Play Nice 2016 Presidential Election Part 4 - President-Elect Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah they are the dudes trying to push neo-liberal policies while pursuing identity politics to destabilise capitalism.

Did I get it right?
You always get things messed up.

Lefties pursue identity politics with heart felt sincerity. We all have great admiration for this heart felt caring for all the oppressed thru out all past and future timelines. Unfortunately, powerful wealthy people aren't really into sincerely caring about anyone but themselves. The only thing which would scare them is a united populace with a coherent set of demands which might actually threaten their power and wealth.

So the neo-liberal conservatives - are surprisingly very cunning and conniving. They egg on lefties and their identity obsession because it divides the electorate and prevents any coherent opposition which might threaten the existing economic way of things. See the neo-liberal oligarchy knows it is much much much less expensive to help promote some minority cause then it is to give the entire population a fairer share of the countries wealth.

Now this is precisely the kind of thing that never occurs to a lefty today because any understanding of economics would contaminate their pure love for the oppressed. It is therefore very difficult for todays left. There are some unkind critics who even think that Lefties are in fact afraid that if the public were able to unite and pressure the oligarchy to move towards the kind of wealth distribution we had back in the 1970s that the left would not have any further purpose. That therefore the left deliberately prevents any kind of move towards greater equality.

I of course believe the left is way to stupid for this kind of deceit. What do you think?

'Hollywood' has told me many stories, both entertaining and informative. TV has told me many, many, many stories, both entertaining and informative. Your reductive statements about what 'TV' is or 'hollywood' is, smack of the same thing you are trying to criticise TV for - simplicity. And the same thing many others criticise TV for - sensationalism.

You learn more from doing than being told.

Thanks for proving my point though, that thoughtless morons eat up what they see and hear.

Lol "told". I rest my case...

'Hollywood' has told me many stories, both entertaining and informative. TV has told me many, many, many stories, both entertaining and informative. Your reductive statements about what 'TV' is or 'hollywood' is, smack of the same thing you are trying to criticise TV for - simplicity. And the same thing many others criticise TV for - sensationalism.

It's not about regular people. Or even the US bible belt (they apparently didn't care about Trump having multiple wives). It's about trying to work out what Trump would think about the Russians having that material on him. Would it work to make him more pliant? Trump did seem to have an odd love for Putin, when the Republicans were generally more anti-Russian than the Democrats (even if just because they thought it made them look tough to 'shirtfront' him). Trump obviously wasn't too worried about stuff he'd said on the set of the Apprentice, or else he knew Mark Burnett would protect that footage because they both made money off the project and money seems to be a bit motivator for Trumpy.

I do think there was a massive Russian influence in the election, and I think there is a decent chance there's something dodgy about it. It's not just another Brexit. Trump had so many things about him that should've crushed his campaign (e.g. the fact he casually lied; the fact he went against policies that 'the right' had considered gospel; the fact he couldn't explain his policies, etc.), but somehow he won. Partially it was about how the far left and youth echoed the same talking points the alt-right said, but there are clear undenied links between Trump and Russia.

As I've said before, Putin gets suspiciously good poll results in Russia considering the country aint doing that well. So maybe Trump was just happy to get as much of that as possible. And of course there's always the chance Trump didn't know until now that the Russians had stuff on him. And the chance that, like 'good informants' generally do, good intelligence was mixed in with bad in order to get duel benefits. Putin is all about undermining the democratic powers in the world, because they are generally aligned against his despotic approach.

If any of this story is true I think it's incredibly unlikely that Donald Trump was turned as a FSB operative by a video of him watching a couple of prostitutes pissing on themselves. More likely that Trump and his team were buttered up by the Russian state for business and the tape was backup. The game is changes to the US led sanctions against the Russian state, Russian oligarchs and most importantly bans on US firms doing business with Russian counterparts.

You'll have to explain your point about the far-left and the alt-right.

Mainstream media loved Trump. He attracted them record ratings and probably very high advertising revenues.

The primary bias of mainstream corporate media is the desire to accumulate profit.
Yes during the Primaries they did. But they never believed he could win the Presidency. They spent all their time outraged at his candidacy during the general election. You have been circulating this half truth for some time now and have come to believe it but it does not bear scrutiny except in some kind of info wars conspiracy kind of way - the worst thing is that your smart enough to know this but still persist with posturing with the nonsense.

you mocked rats for considering the apprentice a hollywood production. The Apprentice was made by United Artists, a division of MGM studios, only one of the most famous hollywood studios in history - MGM is as hollywood as it gets

I'm perplexed. When?

Ah yes, the grand conspiracy that ratings mean profit and profit drives commercial news.

It's not about regular people. Or even the US bible belt (they apparently didn't care about Trump having multiple wives). It's about trying to work out what Trump would think about the Russians having that material on him. Would it work to make him more pliant? Trump did seem to have an odd love for Putin, when the Republicans were generally more anti-Russian than the Democrats (even if just because they thought it made them look tough to 'shirtfront' him). Trump obviously wasn't too worried about stuff he'd said on the set of the Apprentice, or else he knew Mark Burnett would protect that footage because they both made money off the project and money seems to be a bit motivator for Trumpy.

I do think there was a massive Russian influence in the election, and I think there is a decent chance there's something dodgy about it. It's not just another Brexit. Trump had so many things about him that should've crushed his campaign (e.g. the fact he casually lied; the fact he went against policies that 'the right' had considered gospel; the fact he couldn't explain his policies, etc.), but somehow he won. Partially it was about how the far left and youth echoed the same talking points the alt-right said, but there are clear undenied links between Trump and Russia.

As I've said before, Putin gets suspiciously good poll results in Russia considering the country aint doing that well. So maybe Trump was just happy to get as much of that as possible. And of course there's always the chance Trump didn't know until now that the Russians had stuff on him. And the chance that, like 'good informants' generally do, good intelligence was mixed in with bad in order to get duel benefits. Putin is all about undermining the democratic powers in the world, because they are generally aligned against his despotic approach.
Us influence has gone astray and they have advocated for chaos by their destabilising actions, accelerating in their destructiveness, and malignancy. Russia's influence and leadership is only possible due to very poor decisions and strategy in the past 15 years by the same intelligence agencies who are smearing Trump. (Trump needs a good smearing though ,lol)

Yes during the Primaries they did. But they never believed he could win the Presidency. They spent all their time outraged at his candidacy during the general election. You have been circulating this half truth for some time now and have come to believe it but it does not bear scrutiny except in some kind of info wars conspiracy kind of way - the worst thing is that your smart enough to know this but still persist with posturing with the nonsense.
Are you saying the profit motive is a conspiracy?

You'll have to explain your point about the far-left and the alt-right.
That part is simply to do with the fact that even if the Russians were using the internet to shotgun constant spin wherever they could see it getting even the smallest bit of traction, there were still plenty of people on the far-left more than happy to spread the idea that Clinton was "as bad" as Trump (while not spending even 10% as much time talking about Trump), and somehow the same as Bush and worse than Bush, etc. etc. And of course the alt-right spread a lot of the Russian stories and talking points like wildfire. "Useful idiots" I believe is the Russian term. Suddenly the right wasn't about tax cuts to the rich, but about how the elite were running everything for their own benefit - which stupidly was answered by voting for Trump, who was giving tax cuts to the rich...
Us influence has gone astray and they have advocated for chaos by their destabilising actions, accelerating in their destructiveness, and malignancy. Russia's influence and leadership is only possible due to very poor decisions and strategy in the past 15 years by the same intelligence agencies who are smearing Trump. (Trump needs a good smearing though ,lol)
Russia doesn't have leadership. That is why it is trying to 'influence' instead. Putin is all about making Russia great again, but he can only do that by bringing the west down. He doesn't know how to actually improve Russia. Of course that sounds a bit like Trump's campaign too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump in meltdown mode right now. :D

maxresdefault.jpg

That part is simply to do with the fact that even if the Russians were using the internet to shotgun constant spin wherever they could see it getting even the smallest bit of traction, there were still plenty of people on the far-left more than happy to spread the idea that Clinton was "as bad" as Trump (while not spending even 10% as much time talking about Trump), and somehow the same as Bush and worse than Bush, etc. etc. And of course the alt-right spread a lot of the Russian stories and talking points like wildfire. "Useful idiots" I believe is the Russian term. Suddenly the right wasn't about tax cuts to the rich, but about how the elite were running everything for their own benefit - which stupidly was answered by voting for Trump, who was giving tax cuts to the rich...

Russia doesn't have leadership. That is why it is trying to 'influence' instead. Putin is all about making Russia great again, but he can only do that by bringing the west down. He doesn't know how to actually improve Russia. Of course that sounds a bit like Trump's campaign too.

I'm sorry but there we diverge. I don't know of anyone saying that Trump and Clinton had the same economic platform in the independent left media - in fact even the Nation held their nose and went full court press for Hillary near the end - but sure in foreign policy the comparison was made between Bush Jnr post 9/11 and Hillary, correctly. They have the exact same philosophy on foreign policy and they surround themselves with the same people or people who were tutored by those same people. They or if you would prefer their team, both believe in very active military interventionism.

Trump will be beholden to his people though, if his presidency is an epic fail, the blowback from that will be huge. There will be a huge opportunity once again for someone to offer change. He's got to pound Isis, and provide video evidence, hopefully drop all support for Syrian rebels , aka al Qaeda, somehow getmanufacturing jobs back, and build other industry, prosecute Hillary, build a wall, or else....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back