2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
yewwwww. can anyone stop timmy martin??

Get him against a team of decent defenders in a higher grade and it won't be as easy, Yes he tears it up in the Friday night game. But a player of his quality should be doing that in the QAFA B comp. 70+ goals is a fair effort by any means though

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Where does he play most of his game these days? Through the middle or up foward. He is very good at sniping sometimes but plays a very good and quarterback roll.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
No. He had a head clash with a young kid on our team that goes as hard as anyone, but wouldn't hurt a fly.

He had to be driven home due to concussion himself, and sat out the rest of the game.

Well played by Jimboomba, their gamelan is impressive but not the reason we were beaten. They just worked harder earlier and unfortunately we just didn't come to play and weren't prepared to give the required effort, which was dissapointing. That, or we had nothing left to give after a long season.

Hopefully the latter!

Redbacks slotting goals from everywhere didn't help, never been on the end of such accurate kicking! Just ruthless finishing when inside 50.

They might find it tough next week though after razors injury and crackers Dillon popping a hammy. Looked like they had nobody left on the bench in the last (either did we)

Well done to young Guisey, who probably had 50 touches and completely torched us.

the egg

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dillon out could be a massive blow.

Jimboomba could find things very difficult this coming Friday without their best midfielder lacing out Martin, and possibly Razor. With UQ beating them soundly last time around you could have UQ as slight favourites. Let's hope both sides have a full list to select from and we see a cracking prelim :thumbsupemoji:

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Although is wasn't at the game it seemed that the first quarter was the real difference. Makes it very difficult when you have to chase down a score from the start.
I was sure you bloke's wouldn't do that again.
Oh well nothing left in this comp for me anymore. Just cannot bring myself to support zillmere. It's a long history there. Uq has no interest to me.
Jimboomba are the collingwood of qfab. Nobody but thier own supporter's can bring themselves to back them.
Good luck to the teams left standing.

Blocker Roach

All Australian
Mar 14, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Although is wasn't at the game it seemed that the first quarter was the real difference. Makes it very difficult when you have to chase down a score from the start.
I was sure you bloke's wouldn't do that again.
Oh well nothing left in this comp for me anymore. Just cannot bring myself to support zillmere. It's a long history there. Uq has no interest to me.
Jimboomba are the collingwood of qfab. Nobody but thier own supporter's can bring themselves to back them.
Good luck to the teams left standing.

Ventured out Friday night to watch Redbacks and was super impressed at their clean ball use early and accurate scoreboard pressure as Thommo alluded to, game was really iced in first 20 minutes.

Think the injuries and long delay took the sting out of the Redbacks momentum otherwise scoreboard could have been a lot worse.

Game was played in great spirit and hopefully Redbacks can regroup and continue on next week.

We love the Us against them mentality Outandabout down in this region as Pirates cop the same thing in QAFA A . Good luck to Redbacks and the other sides remaining hopefully everyone gets a good clean crack at the title.

Footy Observer

Draftee
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Just got back from watching a great game of footy between Zillmere and UQ. Have to say the winner of the comp will be between those two sides, by far the best footy of the year. A bit of fire in it by both sides with a UQ player getting sent off in the last qtr. Was Was very disappointed by Dickfoss at the end if the game, didn't shake anyone's hand, simply stood at the sideline and then walked off.

Agree fully on the game, it was an absolute cracker. By a country mile the best I have seen at this level this year. Both sides just seemed to play manic stuff all night but it was still skillful as well. Only 4 points in it at half time with UQ having the better of play in the first quarter but seemed to think kicking points to keep it in their forward half was a good tactic. Zillmere had the better of play after that and deserved their win, just had a bit too many guns when it mattered. If UQ play like that again I would think these 2 will contest the GF with Zillmere favourites. Jimboomba have their chance though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ventured out Friday night to watch Redbacks and was super impressed at their clean ball use early and accurate scoreboard pressure as Thommo alluded to, game was really iced in first 20 minutes.

Think the injuries and long delay took the sting out of the Redbacks momentum otherwise scoreboard could have been a lot worse.

Game was played in great spirit and hopefully Redbacks can regroup and continue on next week.

We love the Us against them mentality Outandabout down in this region as Pirates cop the same thing in QAFA A . Good luck to Redbacks and the other sides remaining hopefully everyone gets a good clean crack at the title.
Yep you need to start well in finals and it's as simple as that. I don't go in for the us against them theme.
I'm more of a two types of people in Brisbane person. Those who live on the north side and the rest want too.
Im unable to wish the pirate's best of luck as thier playing kedron.
So I suppose I'll have to tip UQ.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How bad is Dillon's hammy? Season done or still a chance? Two weeks isn't long to get even a strain right..

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ventured out to Collingwood Park on Friday night, and the Redbacks midfield put on a clinic.

The game was won at the centre bounce, with Rooks literally winning every single tap available. Woodsmen seemed to try and play defensive at ground level, but then once the stoppage was over - none of their midfield manned up on their opponents and they just constantly ran free through the centre of the ground, and the Redbacks weren't afraid to use them. Woodies on the other hand were good in broken play and won their fair share of the footy, but moved it too slow and too wide - the forwards must have been tearing their hair out. Dillon and Guise were dominant, and Tomlinson was excellent when he went into the middle also.

Agree with Thommo above though, too many Woodsmen players were too reactive and simply weren't running as hard as their direct opponent. The Redbacks put on a clinic in goal kicking accuracy as well.

Would disagree with Blocker on the injury front. 2nd quarter was pretty even once the Woodsmen sorted themselves out. A 50 minute half-time break on a cold night was never going to be good for a team littered with 35 year olds, any chance they had of making a comeback was gone as soon as the 2nd quarter was delayed and completely dissappeared when half-time dragged on. Woodsmen had a 'tiny' bit of momentum with the first 2 goals of the 2nd quarter, then Heppel went down and the game was delayed 10 or so minutes. Redbacks replied with 2 more and then there was an hour for half-time and when I saw half the Woodsmen team hobble out of the rooms like old men I knew they were cooked!

I'd suggest the Redbacks would have beaten UQ, as I don't rate the UQ outfit at all really. But with Dillon, Razor and Watson all gone - I think UQ will get them, just.

Zillmere to win the flag in a canter though, especially if Cash, Percy, Colvin etc all play. Gee they have some depth. Grayson McIvor would have to be the late season recruit of the year though.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think the delays stifled any miracle comebacks mate. If you don't run hard in the first quarter, when do you?

We certainly don't enjoy losing, but my body will be thanking me for it on Saturday morning!... Not sure I had another game left in me, let alone 2!

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
The game was won at the centre bounce, with Rooks literally winning every single tap available.

....snip....

Zillmere to win the flag in a canter though, especially if Cash, Percy, Colvin etc all play. Gee they have some depth. Grayson McIvor would have to be the late season recruit of the year though.

He's a good young ruckman is Rooks. I doubt he will remain in this competition beyond this year. He played in our 2014 Reserves Premiership, if he stuck around he might be playing Seniors by now. Would certainly play Seniors at many other QAFL clubs imo.

Have to ask the folk from the Woodsmen though, why didn't you tag Guise if he is racking up 50 touches? He's another one that has QAFL ability, just has to be prepared to serve his time in the 2's before establishing himself. I've heard on the grapevine he isn't a fan of 2's footy - which will put most QAFL clubs off going after him I imagine. Nobody gets gifted a spot in the 1's.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ventured out to Collingwood Park on Friday night, and the Redbacks midfield put on a clinic.

The game was won at the centre bounce, with Rooks literally winning every single tap available. Woodsmen seemed to try and play defensive at ground level, but then once the stoppage was over - none of their midfield manned up on their opponents and they just constantly ran free through the centre of the ground, and the Redbacks weren't afraid to use them. Woodies on the other hand were good in broken play and won their fair share of the footy, but moved it too slow and too wide - the forwards must have been tearing their hair out. Dillon and Guise were dominant, and Tomlinson was excellent when he went into the middle also.

Agree with Thommo above though, too many Woodsmen players were too reactive and simply weren't running as hard as their direct opponent. The Redbacks put on a clinic in goal kicking accuracy as well.

Would disagree with Blocker on the injury front. 2nd quarter was pretty even once the Woodsmen sorted themselves out. A 50 minute half-time break on a cold night was never going to be good for a team littered with 35 year olds, any chance they had of making a comeback was gone as soon as the 2nd quarter was delayed and completely dissappeared when half-time dragged on. Woodsmen had a 'tiny' bit of momentum with the first 2 goals of the 2nd quarter, then Heppel went down and the game was delayed 10 or so minutes. Redbacks replied with 2 more and then there was an hour for half-time and when I saw half the Woodsmen team hobble out of the rooms like old men I knew they were cooked!

I'd suggest the Redbacks would have beaten UQ, as I don't rate the UQ outfit at all really. But with Dillon, Razor and Watson all gone - I think UQ will get them, just.

What happened to Watson? Not much luck for the Redbacks if all three are out this week

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
I didn't get to the ground until late so didn't see what happened, but the boys told me he warmed up with the team and then pulled the pin.

Id suggest that means he would probably be right to play next week as it was probably minor.

Footy Observer

Draftee
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

The game was won at the centre bounce, with Rooks literally winning every single tap available. Woodsmen seemed to try and play defensive at ground level, but then once the stoppage was over - none of their midfield manned up on their opponents and they just constantly ran free through the centre of the ground, and the Redbacks weren't afraid to use them.

Delete, delete.

Haven't seen all games but UQ have a young fella who seems to do OK in the ruck from what I have seen and a very effective midfield so that contest should be great this weekend. Zillmere favourites for sure but I don't think either side that matches up against them in the GF will let them do it in a canter and would probably think they are a fair chance. Only time will tell.

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Rooks is a great player. Loves to learn which is great for a coach. The reason he left Morningside was because they dropped him in a grandfinal for the coaches mate. The kid was down after that and never wanted to play footy again. Only reason he is back playing footy is coz of his mates at the club. Dillon out, watson out, Rayzor out, but beware the underdog!
Guise was getting tagged for majority of the game, his work rate is good enough to run over top of most tagers

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh wow, did he really not play in the 2014 GF?

I just assumed he had, as he played all year and was superb in the Prelim. I had something on, so didn't make it to the ground until the Seniors started that year.

Gee whiz, that is rough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back