2016 QAFA B Central | Page 51 | BigFooty

2016 QAFA B Central

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by Pea Nut, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Pea Nut

Pea Nut Norm Smith Medallist

Adelaide
    Needs to go to one comp. Maybe AFLQ thinks it looks like too much like a superior competition if it has 12 or more sides in it. A league with 6 sides in it is bogus and sides would lose players as a result. Who really wants to play in a league with only 5 opposition teams ?? My guess is no-one !! As usual, a lot of speculation in regards to what will happen before next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. 99 Problems

99 Problems Senior List

Sydney
    Hey guys looking for a little help in finding a club to play for. Haven't played footy in over 5 years and even then it was only the juniors at school, but would like to try something other than another season of rugby league. Basically I live in South Brisbane and am looking for the lowest level of comp around to have a run in competitive senior footy. Hoping someone here would have an idea of clubs in the area struggling for numbers. Not really fussed on how competitive the team is and am willing to travel.

Also from what I can tell the games are on Friday nights? What nights do most teams train? Safe to say it's pretty confusing for someone with no knowledge of the competitions here to find the right place to get started so sorry if I've asked this in completely the wrong place.

3. Pea Nut

Adelaide
    Gotta start somewhere 99 !! If you do want to play at the lowest level, you would actually need to be playing reserves in the comp previously known as QAFA A, who play on Saturday afternoons. If playing Friday nights is more your thing, this comp will fit you well. Plenty of clubs within short driving distance of South Brisbane. Yeronga, Coorparoo and Sherwood would be the closest. Clubs would likely train either Monday and Wednesday nights or Tuesday and Thursday nights.

4. 99 Problems

99 Problems Senior List

Sydney
    Thanks for the help mate! Saturday afternoons are ideal for me so the reserves sounds perfect. Is there anywhere to find a list of clubs in the competition? I understand they probably haven't finalised comps yet but I'm also guessing pre season will be starting fairly soon.

5. Lensen

Lensen You've ruined the act, GOB

Collingwood
    Other Teams:
    Collingwood
  6. nugget_12

nugget_12 Club Legend

Richmond
    Other Teams:
    Melbourne Storm
    Sent you a pm mate

Merritt37 likes this.
  7. Doddsy75

Doddsy75 Team Captain

Richmond
    would reccomend Moorooka for a guy looking to play QAFA A and lives in south Brsbane

8. Yelp

Yelp Draftee

Essendon
    Are the Suns going to have a side??

9. Realtalkz

Realtalkz Senior List

Hawthorn
    Ormeau Bulldogs to be in the comp next year apparently... a lot of Suns players headed there, with the Suns completely folding..

10. Doddsy75

Doddsy75 Team Captain

Richmond
    Will they play from the field on the Western side of the freeway next to the Stockland estate, or the eastern side near Livingstone college?

Neither venue has lights to my knowledge.

11. commish1234

commish1234 Debutant

Fremantle
    I believe lights will be up after Xmas .Western side of freeway .They meet with the AFLQ last week i think they will only be fielding one side in 2017 and see how they go .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Morro

Morro Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Do you know which players mate?

13. QAFL_Fan

QAFL_Fan Club Legend

Brisbane Lions
    great news for the comp, but you have to wonder about why one club folds and another pops up almost entirely made up of the same playing group. Seems like a pretty big and unneccassry administrative burden.

Hope they start at 45 to allow for traffic!

RMajor#22 likes this.
  14. Lensen

Lensen You've ruined the act, GOB

Collingwood
    Other Teams:
    Collingwood
    because unnecessary administration keeps people at head office employed, and a new club regardless of impacts on others allows for fluffy commentary about "growth" via new club numbers regardless of the impact on existing clubs, volunteers etc

15. King 05

King 05 Senior List

North Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    LA Lakers
    Completely folding? Seriously? How is that even possible?

(I can't decipher the banter in the QAFA A forum, but I gather there was some sort of board/president "issue")

Surely they'd have enough for one team at least?

So how does that make the Division (s) look now?

16. Pea Nut

Adelaide
    It makes the comp formerly known as QAFA A completely irrelevant, and the Friday night league/s gathering even more momentum and popularity.

Denchy likes this.
  17. SixthSense

SixthSense Senior List

Essendon
    Friday night comp full steams ahead so it seems. Ormeau now Springwood entering teams. Calling it early but this comp will draw more interest next year then div 3 will

18. Pea Nut

Adelaide
    Have to agree with that. And I think we will see those div 3 teams really struggle with the ressie's sides.

19. SixthSense

SixthSense Senior List

Essendon
    New thread can be found . QFA div 4&5

No longer called qafa B anymore so thought a new thread was necessary