2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Nauru won by 10goals... Preview of zillmere season or were Nauru really that good? Who got down there to see it?

They were unreal!! How did Pine Rivers go against them? Every one of them was quick, solidly built and went in hard at every contest. Every 20-30 metre pass was chest height the whole way and don't mis many targets... Very entertaining game!!

When i was 13 at school in Albury Wodonga, there were 3 kids from Nauru who were boarders in the year above me.

Absolute gun footballers with exquisite skills and loved to take a hanger.

No idea what happened to him, but one of them was called Quinsen Cook and he was touted as a league footballer in the making at the time. (1993)

I'm sure if they had all the special pathway programs and such they have now back then, he would have made it all the way.

Went to UQ on Saturday afternoon for my first look at this competition to watch the Siders new team. It's an interesting league, with some outstanding players mixed in with guys obviously experiencing their first look at the oval ball.

The Kings appeared to have a pretty strong side, but didn't have many of them and clearly tired in their 2nd and 3rd games. I'm told the Kenmore team was mostly their 2's and not their 3's, and they looked a bit more structured than the other sides, with no passengers - but no real standouts either.

UQ looked a young and fit side with a bit of zip, but a bit tentative around the contests. I can see clearly they will be an improving side just from watching them play 40 minutes of footy.

The Sherwood team were a real rag tag bunch, clearly carrying guys who have never played before - but also having the best players out there by far in #1, #25 and #27.

The Panthers were competitive and showed good signs for a freshly minted team, the Sherwood guys got a hold of them in the last game - but that was a bit unfair as we had to play 2 games back to back for some strange reason.

Generally all games played in good spirits, standard was very mixed but with signs of quality and it should be an interesting league to follow. It was my first experience of watching footy at this level and its always entertaining watching guys new to the game learn as they go - particularly the enthusiasm from their teammates when they take a mark or make a good tackle.

Looking forward to the year. Was there an official winner of the day?

yep, 46 is a pretty solid hit out. how many possessions do you reckon that adds up to? throw in 15 or 20 behinds, and a few handballs...

I played a little bit of u/14s with him, before he moved up to the school first XVIII and my recollection was that he wasn't a huge fan of the handball, but in my first ever game out of primary school he did give me a 'joe the goose' over the top into the goal square and i fumbled it over the goal line...he certainly never handballed to me again understandably!

I played a little bit of u/14s with him, before he moved up to the school first XVIII and my recollection was that he wasn't a huge fan of the handball, but in my first ever game out of primary school he did give me a 'joe the goose' over the top into the goal square and i fumbled it over the goal line...he certainly never handballed to me again understandably!

i didn't know they were called joe the goose... but i wish i got on the end of a few more of them.

just jumped on the AFLQ website to check the draw for next week and nothing there. I contacted the blokes at Morningside, and they haven't got one yet.

Is this normal practice? Season starts in 8 days and no draw?

just jumped on the AFLQ website to check the draw for next week and nothing there. I contacted the blokes at Morningside, and they haven't got one yet.

Is this normal practice? Season starts in 8 days and no draw?
Still running that line. As Thommo eluded to, Kenmore pulled out so some alterations probably have to be made. Makes it hard with the extra long weekend coming up.

They looked to have a decent side on Saturday, but I did hear it was mostly 2's players - so that would explain why.

One would hope that priority #1 is getting a draw done at this time of year though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive work, did you also ring around to check and book venues and times for each match?
they are all available at 730pm on Friday night, as per the previous draw. So it worked out quite well :)

Thanks Pea Nut for the link, but I'm not looking to tarnish my CV as I go past 40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back