2016 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way of course he needs time and will be excellent in a few years, but seems like heaps of people thought he would burst out the blocks. Giving him a set position might help.

Looking at this thread, Trac has actually been a bit of a let down compared to expectation. I dont personally think he'll become a really good player until he fixes his disposal, especially by foot. In games like yesterday, he's big but not much else
Im not sure how he could have been a let down, more of people on here having unrealistic expe tations of him.

Kid misses 12 months of footy with a knee reco, then has a limited pre season because of a broken toe. Now he is a disappointment after only breaking into the team in round 6 as he probably wont win the rising star.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Im not sure how he could have been a let down, more of people on here having unrealistic expe tations of him.

Kid misses 12 months of footy with a knee reco, then has a limited pre season because of a broken toe. Now he is a disappointment after only breaking into the team in round 6 as he probably wont win the rising star.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Knee reco is usually a 2 year injury, 1 year to get back to footy, and another year to build confidence. In Trac's case, he's also had to contend with it being his debut season. I've seen more than enough to know he's going to be a gun. Needs to work on his set shots, but his kicking in general play I'm pretty sure is him just rushing himself, once he's more comfortable with another 20-40 games under his belt, won't be an issue.

Premiers: Fremantle
Norm Smith: Mundy
Minor Premiers: Fremantle
Coleman: J Riewoldt
Brownlow: Dangerfield
Rising Star: Christian Petracca
Demon Wins: 10
Dee's Ladder Position: 11th
Best and Fairest: N Jones
Your outrageous claim for 2016 (Melbourne related): Kent pushes for AA
Your outrageous claim for 2016 (non-Melbourne related): Tigers make a prelim

Most of that was off the mark, but Danger brownlow and our wins/ladder position are most likely to be on the mark this week (Port beat GC and we lose to Geelong, putting us 11th).

Looking at this thread, Trac has actually been a bit of a let down compared to expectation. I dont personally think he'll become a really good player until he fixes his disposal, especially by foot. In games like yesterday, he's big but not much else

He has come off a serious knee injury and is still a kid, he has shown plenty. I'd say kicking has been his only poor part of his game, and even then his field kicking has been brilliant sometimes and average at others. His set shots though I completely agree, they are very poor. He doesn't even look like getting close to kicking a goal with them ATM.

His disposal counts and game involvement haven't been helped by the fact he has spent a lot of time forward. I doubt our coaching staff will do it, but if they want to be inventive, tell Trac this week he is following Danger around for the whole game. He is the same type of player and will learn a lot playing on him.

Premiers: Sydney
Norm Smith: Luke Parker
Minor Premiers: West Coast
Coleman: Josh Kennedy
Brownlow: Patrick Dangerfield
Rising Star: Callum Mills
Demon Wins: 11
Dee's Ladder Position: 9th
Best and Fairest: Jack Viney
My outrageous claim for 2016 (Melbourne related): Jack Viney to poll 15 Brownlow Votes
My outrageous claim for 2016 (non-melbourne related): Bulldogs to miss the 8

I'm tracking not too badly. :eek:

Thing about Trac is he has shown alot of agility and confidence on his knees for a bloke a year after an ACL
To me he has looked extremely tired for a while now I'm not sure why he wasn't rested at some point during the season
He still takes some strong over head marks and kicks some bullet passes

What? Yesterday was a one off, Petracca has been elite with the ball this year. He just needs to learn to be more arrogant and selfish. Gives off the ball to teammates when he doesn't need to.

Premiers: Hawthorn
Norm Smith: Jarryd Roughead
Minor Premiers: Hawthorn
Coleman: Josh Kennedy (WC)
Brownlow: Nate Fyfe
Rising Star: Jacob Weitering
Dee's Ladder Position: 11th
Best and Fairest: Jack mf Viney
Your outrageous claim for 2016 (Melbourne related): Hogan to re-sign before the end of the year
Your outrageous claim for 2016 (non-melbourne related): Power to implode and miss finals again (oh, probably not outrageous enough)
My unfortunate claim for 2016: Dawes to reclaim CHF for the middle part of the season in a final experiment before seeing out the season in the medical room or at Casey
I'm clearly pretty poor at this prognostication thing. The occasional hit, but nothing that you couldn't chalk up to random dart throwing vs actual insight.

I know my team gud.

10 wins, 10th on the ladder, Maxy to win the B&F. :thumbsu:

Petracca the only one to let me down for the RS, nek minnut kicks 8 goals against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone posted on the main board a list of stats of all the players eligable for the rising star this year. Petracca was the stand out player, he's an absolute gem

Cool

Premiers: Sydney
Norm Smith: Franklin
Minor Premiers: West Coast
Coleman: Hogan
Brownlow: Dangerfield. No, stuff that. Fyfe
Rising Star: Milera
Team that will come 9th on the ladder: Richmond
Demon ladder position: 12th
Demons B&F: Watts (Killer, mega, blossom etc)
Outrageous Melbourne related claim: Jack Watts to kick 39 goals in 2016
Outrageous non Melbourne claim: GWS finish ahead of Hawthorn

BTW: I'm not sure how if Jesse gets the Coleman plus Watts kicks 39 we manage only 10 wins unless we sort of staple Garlett to the ground or other teams just kick massive numbers. I went with instincts though. I think 2016 will be weird.

Edit: given the general theme of my prediction, I would like please to remove Milera and insert Oliver. Thank you for your patience
I was spot on @ headless

And who could blame you?

This is like your time capsule, schmuttt. What a read.

Premiers: Dogs
Norm Smith: Jason Johannisen
Minor Premiers: Sydney
Coleman: Josh Kennedy
Brownlow: Patrick Dangerfield
Rising Star: Callum Mills
Team that will come 9th on the ladder: St Kilda
Demon ladder position: 11th
Demons B&F: Jack Viney
Outrageous Melbourne related claim: Paul Roos suffers his worst coaching loss ever in his final game.
Outrageous non Melbourne claim: Dogs win the flag from 7th.

Scythe94 feel free to lock the thread whenever mate.

:$
Turns out he became alright while still be a bit an miss kick

Premiers: Melbourne
Norm Smith: Jack Viney
Minor Premiers: Melbourne
Coleman: Jesse Hogan
Brownlow: Max Gawn
Rising Star: CP
Demon Wins: 22
Dee's Ladder Position: 1st
Best and Fairest: Max Gawn
Your outrageous claim for 2016 (Melbourne related): Finally we will have nothing for the bastards to winge about
Your outrageous claim for 2016 (non-melbourne related): Money makes AFL football go around, Money equalises football and not a draft, you cant "nail" a draft without investing large sums of money into your whole Football Department ie Recruting & Development. Drafting department will become defunct infavour of large investments inside your Trading department.
My unfortunate claim for 2016: Paul Roos will leave us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back