2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

spooner21

Senior List
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not great. Wasn't expecting Jimboomba to lose 2 of their best 3 midfielders in the week prior.

Zillmere will smash them. IMO, UQ a lesser side than Jimboomba and Woodsmen - but got the favourable draw due to not playing finals in 2015.

Hopefully they can use this post as ammunition to make a game of it, but I'm guessing coming on here and slagging off a local footy legend like Dan Dickfos has already given Zillmere all the motivation they need.

Both sides were missing key players as well as suffering injuries to key players during the game. It was a tight match. Just about all games between the top 5 have been this year. It would have been that way regardless of who was in or out of either side.

The favorable draw thing is a simply not true. We played all the top teams twice (except for Zillmere) as the poster above has pointed out.

And I think you'll find that the earlier poster slagging Danny Dickfos was not connected to UQ. Regardless of what others may say about him, we're aware that he's capable of having a huge impact on any game (as are a lot of the players in the Zillmere line up) and that's all we're focused on.

We undoubtedly go in to this game as the underdogs after the semi final result. But we got over the line against them earlier in the year in a game that could have gone either way. The semi final was also on a knife edge for most of it. So if we play well then anything can happen.

You're entitled to your opinion, which is obviously that you think we're not capable of challenging. All that we can do is go out there and try to prove you wrong. See you on Friday.

Last edited:

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Will depend onn what sort of team Zillmere put out there.

Anyone on here from Zillmere?

Why didn't Roly Cash and a few others play in the Qualifying Final?

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Favourable draw? Zillmere is the only top six team they haven't played twice and on the night they did play they them, UQ won convincingly. They also only lost by a point to both Woodsmen and Jimboomba in the home and away season but won their second encounters with them and the third with Jimboomba to take them out regardless of their in's or out's on the team sheet, that's just footy.

I'm sure Zillmere will field a strong side for the final, but have no doubt that UQ will make a game of it. It's a GF after all and really anything can happen. A couple of early injuries to either side could really upset the balance either way, who cares, that's the way things go.

Many of your assessments and consequent predictions all year have been nothing short of absolute tripe and I expect no different from this post either.

But really, we are all still waiting for your explanation in regards to your ability to use Facebook, that is all we want to hear from you at this point.

Zillmere appear to have had an easier draw. Only played Woodsmen and Sandgate twice. So that argument is rubbish about UQ. The The deserve their spot..

How is the fullback from UQ shoulder? Key player, without him they may find it hard to keep Zillmere to a score they can defend.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll go the underdog UQ. It's a grand final and stranger things have happened. Have a crack lads and defense wins big matches.
I won't wish you good luck as that implies you'll need it.
I will however remind you that people think your soft and believe you don't deserve your spot in the big dance.
Nothing better than proving critics wrong.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll go the underdog UQ. It's a grand final and stranger things have happened. Have a crack lads and defense wins big matches.
I won't wish you good luck as that implies you'll need it.
I will however remind you that people think your soft and believe you don't deserve your spot in the big dance.
Nothing better than proving critics wrong.

Who thinks they are soft other than QAFL fan? No one cares what he says, he has been wrong all year on numerous things. UQ finished equal top, are 1 all in games v Zillmere this year and just beat Jimboomba who everyone (well mainly Jimboomba people) thought would be in the GF.

You tipped Woodsmen to win the whole thing from memory? Were very sure of it. That was also incorrect.

You offer advice like they want it at UQ. They have worked hard all year and I'm sure they will be ready to go. Least their coach hasn't been gifted a div 2 quality list to steer through the season undefeated.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who thinks they are soft other than QAFL fan? No one cares what he says, he has been wrong all year on numerous things. UQ finished equal top, are 1 all in games v Zillmere this year and just beat Jimboomba who everyone (well mainly Jimboomba people) thought would be in the GF.

You tipped Woodsmen to win the whole thing from memory? Were very sure of it. That was also incorrect.

You offer advice like they want it at UQ. They have worked hard all year and I'm sure they will be ready to go. Least their coach hasn't been gifted a div 2 quality list to steer through the season undefeated.
Bit harsh mate I did think woodsman would get the chocolates. But now there out you got to pick a side.
I haven't bagged you guys at all. I'm just quoting what others said.
I wasn't gifted a side I had 12 players and I had to find the rest. Called in a few Favors from some past players. Many of which are not playing this year.
Correct me if I'm wrong but are we not allowed to talk footy on here.

UnBiassed

Debutant
Apr 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Word of warning for all going to the grand final this Friday. Coorparoo are holding an event to really make a night of it. this includes food vendors (bloody good ones at that) live music etc. they did this earlier in the year and around 400 people turned up. only about 30 to watch the game add zillmere and UQ crowds and this could be the biggest crowd anyone besides Dickfos has played in front of. my advice is get there early to secure a park and jump in line for Barbecue Mafias Brisket Burgers, you wont be disappointed

RMajor#22

Senior List
Apr 2, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Word of warning for all going to the grand final this Friday. Coorparoo are holding an event to really make a night of it. this includes food vendors (bloody good ones at that) live music etc. they did this earlier in the year and around 400 people turned up. only about 30 to watch the game add zillmere and UQ crowds and this could be the biggest crowd anyone besides Dickfos has played in front of. my advice is get there early to secure a park and jump in line for Barbecue Mafias Brisket Burgers, you wont be disappointed

Cheers for the info mate. Can also confirm that you won't be dissapointed with the lads at BBQ mafia quality gear to wrap your lips around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just_Saying

Draftee
Nov 11, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
No Entry Cost, just buy a beer and a burger.
FNB-website.png

Last edited:

sexualninja

Senior List
Aug 23, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Sydney
Zillmere have too much fire power
looked even until a burst of goals from the likes of D Dickfos to create enough of a buffer.
So why should a side stacked with those sort of names get to play against a struggling outfit like Ipswich. Bring on the comp change for sure!

spooner21

Senior List
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very impressive game from Zillmere tonight. Their size and smarts really shone through, especially from those older experienced heads. I think our guys put up a good fight all night but in the end were simply outplayed by a very clever bunch of blokes. Congratulations and enjoy the celebrations!

Footy Observer

Draftee
Aug 8, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Very impressive game from Zillmere tonight. Their size and smarts really shone through, especially from those older experienced heads. I think our guys put up a good fight all night but in the end were simply outplayed by a very clever bunch of blokes. Congratulations and enjoy the celebrations!

Couldn't get out to the game last night but looking at the scoreboard three of the quarters were fairly even but Zillmere just ran away with the game in the second quarter. As simple as that or more to it? I also note the Zillmere FF (Smith) kicked 6 after being held to 1 in the major semi, also a big difference and there could be multiple reasons for that but good luck to him. Anyone willing to provide a match synopsis??
My loose affiliation with UQ this year got me back out to watch some suburban footy after many years of not doing so. Really enjoyed it and saw some great stuff, especially going into and including the finals. Great year for UQ, congratulations to Zillmere, worthy winners. Keep up the banter here everyone.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Furnari from Ferny won it by 1 vote over some dude from Sandgate.

Structure finalised. Back to the bad old days of only 6 teams in this comp.

When i 'voted' in agreement for the new structure, i assumed they would only split our comp if they got enough teams (say 16)

Playing in a 6 team comp is going to be terrible.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Depends on the competitiveness of the 6 thommo. We had it in qfa nth this year and it wasn't too bad bc all teams were reasonable (no givens). 2 years ago we had 8 teams, sounds great but Moreton bay and Nambour were terrible. May as well have had 6.

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's not what the players in that comp tell me. Our 6 will be very competitive, probably even moreso than QFA North.

But the odd soft week never hurt anyone!

Plenty of boys from Mayne have told me they liked having 8, even though 2 were like byes

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How did Morningside get included over Collingwood Park? They forfeited twice this year and other weeks lobbed with 16 players.. Interesting to see how they go when they don't have a soft game at any stage, especially if they are getting smashed every week.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It would have been because each of those clubs nominated for those respective divisions. People need to understand that the clubs were asked where they wanted to be, not told where they would be (except in some rare cases)

Splitting this comp is a massive facepalm from AFLQ anyway, hopefully they realise this before its too late. Ever since it started growing and Zillmere came along and dragged the standard up 10 notches, there has been suggestions of a split - but it only took one bad year from AFLQ Yeronga for it to suddenly happen.

2015 would have been a good year to split it, 8 in the top league and 6 in the bottom league. But the boat was missed, regardless though - should always be the lowest level that has the least teams. Got to encourage improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back