List Mgmt. 2016 Post Season Draft, Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One was Lloyd. I reckon Daniel Cox will get picked up at some stage.
I'm curious to see what happens with him.

I thought that his young age and raw talent both with ball in hand and athleticism represented better value than the plug and play aged Eagles.
So did Mick imo
Yeah I am still a bit bewildered that Daniel didn't win - he was clearly Mick's favourite. His kicking seems to have improved a lot since his draft year and that's why I was excited for us to get him (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/daniel-cox). The only thing I can see going against him was his performances in the VFL since the show's taping finished a few months back. Eagles stood out more than the other two in the VFL for the past 3 months or so. But given Daniel stepped up whilst in an AFL environment I thought that would have said something to recruiters.

Suspect he might still be added to the cat B prospect list now that the show is over. Can pretty much guarantee the AFL won't allow us to have exclusive rights though given he (like Cedric and Francis Watson) moved away from Halls Creek to progress his football after not being drafted in 2013.

Yeah I am still a bit bewildered that Daniel didn't win - he was clearly Mick's favourite. His kicking seems to have improved a lot since his draft year and that's why I was excited for us to get him (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/daniel-cox). The only thing I can see going against him was his performances in the VFL since the show's taping finished a few months back. Eagles stood out more than the other two in the VFL for the past 3 months or so. But given Daniel stepped up whilst in an AFL environment I thought that would have said something to recruiters.

Suspect he might still be added to the cat B prospect list now that the show is over. Can pretty much guarantee the AFL won't allow us to have exclusive rights though given he (like Cedric and Francis Watson) moved away from Halls Creek to progress his football after not being drafted in 2013.

Mentally isn't as strong as the other two and can't take criticism, Eagles had it in the bag a long time ago. Choosing Brisbane was the obvious choice too, he might get a game for them next year.

Mentally isn't as strong as the other two and can't take criticism, Eagles had it in the bag a long time ago. Choosing Brisbane was the obvious choice too, he might get a game for them next year.
Did you watch Matty Eagles on the show? Mentally strong would not be a phrase I'd use to describe him either. And anything brain related probably rules out Treloar altogether as well.

I thought Daniel improved his attitude 100% after Mick had words with him. If it was such an issue I don't think Malthouse would have been a fan of his. You've also got to factor in the cultural aspect. I'd back Freo to redirect that "passion" to positive on-field performances. Sure it's a risk but isn't that the point of Cat B rookies?

It'll be interesting to see if Eagles makes it at AFL level or like the first recruit he never comes close to playing a game.

That makes me sad

Not really, in 2013/14/first part of 2015 he was actually one of our best. Constantly got in the right spot and hit the target. It was only really our Grand Final, 2014 finals series and the last half of last year where he didn't do so well.

This year how he played more than 10 games is beyond me. Would've loved to have seen Sutcliffe given a shot in that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant see us going past mcgrath or mccluggage if available. Then who knows

Luggage goes pick 1. I'm not sure who Brisbane will take (or if they will get a PP at #3) but early on the scuttlebutt was Brisbane were into Seton. McGrath looks too good not to take, but if he's gone then English is a dead certainty.

Luggage goes pick 1. I'm not sure who Brisbane will take (or if they will get a PP at #3) but early on the scuttlebutt was Brisbane were into Seton. McGrath looks too good not to take, but if he's gone then English is a dead certainty.
Thought Brodie was a shoe in to Essendon, they tried to get him to play for the VFL team didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back