Player Sponsorship 2016 Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so further to my previous post it seems that the sponsorships can be 'confirmed' in January (when the playing list is confirmed). However, between now and then we are able to register our interest in players. To try and avoid the disappointment of being unable to sponsor players due to unavailability (as I'm sure there will be some who are/will be very popular this year) I thought we could begin the voting process.

We currently have $1,400 pledged and $1100 received (I'll count the $200 Bigfooty contribution as received).

These are the four categories of player sponsorship available:

(i) Leadership Group $830
(ii) Players with 100 or more AFL games $600
(iii) Players with 20-99 AFL games $500
(iv) Players with less than 20 AFL games $380

Voting Process

Depending on who people ultimately want to sponsor it is likely that we may be able to sponsor 2 players in the first round of voting. So if everyone could vote for three players I think that would be good (three so that we hopefully cover any availability issues).

When voting please make the player you would most like to sponsor 3, your next preference 2 and so on.

E.g.

3. Rockliff
2. Taylor
1. Beams

When the voting closes we can tally the votes. Those who have contributed $100 will have greater weight placed to their votes (i.e. 6 3 2) to reflect their contribution.

The voting will close at midnight on Wed the 6th of December.

Elixuh ZoBlitz Davemonkey WhiteLionFeva dlanod sisterka ____ Fatcat08 PertRoosOsborne Dizzle BRAB pauldrc LionKing AB09 MZamzam Lockie

And just a heads up to those who are yet to send through their money to do so if they would like to participate in this first round of voting.

Jackywats Simba Moyo Bucking Beads matwt73 BeamStar17 BuntonRules

EDIT: you can change your votes at any time up until voting closes.

Last edited:
3. Merrett
2. M Robinson
1. Mathieson

Love the new kids but Rog is always first in my heart.

Last edited:

I think it would be preferable to keep it even across the board. Just a 3 2 1 if you could!
Hard to decide on a 3-2-1 basis.

Having said that then
3 - Hipwood
2 - Keays
1 - Schache

3 - Beams
2 - Hipwood
1 - Keays

3. Robinson
2. Bell
1. Merrett

Given my past history with tags and players leaving I'm doing us all a favour here.
How did I forget Robbo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi. Sorry, first post and I don't mean to hijack this thread.

Could some one please explain why fans financially sponsor a player who likely earns a lot more than the average fan?

Hi. Sorry, first post and I don't mean to hijack this thread.

Could some one please explain why fans financially sponsor a player who likely earns a lot more than the average fan?
The money goes to the club not the player. It's a revenue stream

Remove this Banner Ad

Back