2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
How's this comp/s shaping up? Word around a few clubs may drop back into this Comp, Suns and Moorooka both a chance. Will morningside have a side? Sounds like hey didn't like the losing part of last year when they thought they would smash it, playing in the top Comp of this league will surely make it hard for them. Have heard Sandgate may not have a side next year, plenty of their QAFL people at the club not impressed young blokes were bypassing the twos to only play thirds. If a few were to drop out, will it go back to one comp?
Needs to go to one comp. Maybe AFLQ thinks it looks like too much like a superior competition if it has 12 or more sides in it. A league with 6 sides in it is bogus and sides would lose players as a result. Who really wants to play in a league with only 5 opposition teams ?? My guess is no-one !! As usual, a lot of speculation in regards to what will happen before next year.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Hey guys looking for a little help in finding a club to play for. Haven't played footy in over 5 years and even then it was only the juniors at school, but would like to try something other than another season of rugby league. Basically I live in South Brisbane and am looking for the lowest level of comp around to have a run in competitive senior footy. Hoping someone here would have an idea of clubs in the area struggling for numbers. Not really fussed on how competitive the team is and am willing to travel.

Also from what I can tell the games are on Friday nights? What nights do most teams train? Safe to say it's pretty confusing for someone with no knowledge of the competitions here to find the right place to get started so sorry if I've asked this in completely the wrong place.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gotta start somewhere 99 !! If you do want to play at the lowest level, you would actually need to be playing reserves in the comp previously known as QAFA A, who play on Saturday afternoons. If playing Friday nights is more your thing, this comp will fit you well. Plenty of clubs within short driving distance of South Brisbane. Yeronga, Coorparoo and Sherwood would be the closest. Clubs would likely train either Monday and Wednesday nights or Tuesday and Thursday nights.

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Gotta start somewhere 99 !! If you do want to play at the lowest level, you would actually need to be playing reserves in the comp previously known as QAFA A, who play on Saturday afternoons. If playing Friday nights is more your thing, this comp will fit you well. Plenty of clubs within short driving distance of South Brisbane. Yeronga, Coorparoo and Sherwood would be the closest. Clubs would likely train either Monday and Wednesday nights or Tuesday and Thursday nights.
Thanks for the help mate! Saturday afternoons are ideal for me so the reserves sounds perfect. Is there anywhere to find a list of clubs in the competition? I understand they probably haven't finalised comps yet but I'm also guessing pre season will be starting fairly soon.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ormeau Bulldogs to be in the comp next year apparently... a lot of Suns players headed there, with the Suns completely folding..

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Will they play from the field on the Western side of the freeway next to the Stockland estate, or the eastern side near Livingstone college?

Neither venue has lights to my knowledge.

commish1234

Debutant
May 11, 2010
brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Will they play from the field on the Western side of the freeway next to the Stockland estate, or the eastern side near Livingstone college?

Neither venue has lights to my knowledge.
I believe lights will be up after Xmas .Western side of freeway .They meet with the AFLQ last week i think they will only be fielding one side in 2017 and see how they go .

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
great news for the comp, but you have to wonder about why one club folds and another pops up almost entirely made up of the same playing group. Seems like a pretty big and unneccassry administrative burden.

Hope they start at 45 to allow for traffic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
great news for the comp, but you have to wonder about why one club folds and another pops up almost entirely made up of the same playing group. Seems like a pretty big and unneccassry administrative burden.
because unnecessary administration keeps people at head office employed, and a new club regardless of impacts on others allows for fluffy commentary about "growth" via new club numbers regardless of the impact on existing clubs, volunteers etc

King 05

Senior List
Oct 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Ormeau Bulldogs to be in the comp next year apparently... a lot of Suns players headed there, with the Suns completely folding..

Completely folding? Seriously? How is that even possible?

(I can't decipher the banter in the QAFA A forum, but I gather there was some sort of board/president "issue")

Surely they'd have enough for one team at least?

So how does that make the Division (s) look now?

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Completely folding? Seriously? How is that even possible?

(I can't decipher the banter in the QAFA A forum, but I gather there was some sort of board/president "issue")

Surely they'd have enough for one team at least?

So how does that make the Division (s) look now?
It makes the comp formerly known as QAFA A completely irrelevant, and the Friday night league/s gathering even more momentum and popularity.

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Friday night comp full steams ahead so it seems. Ormeau now Springwood entering teams. Calling it early but this comp will draw more interest next year then div 3 will

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
New thread can be found . QFA div 4&5

No longer called qafa B anymore so thought a new thread was necessary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back