2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's right. 2015 has been run and won, Kedron took the flag and the Woodsmen finished runners up. Means nothing now with 2016 ahead of us. Probably a few weeks away yet from really kicking into gear for clubs in this division, but any pre season rumours floating around will be of interest to many. Looking forward to another good year of Friday night footy !!

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's right. 2015 has been run and won, Kedron took the flag and the Woodsmen finished runners up. Means nothing now with 2016 ahead of us. Probably a few weeks away yet from really kicking into gear for clubs in this division, but any pre season rumours floating around will be of interest to many. Looking forward to another good year of Friday night footy !!

Think there might be at least one club in QAFA A struggling that may end up playing Friday night footy

Macman70

Senior List
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wynnum Vikings
Did this "QAFA A Club" play in the QAFA B in the 2014 season?

Nice try Sherrin, but Vikings are doing okay thanks. Looking forward to the start of the season.
Good luck everyone! Is there a draw out for this comp yet??

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can't do a draw until they know who's in the comp.

My mail is that there are a handful of clubs potentially droppinf out of QAFA A due to numbers, also some new entrants and 3rd sides and the QAFA B North comp is disbanded so they are trying to find a way to merge them back into this comp without upsetting the applecart.

I know Nambour wouldn't be a popular trip, but certainly heard good stories through the grapevine about Bribie bus trips!

The Fal

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Ferny Grove are training already. Wilston Grange sorted them out with a few players this season. I'd expect them to improve on last season, but probably mid table at best would be an honest prediction. Good luck to all teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullsy17

Debutant
Apr 29, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't do a draw until they know who's in the comp.

My mail is that there are a handful of clubs potentially droppinf out of QAFA A due to numbers, also some new entrants and 3rd sides and the QAFA B North comp is disbanded so they are trying to find a way to merge them back into this comp without upsetting the applecart.

I know Nambour wouldn't be a popular trip, but certainly heard good stories through the grapevine about Bribie bus trips!

Which clubs could be dropping out of A?

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
exactly, mullsy17! exactly. which clubs?

guys this is a big footy forum, not a court of law. when pushing around rumours, can we please name the clubs concerned? that makes it more fun for everyone! and if you're wrong i'm sure someone will correct you, ha ha.

lucky ducky

Senior List
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

guys this is a big footy forum, not a court of law. when pushing around rumours, can we please name the clubs concerned? that makes it more fun for everyone! and if you're wrong i'm sure someone will correct you, ha ha.
I heard on the grapevine that the Buffs, Vikings and maybe the Eagles, i heard that the cats have been approaching as many players as they can get hold of from their across town rivals, i hope the put in a request to interview or they could be in trouble also with the cats appointing the Eagles assistant from last season in some role im sure he will be a big plus NOT, This guys is a loose cannon and the Eagles were bombarded with complaints about him last year from all opposition and members of the crowd from my understanding not many players got on well him either so he maybe a good pick up for the cats haha

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

From what I understand the Chooks and Eagles are struggling with numbers. I know we have picked up 5 or 6 from Moorooka along with Buffs and Robina getting a few.

That is what I know Fairbump, which is from reliable insiders at both clubs.

Macman70

Senior List
May 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wynnum Vikings
Well the Div A draw is all finalised and out now so would be difficult to drop down at this point. Can tell you that the Vikings have no intention of dropping back. Sure we would like some more numbers at training but do not think we are in that bad a situation. But I will keep you all posted as i learn more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
'permission to interview' is laughable.

We've had players cold called on facebook by strangers. Bizarre.

Any thought on naming the clubs involved Thommo?

And in breaking news word on the gaprevine is the Woodies commence training tonight? That'd have to be the earliest in club history surely!

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thommo you going around again big fella?

Looks like it mate. Went for a little trot yesterday to test the ankle and so far so good.

Not keen on anymore serious injuries at my age though!

King 05 - lets just say a club a long way from Sherwood had the strange belief they could lure a player to their club who has been playing at Chelmer for about 25 years to play 3rds...

Comedy gold.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not aware of players of any age being keen on serious injury Thommo - but good luck with it! I guess the timing was good, you only missed just the one game...

Can't clubs be fined for approaching players like that?

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would happily miss 10 to play the one I missed!

As for getting a club fined, i think all is fair in love and war - i find it highly amusing more than anything. Inclandestine recruiting in this division is just stupid, if you really want decent players you would be better setved chasing old blokes retiring from higher divisions who haven't considered fri night footy

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep, I was joking obviously. Missing a GF is never fun, but getting injured in a winning PRelim has to be one of the worst things you can experience in footy.

I suppose at least the boys lost, so you didn't really miss out on anything... (though maybe if you didn't get injured...!)

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Yep, I was joking obviously. Missing a GF is never fun, but getting injured in a winning PRelim has to be one of the worst things you can experience in footy.
been playing for a long time, in some terrible teams and good, and nothing has even come close - can't think (outside of serious injury/death) what else you could include to make it only "one of the worst" things you can experience

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maybe getting suspended would be worse, as you are able bodied and still not able to play.

But yeah, maybe its pretty much as bad as it gets!

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Maybe getting suspended would be worse, as you are able bodied and still not able to play.

But yeah, maybe its pretty much as bad as it gets!
that's true. almost had that happen too - got reported for "arguing an umpires decision" in a qualifying final (which we won, with auto GF qualification) and offered a week - thankfully the tribunal pretty much laughed it out of the room after the ump came in and gave his "evidence"

but yeah, neither are any fun at all; but given i'm probably still not really over the injury one that happened 18 months ago i can't imagine anything worse in a purely footy context (i.e. removing death/serious injury that has a serious outside life impact)

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lets be honest though, it feels better mentally if your team loses the Gf you miss. Even if you obviously and very geneuinely wanted them to win, you get the cold satisfaction (for lack of a better word) that you didn't miss a premiership.

Of course those players who are very influential players, which in Thommo's case might be true for last year, would feel that had they played, their team may have even won - so their injury not only cost them individually, but also their teammates - making it even worse!

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wow what a lot of crap. Missing a GF because of injury is bad enough but hoping your team fails so you feel better about it is just bullshit. Any team member wants the best for his mates thats why they got there.
I really hope you said this in jest or you should never be involved in a team sport ever again.
You have obviously never lost a GF or you would know better than to post that crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back