2016 QAFA B Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandgate's 3rds have nothing to do with their senior and reserves playing group. You won't see them fighting for a QAFL start. They are happy to play in their own group and that seems to be a winning atmosphere at the moment. You can't even start comparing QAFL to the QAFA Bs its a completely different type of game.

I saw their 2's play a while back.

Teams in this league over estimate their ability a tad, Sandgate 3rds wouldn't beat their 2s anyway.

I saw their 2's play a while back.

Teams in this league over estimate their ability a tad, Sandgate 3rds wouldn't beat their 2s anyway.
Same thing came up last year. Kedron went undefeated and played sandgate in a practice match this year. Kedron a few players down but had a few new bloke's. Some quality amongst them. In my opinion a better side than the year before.
Sandgate ran a few seniors but mostly young and twos players.
The end result sandgate won by nearly a 100.
The difference between comps is huge and any talk otherwise is rubbish.

Any idea whether Matty Dillon has transferred to Jimboomba? Or was the weekend's game just a one off match under permit?

If it's a permanent shift then that's a very handy pickup!

Permanent transfer. He mustn't be able to handle the higher level I'm guessing sixth sense. A great get for jimboomba. Will take a lot of heat off guise. Will also be quite useful up front aswell but be able to take down any full foward if he was to play back. Maggot must be doing some great recruiting pulling him away from a club like broadbeach.

Permanent transfer. He mustn't be able to handle the higher level I'm guessing sixth sense. A great get for jimboomba. Will take a lot of heat off guise. Will also be quite useful up front aswell but be able to take down any full foward if he was to play back. Maggot must be doing some great recruiting pulling him away from a club like broadbeach.

Didn't Maggot get the memo?

Woodies have first right of refusal on all ex Magpies Premiership players in this league!

Tell crackers to call me and we can discuss a transfer fee.

State game at Yeronga, up against QAFA B at Chelmer

Better make sure the bar staff order extra beer and get the BBQ fired up at Chelmer. Will be standing room only!
Too right mate at least your game is beaing promoted. Haven't seen a thing about rep game.

If i went to the Magpies asking for a QAFL player this week i would be laughed out of the room, even if we were short we wouldnt hey one.

Only ever used a Magpie on permit once in 8 seasons, and that was Round 1 this year and all due respect to the player in question - he wouldn't be in our best 30!

If we did get someone because we're short, it would purely be a fringe ressies player who would make no material difference to the team other than being another available player.
Looks like u named a Magpie in your squad of 27, so mustn't of been laughed at too much.

We have one guy who played with us all last season, and has played a handful of reserves games this year and hasn't played at all for a month. Don't even know who will be in tbe 22 yet as not sure on availability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandgate getting rolled by the woodies is interesting, opens the comp right up! No undefeated teams this time around.

Sandgate getting rolled by the woodies is interesting, opens the comp right up! No undefeated teams this time around.

I went to the game, so scrappy. Pissing down with rain the whole game. First Quarter was difference, Woodies kicked 1 goal from quarter time. Sandgate had the ball the 2nd half Mostly in there forward half but just couldn't score. Woodies defense was rock solid, they matched up well on the Hawks forwards. Really does open up the comp, top 6 won't change other than maybe a few movements up and down. Was a solid midfield battle lots of contests and hard tackling.

Did Morningside really forfeit? Never thought that club would do that.

^ score says 11 scoring shots to 6. Would point to woodsmen having the ball in sandgates 50 more than them having in the woodsmen.

did morningside forfeit due to numbers ? Or another issue

I went to the game, so scrappy. Pissing down with rain the whole game. First Quarter was difference, Woodies kicked 1 goal from quarter time. Sandgate had the ball the 2nd half Mostly in there forward half but just couldn't score. Woodies defense was rock solid, they matched up well on the Hawks forwards. Really does open up the comp, top 6 won't change other than maybe a few movements up and down. Was a solid midfield battle lots of contests and hard tackling.

Did Morningside really forfeit? Never thought that club would do that.
Was a very scrappy game but it was always going to be in those conditions. I would disagree about Sandgate having the ball I their forward line most of the second half, from what I saw, I thought it was pretty even or in favour of the woodsmen if anything. Woodsmen had s few shots on goal that dropped short and they even missed one running into an open goal which could have made a big difference. When the ball was in Sandgates forward line, the woodsmen defence were solid and didn't give them an inch. There was some good hard fought contests around the ground and in my opinion, although it was scrappy wet weather footy, i thought it was great to watch 2 teams putting their head over the ball and hitting the contest hard.

^ score says 11 scoring shots to 6. Would point to woodsmen having the ball in sandgates 50 more than them having in the woodsmen.

did morningside forfeit due to numbers ? Or another issue
Score doesn't reflect inside 50s

Complete rubbish anyway. The ball was in our forward 50 for most of the second half.

Sandgate barely got it past the arc, 3 of their 4 goals came from 50m penalties and to be fair, all 3 of the 50s were deserved. Gotta be careful throwing the ball back when its a cake of soap!

It was 4.1 to zip and then the heavens opened and it was a slog fest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back