2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great last round with Collingwood Park only expected to field half a side on Saturday who gets to knock them out in the first week will be interesting.

Looks like the sandgate vs woodsmen game will determine the first round of the finals fixture. Disappointing for collingwood park.

We are only short because one of the long time club players is having his wedding. It's not because we are being slack and not travelling. We will still get for ther a team to make the trip and have a good game of footy against our 'big brother' from down the road.

Either way first week of finals will be a tough ask for us regardless of who wins.

Falcons
UQ
Woodsmen
Siders
Zillmere
Redbacks

Final ladder:
UQ
Zillmere
Jimboomba
Sandgate
Woodsmen
Power

Wk 1:

Woodsmen defeat Sandgate
Jimboomba defeat Power

Wk 2:

Zillmere defeat UQ
Jimboomba defeat Woodsmen

Week 3:

Jimboomba defeat UQ

GF:

Zillmere Premiers

Thats my guess, though Woodies could sneak into the GF possibly.

You would think getting married on a Saturday would be a safe bet when you play in a Friday night competition.

No issue about the Saturday game for us. The jimboomba lads have helped us out by bringing the game from 2 back to 1 for us. Also a big day for their club doing a pink lady day for cancer I believe. So will be good to be apart of it.

Someone needs to say it, Jimboomba playing Saturday's is a massive joke and a huge advantage. 8 home games where they are guaranteed a win as no other club it seems can send any where near a full strength side to play Saturday. When the comp is so close at the top, it is a MASSIVE advantage.

I think you might be forgetting that jimboomba have been in this same Comp for years now! There was one year where we played some Friday night games at home the rest of the time it's all been Saturday's. Unfortunately they can't get the numbers to move up to qafa. Call it unfair if you like but it's the way it always been young fella!
do you suggest realtalks that we forfeit our right to a home game? Some teams play us twice at most during the home and away season and of that you will only have to travel out once in your very important life. Chin up darl

I think you might be forgetting that jimboomba have been in this same Comp for years now! There was one year where we played some Friday night games at home the rest of the time it's all been Saturday's. Unfortunately they can't get the numbers to move up to qafa. Call it unfair if you like but it's the way it always been young fella!
do you suggest realtalks that we forfeit our right to a home game? Some teams play us twice at most during the home and away season and of that you will only have to travel out once in your very important life. Chin up darl

So it's all good that one club gets an arm chair ride that no other clubs get, just because it's been happening for years? the club actually can play Friday nights at jimboomba though you say?

So it's all good that one club gets an arm chair ride that no other clubs get, just because it's been happening for years? the club actually can play Friday nights at jimboomba though you say?

I believe last year's undefeated premiers were a Saturday only home game team, as well as the now defunct Greater Springfield Storm, and the Cats were last year too I think.

Kedron being in this comp was also a laugh. 3 sides one year. 1 the next.. And now all of a sudden, back to 2... Them moving up again was great for the FRIDAY teams, which if you asked every player in the comp from outside, is when everyone of them signs up to play. The cats and whoever the other DEFUNCT team are are not relevant... Cats have lights now. Other side gooone.

We played reddies down there on a Friday a few years back. But then AFLQ started enforcing the rules and their lights didn't meet standards.

Same thing happened to us, so we spent a year playing at Moorooka while a grant was secured to get the lights upgraded. So yeah, we pretty much did give up the right to home games to play friday night and fit in with everyone. UQ did the same in 2015.

Kedron was very strange. In 2014 their 3rds played at night. Then in 2015 their lights were no good and they played Saturday. Miraculously, when finals came around their lights were fixed! (We played 2 finals there and you couldn't see 50m!)

I've heard jimboomba have lights now anyway, so no longer an issue.

We played reddies down there on a Friday a few years back. But then AFLQ started enforcing the rules and their lights didn't meet standards.

Same thing happened to us, so we spent a year playing at Moorooka while a grant was secured to get the lights upgraded. So yeah, we pretty much did give up the right to home games to play friday night and fit in with everyone. UQ did the same in 2015.

Kedron was very strange. In 2014 their 3rds played at night. Then in 2015 their lights were no good and they played Saturday. Miraculously, when finals came around their lights were fixed! (We played 2 finals there and you couldn't see 50m!)

I've heard jimboomba have lights now anyway, so no longer an issue.

If jimboomba's lights aren't up to standard I don't see why they can't do the same thing.. Play out of Moorooka for a year while they get upgraded. The two clubs have a good relationship I believe.

but if they are up to scratch then suck it up and play home games Friday night at jimboomba.

If they want to play Saturday's then move up to QAFA A. Otherwise play Friday nights, it is a Friday night comp after all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you took a drive down to jimmy right now you would see a massive crane sitting on our grounds fixing the light. We have had money I. The bank for a few weeks now but every time we go to fix the lights it rains and softens the surface. Therefore can't get the lights fixed. The lights are good enough to train with but no where near bright enough to play with.
No arm chair rides here. Plus jimmy have done well changing a few games of their home rounds to suit other teams. Playing Friday nights at marooka where we get no money over the bar or through the canteen. But yeah we get the "armchair ride"

If you took a drive down to jimmy right now you would see a massive crane sitting on our grounds fixing the light. We have had money I. The bank for a few weeks now but every time we go to fix the lights it rains and softens the surface. Therefore can't get the lights fixed. The lights are good enough to train with but no where near bright enough to play with.
No arm chair rides here. Plus jimmy have done well changing a few games of their home rounds to suit other teams. Playing Friday nights at marooka where we get no money over the bar or through the canteen. But yeah we get the "armchair ride"

Would throw some support behind jimboomba here. As much as the Saturday game might be a drama for some teams it probably benefits some aswell. Getting out to jimboomba from Zillmere or Sandgate for a Friday night game at 7 would be a big ask for certain players at those clubs. Aswell as the fact they are usually pretty good with being flexible via changing venues or times if it doesn't work with other teams.

Myself personally I would rather spend an arvo playing footy than a night game with rubbish lights like some venues have.

There are no less than 8 other competitions that will provide for you to play footy on a Saturday arvo. I can totally understand the frustration with teams that put a side together to play Friday night football (or just night football) - only to get games scheduled on Saturdays.

I wasn't aware that UQ and the Woodsmen had both given up their home grounds specifically for this purpose in previous seasons, which makes it all the more surprising that Jimboomba (and previously Kedron) are/were permitted to continue with Saturday football in a competition built around Friday night competition.

As for being flexible with changing venue to suit opposition requests, I suspect they only agree when they are playing a team they are certain they will beat. I'm sure if Zillmere or Woodsmen rang them asking for the game to be moved to Friday night, they would get a pretty firm 'no thanks' !

Sounds like its getting sorted anyway, so the 'free hit' they get at home against under strength teams every year might subside.

Why is it every time I read posts about 'jimmy", I think its someone takling in the 3rd person??

"Yeah, Jimmy's getting lights.... "

hang on............ there a crane sitting on our grounds fixing the light? The LIGHT?

You're not going to get approval to play Friday night games with only one light. You'll need at least 6 I think. Has that information not reached that far south yet?

And this site could do with a spell check IMO. ;)

There are no less than 8 other competitions that will provide for you to play footy on a Saturday arvo. I can totally understand the frustration with teams that put a side together to play Friday night football (or just night football) - only to get games scheduled on Saturdays.

I wasn't aware that UQ and the Woodsmen had both given up their home grounds specifically for this purpose in previous seasons, which makes it all the more surprising that Jimboomba (and previously Kedron) are/were permitted to continue with Saturday football in a competition built around Friday night competition.

As for being flexible with changing venue to suit opposition requests, I suspect they only agree when they are playing a team they are certain they will beat. I'm sure if Zillmere or Woodsmen rang them asking for the game to be moved to Friday night, they would get a pretty firm 'no thanks' !

Sounds like its getting sorted anyway, so the 'free hit' they get at home against under strength teams every year might subside.

I think it would be far worse if a team nominated to play in this comp and then forfeited a couple of times due to not really being bothered.

I think it would be far worse if a team nominated to play in this comp and then forfeited a couple of times due to not really being bothered.

Agree, I'm embarassed by it. I'm not a player though, only an onlooker.

But I am open about being from Morningside, yes.

Ouch, someone get Doddsy some aloe vera for the burn.

I wouldn't worry about it too much though Doddsy, we all know there is one set of rules for the Siders and one set for everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back