2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

So are you replying the club umpires cost you the game last year?
We live in a era were a lady's game get umpire priority over a division that is producing good and exciting football
I never said that, what a ridiculous question. We were beaten by 80 odd points last year, umpiring doesn't even come into it.

Redbackboy92 refers to the "cheat umpire". I was trying to get more info.

I never said that, what a ridiculous question. We were beaten by 80 odd points last year, umpiring doesn't even come into it.

Fair enough l just get sick of one post people bagging other clubs.
We respect all clubs in the Comp but to say UQ are soft is plain stupid
Every club has players that demand or earn respect UQ have some great quality footballers earning it yesterday.
Nobody will know the final result till Aflq step in but it's round 6 and I'm sure both clubs had a few outs to bring in to their next encounter

lets just say some very bad calls in the last quarter got them back in the game.

who cares really, we'll make them pay next time we play them.

I'm a little confused. Redbackpride is saying he is sick of people coming on here and giving s**t to other teams. Yet one of his players ( redbackboy ) is calling UQ soft and saying the only reason they were in the game at the end was cause their club umpire was a cheat. There is a big difference between getting on big footy and hanging s**t on each other which I'm sure most clubs have a good Chuckle over and calling a club umpire a cheat.

lets just say some very bad calls in the last quarter got them back in the game.

who cares really, we'll make them pay next time we play them.

Sorry who are you referring to .... the Club Umpires or the UQ footy team?..... Both?

And the "make them pay...." comment. One could infer that comment as a threat to UQ club volunteers. Is that correct?

Fortunately I'm sure the powers that be will monitor your ongoing comments, recognise the club you represent and speak for and ensure adequate security at your return match. Or all your matches from here on in given such an inflammatory comment.

#kulcha #thug

I'm a little confused. Redbackpride is saying he is sick of people coming on here and giving s**t to other teams. Yet one of his players ( redbackboy ) is calling UQ soft and saying the only reason they were in the game at the end was cause their club umpire was a cheat. There is a big difference between getting on big footy and hanging s**t on each other which I'm sure most clubs have a good Chuckle over and calling a club umpire a cheat.

yeah really bad choice of words and i am sorry. some bad calls that we were frustrated by but to say a cheat was way to far. umpires go out and give it their best crack and that's all we can ask for.

Sorry who are you referring to .... the Club Umpires or the UQ footy team?..... Both?

And the "make them pay...." comment. One could infer that comment as a threat to UQ club volunteers. Is that correct?

Fortunately I'm sure the powers that be will monitor your ongoing comments, recognise the club you represent and speak for and ensure adequate security at your return match. Or all your matches from here on in given such an inflammatory comment.

#kulcha #thug

i mean we'll just keep playing good hard footy and make them pay by going hard at the ball like always. no threat to anyone.

Redbackboy, were you present for the jimboomba/sandgate game?
Jimboomba goal umpire was "unsure" of a goal that was kicked after the final siren and gave sandgate a 1 point win. The thing is, it went pretty much through the middle of the goal posts (I was sat on the benches behind those goals)
Took the field umpire to call it as a goal.

what is going on down at the Woodsmen?

They seemed untouchable when we played, them - now even Mayne are giving them a touch up?

Nothing going on at the Woodies mate. Mayne out played us on Friday. Was the better team on the night. We just need to play better footy.

Any update on the injured Power player? Hope he is all good.

Nothing wrong here at the Woodies, been outplayed 3 weeks running. Its not illegal.

Mayne were good on Friday, cleaner skills and strong over the footy. Well done to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's confusing? Every time the Redbacks start winning theirs always a one post from someone claming to be a Redbacks player.
They may well be they may not be but the Redbacks have a rule on bagging other players other clubs or umpires.
Sometimes it's a disgruntled player or it could be like last year were someone claimed to be part of the club bagged the coach and his son yet couldn't even name the Vice Presidents name.

Theirs some really handy players down in Jimboomba but unless you have had the success of the likes of woodsmen Zillmere Pinerivers or Kedron in the past 4 years most redback players really shouldn't be commenting on any team.

As for calling the club umpire a cheat it's not acceptable but unless your game enough to put your name out their for example like Thommo tracking that person down is impossible.

How statesmanlike of you Mr Cole. You need to get a team proofreader for the boys who jump on here and post though.

Was it a draw or not, can someone explain what happened?

I can't see the Woodsmen even making finals now, they must be privately in panic mode. Be honest Thommo, not asking you to make an excuse - but how many guys are missing from your best 22 lately? Will any of them come back?

Hi lads, I was the injured power play on Friday night and just want to set a few things straight. Apologies if what I write is abit of a novel.

Firstly thank you everybody for your well wishes and if I knew who you were I would personally thank you aswell.

Friday night first quarter as I was tackled my leg went under the opposition player and I was dragged back over my leg. Instantainously I heard/felt a loud pop followed by a crack which was heard by some players around me. Power players and Sandgate players in the vicinity immediately called the stretcher and an ambulance was called. As I tried to move myself I felt another crack and grind from my lower leg and then from the knee down instantly went numb. So I stayed put believing my leg or ankle was broken the ambulance was called and I was instructed not to move because they had a vehicle 10 minutes away. After half an hour still no sign and shock starting to wear off a second call was made and they were 'on the way' another half an hour a call was made and they had diverted the first two cars to more serious emergencies and a third was on the way. This meaning I was on the field for over an hour waiting and during this time the game was called off.

A trip to hospital Friday night for Xrays cleared me of any break and doctors this morning confirms I suffered an ankle dislocation and the second crack and grind I felt was the relocation of my ankle. I'm awaiting scan results for ligament or tendon damage but hopefully it's nothing to serious and I can return at some stage this year and get back amongst the footy.

I would like to mention that had I known the state of the injury and the amount of time I was laying unmoved on the ground I would have requested to be moved off the ground so the game could continue. I did my best to apologise to Sandgate players as they left the field aswell as my own team for having to settle for 2 points each instead of a win resulting in 4.

I would also like to thank the Sandgate players, runner, water carriers and member of their coaching staff who came to check on me, once again if I was aware of who you were personally I would thank you more in private. Also apologies for you not being able to contest for the 4 points. There was no malice or dirty intention in the tackle just a freak accident and I hope your player doesn't think anything bad of the incident.

Just to finish I think income protection should be a must if your playing footy luckily I have a heap of leave built up but would hate for another accident like this to happen to somebody else and then be in financial trouble.

Cheers Ryan

Hi lads, I was the injured power play on Friday night and just want to set a few things straight. Apologies if what I write is abit of a novel.

Firstly thank you everybody for your well wishes and if I knew who you were I would personally thank you aswell.

Friday night first quarter as I was tackled my leg went under the opposition player and I was dragged back over my leg. Instantainously I heard/felt a loud pop followed by a crack which was heard by some players around me. Power players and Sandgate players in the vicinity immediately called the stretcher and an ambulance was called. As I tried to move myself I felt another crack and grind from my lower leg and then from the knee down instantly went numb. So I stayed put believing my leg or ankle was broken the ambulance was called and I was instructed not to move because they had a vehicle 10 minutes away. After half an hour still no sign and shock starting to wear off a second call was made and they were 'on the way' another half an hour a call was made and they had diverted the first two cars to more serious emergencies and a third was on the way. This meaning I was on the field for over an hour waiting and during this time the game was called off.

A trip to hospital Friday night for Xrays cleared me of any break and doctors this morning confirms I suffered an ankle dislocation and the second crack and grind I felt was the relocation of my ankle. I'm awaiting scan results for ligament or tendon damage but hopefully it's nothing to serious and I can return at some stage this year and get back amongst the footy.

I would like to mention that had I known the state of the injury and the amount of time I was laying unmoved on the ground I would have requested to be moved off the ground so the game could continue. I did my best to apologise to Sandgate players as they left the field aswell as my own team for having to settle for 2 points each instead of a win resulting in 4.

I would also like to thank the Sandgate players, runner, water carriers and member of their coaching staff who came to check on me, once again if I was aware of who you were personally I would thank you more in private. Also apologies for you not being able to contest for the 4 points. There was no malice or dirty intention in the tackle just a freak accident and I hope your player doesn't think anything bad of the incident.

Just to finish I think income protection should be a must if your playing footy luckily I have a heap of leave built up but would hate for another accident like this to happen to somebody else and then be in financial trouble.

Cheers Ryan
All the best mate, get well soon.

How statesmanlike of you Mr Cole. You need to get a team proofreader for the boys who jump on here and post though.

Was it a draw or not, can someone explain what happened?

I can't see the Woodsmen even making finals now, they must be privately in panic mode. Be honest Thommo, not asking you to make an excuse - but how many guys are missing from your best 22 lately? Will any of them come back?
Appreciate it mate game ended as previous post says
Don't thing you can write Thommos boys of just yet, you went againts us after one win
Keep up the good post l know Guisy love them

I think the woodsman will come good and string a few wins in a row. When you are on top for so long people don't expect you to lose very often.
It's part of footy and will be a good test for the group.
Not sure of the make up of finals this year but should they make it they have a habit of getting to the big show.
If memory serves me correctly a couple of key players should come back mid season.
I'd expect them to bounce back very quickly and the conversation will change again.

I wouldn't expect the blokes they lost last year to come back at all. Broken hip past the age of 30, you wouldn't bother would you?

Baker and Dobson, both 30+ and doing ACL's. Doubt you will see either of them again either.

But how many are they missing just from their best side late last year or even what they think it will look like this year, thats the million dollar question.

At this level having blokes out is different to other divisions. You lose a player in the QAFL, and you replace them with a very competent ressies player. You lose a bloke in the friday night ammos, and you might replace him with an unco 32 year old who has never played before.

Most clubs would have depth to about 25 players tops, then its a lottery.

what is going on down at the Woodsmen?

They seemed untouchable when we played, them - now even Mayne are giving them a touch up?

Is Mayne really considered as bad as that post suggests though? The comp seems abit tighter than recent years and a big loss one week doesn't seem to reflect on what to expect the next at the moment. It seems the will be far more "upsets" this year based on what has been expected from performances in past seasons. I have no doubt the Woodies maintain the hard game experience and have some younger blokes coming through and progressing with the knowledgable help from the senior players. This may be the third straight game they've lost but the first two losses were against sides like zillmere and Jimboomba and most here would understand that they are two tough sides. Teams like Collingwood park and Uq have proved to be impressive competitors this year with their young, quick kids seeming far better for their hitouts last year and I'd say Mayne's young fellas may have just figured out an on field chemistry. Time will tell I guess. Is there someone from mayne on here that can give a little insight. It's abit of an unspoken for side so it's hard to get an idea on sides like them and morningside.

I'm hopeful to see the woodsmen strive in coming weeks. They're a side that deserve respect regardless of a couple unfortunate results

We ( the woodsmen) always have guys out with work, injury family etc. Its nothing new to us. We are 7th and I can tell you we don't have 10 guns to come in. So we just have to play better. We have been beaten by better sides the last 3 weeks. No excuses from us. So hope that answer the questions.

Let's talk bout more interesting stuff, like 9 out of the 12 teams are still very much a chance of finals. There are upsets most weeks and the standard in general in this Comp is the best I've seen in the 6 plus years I've played in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back