2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rooks is a great player. Loves to learn which is great for a coach. The reason he left Morningside was because they dropped him in a grandfinal for the coaches mate. The kid was down after that and never wanted to play footy again. Only reason he is back playing footy is coz of his mates at the club. Dillon out, watson out, Rayzor out, but beware the underdog!
Guise was getting tagged for majority of the game, his work rate is good enough to run over top of most tagers

The funny thing is last week you tried to tell us that Dillon was injured during the week. Which was a smoke screen. He played of course. But actually did his hammy...

Brainfade

Debutant
Sep 8, 2014
Logan
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Very hopeful dodsy. For a bloke like Dillon you give him every chance but I know he has been doing everything that he can. unsure when Ray will return.

spooner21

Senior List
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
What happened to the UQ post? What was that about?

I was just venting frustration at something that happened during last Friday night's game.

Shortly after posting, I decided that it probably wasn't worth wasting energy discussing.

Let's move on and talk about this weekend's game.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was just venting frustration at something that happened during last Friday night's game.

Shortly after posting, I decided that it probably wasn't worth wasting energy discussing.

Let's move on and talk about this weekend's game.

Fair enough. Should be a close game, cooparoo gets pretty slippery and the rain around won't help. Think that will suit UQ more than the Redbacks. Jimboomba are excellent at moving the ball so if the footy is slippery it could be more of a slog. Genuine 50/50 game without Dillon though. Any missing for UQ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Agree on Zillmere and Jimboomba.

Sandgate will get bundled out this week, and UQ will get a straight sets exit, losing the winner of Jimboomba vs Woodsmen, which I reckon will be a pseudo prelim.

This weeks finals will be a bore, with the Redbacks and Woodsmen both to get up by similar margins. Obviously Redbacks won't replicate this weeks score, as the Power will have their full side in - but I'd anticipate the Woodsmen beating Sandgate by even more.

Doddsy75 has it spot on. Both Power and Sandgate are fronting up against the same opposition on the same ground 7 days after copping a hiding. Neither team have the talent or mental fortitude to overcome that. Appears Woodsmen had a few key players out too, not sure about the Hawks?

How's that tip of UQ going out in straight sets working out for you?

Footy Observer

Draftee
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Good game last night, slippery conditions didn't help. Jimboomba had better of first 5-10 minutes but couldn't kick a goal, UQ took over from there with better ball movement forward. 2nd quarter UQ way on top out of the middle and stoppages but with both sides loading up across half-back it became a bit of a defensive dominated game until UQ broke away with some quick goals second half of the quarter. Jimboomba allowed 3 goals from balls over the back of the pack in the last line which hurt, UQ up by 34 points at the half. Jimboomba took over the midfield 3rd quarter and moved the ball forward very cleanly from there and also from half-back to charge back into it. Last quarter UQ regained some ascendancy (at least a touch better than parity) around the contest. Twice Jimboomba got within 8 points but just couldn't bridge that final gap. UQ locked it in their forward line well over the last 5 minutes or so to kill the contest. 19 points at the end a fair indicator. Jimboomba be kicking themselves they really only moved the ball well for a quarter or so but you can only ever play as well as the opposition allows. I would give the mid-field battle to UQ on the night but I have read Jimboomba were missing one of their best from there which may have made a difference. UQ lost their gadget armed Full-Back half-way through the third which looked like it might really hurt the defensive set-up but they covered well. UQ CHB had a great game and I reckon the UQ Ruckman had the better of the contests at the bounces and in general play over Rooks. Guise played well, I like that he looks to use the ball and generally does so effectively. Also like his aggression going into the contest although he probably needs to channel that a bit better to just the footy if he wants to play at higher levels. Giving away silly free kicks off the ball does not endear you to some coaches, especially when your team has momentum but he could certainly play higher divisions. Good fair contest all night which got a bit heated at times (it was a knock-out final after all so a bit on the line) but never what I would consider out of hand dirty, just real good hard stuff with a bit of chest thumping here and there. Umpiring was good, both benches had their waving arms and loud protest voices going at different times so must have been a bit even at least. All in all, top 2 sides from the season play off in the GF so fair play to all. Zillmere favourites but that slippery ground might have an influence.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How's that tip of UQ going out in straight sets working out for you?

Not great. Wasn't expecting Jimboomba to lose 2 of their best 3 midfielders in the week prior.

Zillmere will smash them. IMO, UQ a lesser side than Jimboomba and Woodsmen - but got the favourable draw due to not playing finals in 2015.

Hopefully they can use this post as ammunition to make a game of it, but I'm guessing coming on here and slagging off a local footy legend like Dan Dickfos has already given Zillmere all the motivation they need.

2 Left feet

Debutant
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Favourable draw? Zillmere is the only top six team they haven't played twice and on the night they did play they them, UQ won convincingly. They also only lost by a point to both Woodsmen and Jimboomba in the home and away season but won their second encounters with them and the third with Jimboomba to take them out regardless of their in's or out's on the team sheet, that's just footy.

I'm sure Zillmere will field a strong side for the final, but have no doubt that UQ will make a game of it. It's a GF after all and really anything can happen. A couple of early injuries to either side could really upset the balance either way, who cares, that's the way things go.

Many of your assessments and consequent predictions all year have been nothing short of absolute tripe and I expect no different from this post either.

But really, we are all still waiting for your explanation in regards to your ability to use Facebook, that is all we want to hear from you at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back