2016 Pre-Trade Phantom

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
With trade period just days away and the draft combine beginning, I thought I'd throw up a two-round phantom with the way I see things possibly panning out - bids included based on current picks. I'll revise this at end of trade/FA period.

I've tried to keep team needs in mind as well as the likeliness of bids coming and being subsequently matched. Happy to hear feedback.
pre-trade phantom R1.PNG
pre-trade phantom R2.PNG

Last edited:

Ha, no worries. You could also include all the second round picks instead of stopping at Geelong, I would like to see who you have going to us in the second.
Thought I'd cap it at the 2nd round. Might try a full phantom once we know the final order and have had the combine, but don't know enough about it at this stage to confidently suggest past that range. Reckon Cats could pull out something interesting, so who knows. Another Stephen Wells special perhaps?

Thought I'd cap it at the 2nd round. Might try a full phantom once we know the final order and have had the combine, but don't know enough about it at this stage to confidently suggest past that range. Reckon Cats could pull out something interesting, so who knows. Another Stephen Wells special perhaps?
You've capped it early in the second round though - second round doesn't stop at pick 36, it stops at the premiership winner's second pick (or whoever has it if they traded). Since priority picks, compensation pick, and new academy rules, the size of the rounds changes every year.

You've capped it early in the second round though - second round doesn't stop at pick 36, it stops at the premiership winner's second pick (or whoever has it if they traded). Since priority picks, compensation pick, and new academy rules, the size of the rounds changes every year.
Ahh I see - still a bit new to this caper given so many likely bids for A/S and F/S players. So you're saying it'd finish at 38 should it pan out this way? Next rung would have these guys in there:

Cedric Cox, Macraedie (GWS A/S), Sam Walker, Jonty Scharenberg, Zac Fisher, Callan Wellings, Myles Poholke and Ryan Garthwaite.

Take your pick!

Ahh I see - still a bit new to this caper given so many likely bids for A/S and F/S players. So you're saying it'd finish at 38 should it pan out this way? Next rung would have these guys in there:

Cedric Cox, Macraedie (GWS A/S), Sam Walker, Jonty Scharenberg, Zac Fisher, Callan Wellings, Myles Poholke and Ryan Garthwaite.

Take your pick!
Yep, it'd stop at 38.

Coin flip between Cox and Fisher. Probably Cox by a nose.

Will be annoyed if Bowes gets bid on that high - if he were in the open draft I would doubt he would get taken that early.
Do you not see Brad Scheer getting bid on in the second round?

Will be annoyed if Bowes gets bid on that high - if he were in the open draft I would doubt he would get taken that early.
Do you not see Brad Scheer getting bid on in the second round?
I see Bowes rated among top three picks and if was open draft, Lions a certainty to take him there being QLDer. Scheer should get bid on in there as well. Bit of a lottery at this point.

If you want to slot Brisbane's priority pick in to 19 you can just select Alex Witherden there, and then with our pick 21 (formerly pick 20 - moved back one slot by the PP) you can select Dylan Clarke.

With trade period just days away and the draft combine beginning, I thought I'd throw up a two-round phantom with the way I see things possibly panning out - bids included based on current picks. I'll revise this at end of trade/FA period.

I've tried to keep team needs in mind as well as the likeliness of bids coming and being subsequently matched. Happy to hear feedback.
View attachment 296938
View attachment 296939

All talk is on GWS not matching Mutch inside the top 30 what makes you think they will?... also be suprised if Richmond take Ainsworth with Taranto and Scrimshaw there (fit Rich needs more in my view)... Also think you mean Jake Waterman not Alex

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 296938
View attachment 296939
WA lads grouped as sections 13 thru 18 inclusive ? Seems a bit clumsy or did this really just happen by chance .

Far too high for me having seen much of them

Hoping that Waterman won't cost us a pick quite that high. I can see us picking up SPP with our first pick, not sure he's worth it but we seem keen.
Did you see the under 18s allstars? pretty bullocking and demanding

Did you see the under 18s allstars? pretty bullocking and demanding
Oh definitely I love that about him, it's mainly his footskills that concern me. I feel he is more of a late first round pick/early second rounder but I suppose he's worth the pick on potential if we go down that path.

SPP equal second in clean hands drill , 3rd agility , top ten.

Won't mean much for him and other Academy lads whose test records are used much by clubs.

Bit more to his game than muscle and grunt.

Almost all done for these lads at Combine , long wait until end November for them .

Ten (I think) of the expected high draftees invited to Sydney function balance watching TV Friday not knowing where they are living in 2 days time . The expectation is to be on the plane (if necessary) Sunday .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back