For each $25, a user gets 1 vote for the players they would like to see sponsored.

3. We will organise a purchase of a sponsorship for whoever is the leading vote getter. If that player is sold out we will arrange for the player with the 2nd most votes to be sponsored.

4. Any remaining funds will go towards the next sponsorship. Voting for the previous sponsorship will be wiped, and users will be invited to resubmit votes, so try to keep an eye on the thread title so you know when to vote again.

5. Once all sponsorships are complete, the prizes will be allocated. This is done at the end to give everyone equal opportunity to win prizes. Users are given a raffle entry for each $25 they contribute, and with that raffle entry they choose which prize they would like to be in the pool for. The winners will then be drawn at random, and we will convey postage details to the club so that the winners can receive their prize.

Bigfooty Contribution

Each year Chief contributes $200 towards each club's player sponsorship(s)

All contributors will get a sponsorship badge (aka BigFooty Bling), which can be seen under a poster's username (like my "Beams 12" tag). Posters will be able to choose which of the sponsored players they want on their badge.

Users who contribute $50 will receive a free BigFooty Gold sponsorship for 12 months.Benefits.

Users who contribute $100 or more will receive a free BigFooty platinum sponsorship for 12 months. Benefits.

Who can be sponsored?

1. Any of the players on the senior list.

2. Any of the players on the rookie list.

3. Not the scholarship players.

History of Sponsorships on the Brisbane Lions Board

2007: Richard Hadley

2008: Daniel Merrett

2009: -

2010: Simon Black, Brendan Fevola and Todd Banfield

2011: Tom Rockliff, Todd Banfield, Ryan Harwood and Jared Polec

2012: Patrick Karnezis, Tom Rockliff, Cal Bartlett, Ryan Lester, Josh Green, Billy Longer and Jared Polec

2013: Claye Beams, Jared Polec, Daniel Rich, Mitch Golby, Elliot Yeo, Josh Green and Billy Longer

2014: Lewis Taylor, Michael Close and Pearce Hanley

2015: Dayne Beams, Lewis Taylor and Jayden McGrath

Keeping Updated

The posts detailing the relevant dates, useful information and contribution amounts will be regularly updated with all details of this year's sponsorship(s). When action is required (like voting), we'll update the thread subject accordingly, so if you can, try to check in at least once a week.

***IMPORTANT: POST OR MESSAGE THAT YOU ARE MAKING A PLEDGE AND I WILL FORWARD YOU THE RELEVANT BANK DETAILS. YOUR VOTES OR AMOUNTS PAID WILLNOTBE RECOGNISED IN ANY WAY UNTIL I HAVE CONFIRMATION YOUR MONEY IS IN THE ACCOUNT!!!

Wanting to make a pledge, then all you have to do is post on this thread or personal message me and we will get the ball rolling.

Last edited:
Useful Information

1. In each vote held, player votes will only be accepted from those who have paid their pledges in full as at the close of that particular voting round.
2. $120 remaining in the 2016 sponsorship to be rolled over to 2017.

Badges and Site Premium

Beams 15:
Simba Moyo

Robinson: WhitLionFeva, Davemonkey, royboy2, zoblitz, MZamzam, Fatcat08, PertRoosOsborne, Sisterka, AB09, elixuh

Keays: BuntonRules, BRAB, matwt73, ____ , Dizzle, LionKing, Simba Moyo

Christensen: dlanod, BeamStar17, Irel, pauldrc, Kabanna, Lockie, Jackywats, Voss the Boss

BF Gold: WhitLionFeva, Davemonkey, royboy2, zoblitz, MZamzam, PertRoosOsborne, AB09, elixuh, BuntonRules, BRAB, matwt73, ____ , Dizzle, LionKing, Simba Moyo, dlanod, BeamStar17, Irel, pauldrc, Kabanna, Lockie, Voss the Boss

BF Platinum: Fatcat08, Jackywats, Sisterka

Last edited:
Contribution Amounts

Bigfooty contribution $200
BeamStar17 $50
irel $50
Voss the boss $50
royboy2 $50
Kabanna $50
Jackywats $100
Elixuh $50
ZoBlitz $50
Simba Moyo $50
Davemonkey $50
WhiteLionFeva $50
matwt73 $50
dlanod $50
sisterka $100
____ $50
Fatcat08 $100
PertRoosOsborne $50
Dizzle $50
BuntonRules $50
BRAB $50
pauldrc $50
LionKing $50
AB09 $50
MZamzam $50
Lockie $50

Total Pledged: $1,600 (inc. +$200 BF contribution)

Total Received: $1600

Total Spent: $1480/$1600

Remaining Available: $120

Last edited:
Slightly annoyed about how last year was handled. Never got my invite to the function from the club and ended up missing it.

Slightly annoyed about how last year was handled. Never got my invite to the function from the club and ended up missing it.

Is this a common problem? I'm still waiting on something, too.

I assume that 'ditto here' means that you will match the total raised by the group.

Yep. Of course the devil's in the fine print.

Up to a maximum of $50.

Been a while, I'm in for $50

Hoping to have 'Andrews 16' (or any Lions academy player) under my username by the start of next season.

Also would be good if my current sponsors could be changed into initials (e.g. 'BL 13' instead of 'Longer 13' if any mods can get onto that)

Also would be good if my current sponsors could be changed into initials (e.g. 'BL 13' instead of 'Longer 13' if any mods can get onto that)

Because of the way the system works that'd require the same change be applied to all people who have similar sponsor tags, which tends to split the vote - some want to retain their old tags and some would prefer to change.

Because of the way the system works that'd require the same change be applied to all people who have similar sponsor tags, which tends to split the vote - some want to retain their old tags and some would prefer to change.
I remember this site used to have a policy that after 3 years the player becomes initials rather than surname, hence why I asked the question.

(Also "BL 13" and "EY 13" would be better than "LONGER 13" and "YEO 13". All Geelong sponsorships for example from last year and before are "TV 14" rather than "VARCOE 14")

I remember this site used to have a policy that after 3 years the player becomes initials rather than surname, hence why I asked the question.

(Also "BL 13" and "EY 13" would be better than "LONGER 13" and "YEO 13")

I think that was under the old software. There's a few less restrictions on the new one if my understanding is right.

BTW I didn't realise you were talking about initials previously, I thought you meant "BL" as in "Brisbane Lions". :)

I think that was under the old software. There's a few less restrictions on the new one if my understanding is right.

BTW I didn't realise you were talking about initials previously, I thought you meant "BL" as in "Brisbane Lions". :)
My thinking at the time (IIRC) when I chose Yeo instead of Mayes is that "EY 13" would be better than "SM 13"... kinda regretting that.

I chose Longer because he gave me a free signed jumper in the 2012 NEAFL final

Back