List Mgmt. 2016 Potential Draft Picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to snag Patrick kerr if we could get a pick high enough

He will be long gone before our third rounder

Dont know if mentioned but on tac cup future stars terry wallace marked our highedt need as an inside mid and mentioned players such as brodie scharenberg, then steele etc. although its terry wallace i do think we will go after venables rather than a marshall or a scrimshaw. If taranto is there it will be interesting to see who we rate higher

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...fl-draft-wrap-jordan-gallucci-showcases-class

Promising midfielder Jordan Gallucci showed AFL-standard class, composure and impact per possession in Eastern's 50-point win over Gippsland on Saturday. Gallucci dominated with an impactful 36 disposals, six marks, six tackles and three goals.

Gallucci displayed two signature strengths multiple times throughout the game.

Firstly, Gallucci has a masterful ability to lower his eyes, immediately find a good target over a short or medium distance and hit them by foot, lace out, where they want it. A natural right-footer, his passes by foot feel Sam Mitchell-esque. The midfielder excels in lowering his eyes, making a quick decision and hitting his intended target off one or two steps.

Notice in a couple of phantom drafts gets connected with us. Can see the Hammer resemblance.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...fl-draft-wrap-jordan-gallucci-showcases-class
Firstly, Gallucci has a masterful ability to lower his eyes, immediately find a good target over a short or medium distance and hit them by foot, lace out, where they want it. A natural right-footer, his passes by foot feel Sam Mitchell-esque. The midfielder excels in lowering his eyes, making a quick decision and hitting his intended target off one or two steps.
more Sam Gray-esque than Sam Mitchell-esque

We need an elite midfielder at our first pick and not a defender.
Our pick might not have one of those available.. Scrimshaw looks more than capable of being that type of player though. Good inside, a great kick (which we desperately need), outside run.. He seems to have a lot of hallmarks that would allow him to be an elite mid!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, i was expecting to see more from Marshall today and while i still think he will be a gun, it will be some time coming hence it's a no from me.

McGrath is just a little terrier, not sure how tall he is but he is a gun and will surely be gone in the top 5.

Brodie had a very nice game and i'd be extremely happy to hear his name read out at our first pick. Hopefully we also have another pick very soon after and hear Scrimshaw or Taranto's name read out, both of whom look like they will be very classy players.

I know there are others but any of these guys above would be a nice addition to our team as would a couple others potentially with a later pick such as Florent (very smooth mover), Spargo (ineligible till next year), Lyons, Goy Lok (looked to have strength and good skills)...

Good game.

I didn't realise that Marshall was a 198cm off-spinner. This fact alone should see him tumble down the draft order.
images

SPS could slide to us at pick 9. He is only small but can kick well on both feet and is evasive and agile. Would add class to our midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back