2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 2 rounds have been redone, rest yet to be released, what r everyone's tips for the week?
I'm tipping:
Ferny Grove
Woodies
Morningside
Sandgate
Zillmere
Jimboomba

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 17
Don't know much about all the teams yet, so flying in the dark here.

Mayne
Woodsmen
Morningside
Sandgate
Zillmere
Jimboomba

Don't know much about all the teams yet, so flying in the dark here.

Mayne
Woodsmen
Morningside
Sandgate
Zillmere
Jimboomba

True just never know with this Comp, Coorparoo v Sandgate should be the Match of the round if last year is anything to go by. I think Sandgate beat Mayne last week by 120pts

I have seen very little of this competition, a couple of grand finals and finals - in addition to some games last weekend.

Coorparoo were very underwhelming last week compared to UQ and Sherwood (and Kenmore too)

I have seen very little of this competition, a couple of grand finals and finals - in addition to some games last weekend.

Coorparoo were very underwhelming last week compared to UQ and Sherwood (and Kenmore too)
Coorparoo can fluctuate in strength greatly, depending on how many players drop back from their senior and reserve teams. That is obviously greatly influenced on squad numbers though.

You will have to wait for the week before the finals for the finals format
Comp so far looks fairly evan maybe the top 4 for a bit above the rest except the cats who will finish last and will open the season with a combined 250 point loss over the first two rounds,morningside and zillmeia will be a long season for them especially with ipswich eagles former assistant at the helm, my bet is he will be sent off at some stage this year and suspended from coaching, is a raving foul mouth lunatic for those who have never seen him.
Morningside to win the comp with the woodies and sandgate up there as well, would say Jimboomba but have a feeling their new coach will wreck a good club caused a lot of trouble last year apparently and is a dead set muppet

Comp so far looks fairly evan maybe the top 4 for a bit above the rest except the cats who will finish last and will open the season with a combined 250 point loss over the first two rounds,morningside and zillmeia will be a long season for them especially with ipswich eagles former assistant at the helm, my bet is he will be sent off at some stage this year and suspended from coaching, is a raving foul mouth lunatic for those who have never seen him.
Morningside to win the comp with the woodies and sandgate up there as well, would say Jimboomba but have a feeling their new coach will wreck a good club caused a lot of trouble last year apparently and is a dead set muppet
Would agree with everything there apart from the comments regarding cats coach and Jimboomba coach, only because I've never met/seen them before. I'm sure I'll have an opinion when we play them.

Morningside will be tough, especially if they have managed to sign a few of the former senior players - similar side to the woodsmen I'd say. Top four will separate from the log jam below, but there will be some cracking matches in the mid table.

Jimboomba
Ferny Grove in a tight one
Morningside
Sandgate
Woodsmen
Zillmere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected Zillmere won the toss and elected to bat first. 177. Anyone know the cricket score of the morningside game?

Duckworth & lewis?

Or Morningside not sign the players we thought they had? Either way great result for the Cats

They are a young side. Don't have the big names. Will be similar standard to Mayne or thereabouts.

Great win by Colly Park.

Woodies vs UQ actually finished with 13 minutes to go on the clock when the lights went out. Very frustrating, but pleased with our effort after a slow start to come back from 5 goals down.

UQ a different side this year, bigger bodies who don't get bumped off it like they used to.

They are a young side. Don't have the big names. Will be similar standard to Mayne or thereabouts.

Great win by Colly Park.

Woodies vs UQ actually finished with 13 minutes to go on the clock when the lights went out. Very frustrating, but pleased with our effort after a slow start to come back from 5 goals down.

UQ a different side this year, bigger bodies who don't get bumped off it like they used to.

I think that the most we got out to was about 2 goals? Great game though and like you said we got off to a good start, you fought back in the 3rd and got a goal and a half in front, then we were getting up a head of steam before the unfortunate lighting situation. Just one of the many joys of our club having to work within the highly efficient and proficient UQ Sport administrative framework (said with tongue firmly in cheek)! It was a really hard fought and physical contest all night between two teams that play footy for all the right reasons. Always a pleasure playing the Woodies. Thankfully the head's all fine this morning after initially feeling a bit groggy from being sandwiched between the ground and the full weight of a falling Thommo 42 - not somewhere that you want to put your noggin!

Last edited:
Tell the full story though Spooner. I was strolling into the 50, eyeing of another sausage roll when a flying madman destroyed me in a cracking tackle i never saw coming.

I had a nice soft landing though, never even touched the ground. Must have been the unfortunate tackler who cushioned my fall!

Cats vs Eagles next week. Someone reach for the record books!

Looking at morningsides team lost from last night they have a few quality young guys who I played with in my time there and assuming they get a few more back they will be a good quality team. Also heard whispers (not solid fact) that Nick 'doc' Tomlinson is coming out of retirement to play thirds there as well. Was a gun in there qafl/neafl seniors for a very long time.

I think last nights scores showed that it will more like 8 teams fighting for a final spot.

Though we were still a few players short I have to say I think UQ are a much stronger team this year. They got plenty of numbers to the contest and spread the ball well.

Collingwood park beating jimboomba shows that the Comp is more open than expected.

But the best list would have to be Zilmere and will be a hard team to beat this year.

I'm hearing Yeronga's 3rds are very inexperienced, at least 9 players who have never played before. Might shine some light as to why there was a cricket score against zillmere on Friday night. Taking nothing away from Zillmere's performance, mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back