2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gives a crap about the draw, it is what it is. I think the point Thomo42 was trying to make in his first post was that Woodsmen have have beaten Sandgate and UQ and lost by 20 points or less to Zillmere, Jimboomba the first time and UQ second time around and those games could have gone either way so he believes that his woodsmen are still a chance of winning it in response to Sixsense's post about it being a 3 horse race between Zillmere, Sandgate and UQ..

Correct.

We've lost 4 games by less than 15 points, and 3 by less than a kick. In my opinion, they are all reversable results!

Saturday was the only time we've lost by more than 20 and while i didnt see the game, i know i was still making calls at midday trying to arrange a team so i was pleasantly surprised to get a text saying we were within 10 points late in the 3rd.

As i said, i reckon 5 teams all have perfectly legitimate claims and would quite rightly think they're a chance to win it. We certainly do.

Talks turning to crap on here

New Facebook page "AFL QLD footy rumours" seems to be better these days

With no anonymity ?? I find that hard to believe. Especially with the hollow threats thrown around here in relation to AFLQ's social media policy !!

No idea who runs the page Pea Nut. don't really know if there's much truth to any of the rumours either. Good for a laugh though

Reading most comments no one thinks Sandgate can win the flag which I think is madness, beaten Zillmere twice, UQ and Jimboomba. If they beat UQ this week they have to be favourites. I really don't think u can right off the Woodies yet either. No one thought they would make the GF last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading most comments no one thinks Sandgate can win the flag which I think is madness, beaten Zillmere twice, UQ and Jimboomba. If they beat UQ this week they have to be favourites. I really don't think u can right off the Woodies yet either. No one thought they would make the GF last year.

the question was who will finish top two, I assumed the question was referring to the ladder ...

the question was who will finish top two, I assumed the question was referring to the ladder ...
Yeah I was mate, just carrying the conversation on from past comments I've seen. No idea why woodies and Sandgate get no mention of winning it.

I played against Sandgate 2s a few weeks back to help out the Magpies when they were short.

I can't remember who said it, but there was a claim here by someone that their 3s would beat their 2s and someone said they were kidding themselves.

Having played both, i can assure you that all of the top 5 in this comp would easily beat Sandgate QAFL 2s.

What is the story with having a 3s better than the 2s? I can understand some good players playing 3s due to other committments etc, but their 2s were horrendous and had at least 3 blokes that would be pushing 50.

I played against Sandgate 2s a few weeks back to help out the Magpies when they were short.

I can't remember who said it, but there was a claim here by someone that their 3s would beat their 2s and someone said they were kidding themselves.

Having played both, i can assure you that all of the top 5 in this comp would easily beat Sandgate QAFL 2s.

What is the story with having a 3s better than the 2s? I can understand some good players playing 3s due to other committments etc, but their 2s were horrendous and had at least 3 blokes that would be pushing 50.
I think a lot of the players have gone there to play for the coach, obvious reasons they don't play Saturday work family ect. I don't think the 3s have anything to do with the senior set up. Talking with a Sandgate 3rds player a few weeks back he mentioned none of there players want to play with them fot a variety of reasons. But I agree top 5 would beat there 2s.

Would have to say you fancy the sandgate boys highly, most of your posts have been about them. Sandgate always play good football throughout the year and fall over in finals. Perhaps with more pressure they struggle?

Would have to say you fancy the sandgate boys highly, most of your posts have been about them. Sandgate always play good football throughout the year and fall over in finals. Perhaps with more pressure they struggle?
Ha ha I know a few of there players and been to a few games, I am a Mt Gravatt lad. Enjoy the Friday night games. I've also said any of the top 5 could take it out.

Not to put it down to one blokes and no disrespect to any of the others but if Widt kicks a bag Sandgate come away with the biscuits. If he has an off game or is contained and Suitor can't get on the end of a few I think they struggle abit. If those blokes play good footy come the right time you can't right them off.

Woodies still very dangerous in my opinion, UQ were very impressive when we played them but didn't kick straight. If they did they would have put 200 on us. Zilmere very impressive had a few quality players out when they played us but a lethal forward line who put on 8 in the first quarter then they appeared to go into cruise control for the rest of the game. And ignoring round 1 jimboomba have looked solid all year and will be hard to beat.

There isn't much separating the Top 5 in my opinion. On any given day each team is capable of beating another. Depends on who plays well at the right time of year.

Not to put it down to one blokes and no disrespect to any of the others but if Widt kicks a bag Sandgate come away with the biscuits. If he has an off game or is contained and Suitor can't get on the end of a few I think they struggle abit. If those blokes play good footy come the right time you can't right them off.

Woodies still very dangerous in my opinion, UQ were very impressive when we played them but didn't kick straight. If they did they would have put 200 on us. Zilmere very impressive had a few quality players out when they played us but a lethal forward line who put on 8 in the first quarter then they appeared to go into cruise control for the rest of the game. And ignoring round 1 jimboomba have looked solid all year and will be hard to beat.

There isn't much separating the Top 5 in my opinion. On any given day each team is capable of beating another. Depends on who plays well at the right time of year.
I disagree with u, of past season yes Widt is the difference. Widt has been far from his best this season. Looking at the leading goal kickers, Sandgate have a 4-5 goal kickers who have kicked into the high teens in the top 20. No different to saying the same about u Major. Take u out and CP can't even kick a goal.

Woodies issue from the outsider looking in seems to be that they can't score.

you never see opposition guns kick bags against them, you never see a big score kicked against them. they just can't score themselves.

At the beginning of the year I noticed they lost a few games due to inaccuracy, but now they barely get 10 shots at goal a game.

Don't have a single guy who has even kicked 20 goals for the year, and only a handful over 10 goals. Can't win anything if you can't score. A defender would have to win their B&F though!

I disagree with u, of past season yes Widt is the difference. Widt has been far from his best this season. Looking at the leading goal kickers, Sandgate have a 4-5 goal kickers who have kicked into the high teens in the top 20. No different to saying the same about u Major. Take u out and CP can't even kick a goal.

That's a fair assumption but this year he has had to play more games against the better sides. He will still kick 50 odd for the year which isn't bad going at all.

Results this year would suggest that we do struggle to score if I don't play but at this stage we lack another player who can play full forward for us. Our CHF is in his first year of senior footy and is still learning apart from that we don't have many options to fill that role. It's something that needs to be addressed but overall our squad depth isn't as strong as it should/could be. Hence why we are a mid table team not up the top end.

That's a fair assumption but this year he has had to play more games against the better sides. He will still kick 50 odd for the year which isn't bad going at all.

Results this year would suggest that we do struggle to score if I don't play but at this stage we lack another player who can play full forward for us. Our CHF is in his first year of senior footy and is still learning apart from that we don't have many options to fill that role. It's something that needs to be addressed but overall our squad depth isn't as strong as it should/could be. Hence why we are a mid table team not up the top end.

To be fair to Widty he's almost 100 of course his goal kicking numbers aren't going to increase year on year

Redcliffe do it in the QAFA A. Stack the ressies, not so great in the seniors

are the Sandagate twos really that bad? I might get a chance to play some QAFL level football after all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back