2016 QAFA B Central

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sandgate v Woodies again next week. Jimboomba v colly park again also. Will jimboomba have to play Friday night or Saturday? You'd hope Friday and Colly Park can at least pick their strongest side, which they deserve to after making finals. Can Sandgate turn it around in a week or are the mentally weak from the coach down? Week off for zillmere and UQ. UQ are probably favorites for flag, beat zillmere once already and have been very consistent.

Grantwatson

Rookie
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Sandgate v Woodies again next week. Jimboomba v colly park again also. Will jimboomba have to play Friday night or Saturday? You'd hope Friday and Colly Park can at least pick their strongest side, which they deserve to after making finals. Can Sandgate turn it around in a week or are the mentally weak from the coach down? Week off for zillmere and UQ. UQ are probably favorites for flag, beat zillmere once already and have been very consistent.
Would think the Redbacks have been gifted a dream run,Collingwood Park won't give two flying hoots today and only showing up to prevent a fine so huge win for the redders. Same will happen next week regardless of were they play two easy games for them and then meet either woodsmen or the Hawk who will tear each other apart next week.
Redbacks biggest loss this season is againts UQ in windy conditions but will their team of champions play for each other or become individuals like last year.

RMajor#22

Senior List
Apr 2, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Would think the Redbacks have been gifted a dream run,Collingwood Park won't give two flying hoots today and only showing up to prevent a fine so huge win for the redders. Same will happen next week regardless of were they play two easy games for them and then meet either woodsmen or the Hawk who will tear each other apart next week.
Redbacks biggest loss this season is againts UQ in windy conditions but will their team of champions play for each other or become individuals like last year.

We do care about the result. We are going to give it a red hot crack but with half a team missing and fill ins from a few other clubs we aren't expecting a miracle. It's going to be a tough game but we won't be standing out there as cones for a jimboomba training session.

redbackpride

Debutant
May 19, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Here comes the attack of the Redbacks crap again.
No champions at Redbacks mate just good footballers
If you pour two beers in one glass, it's just one beer
Kick arse Redbacks

Jun 2, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dont know how you can go past Zillmere as the favorites.

Easily the best side we've encountered this season, and they've never really fielded their best 22 as far as i can see.

Hopefully we come up against them again this year.

the egg

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
UQ are probably favorites for flag, beat zillmere once already and have been very consistent.

Seen them a few times this year..very fit and physical team who will the ball forward. Question marks over their skills and whether they have the smarts on a bigger ground come finals time.

Grantwatson

Rookie
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
We do care about the result. We are going to give it a red hot crackbut we won't be standing out there as cones for a jimboomba training session.

Would you like me to arrange stop and go traffic controllers for next week.
The witches hats on the Mt Lindsay highway put up more of a fight than that circus on display today

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Collingwood Park make finals off the back of a "draw". Ferny Grove with higher % but only 2 points keep them out... A whole season hinged on a sprained ankle for two teams...

The Fal

Debutant
Dec 11, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Collingwood Park make finals off the back of a "draw". Ferny Grove with higher % but only 2 points keep them out... A whole season hinged on a sprained ankle for two teams...
Ferny Grove had their chance.

And I might add, those boys wouldn't be complaining. They'd be aware they missed an opportunity to play finals this season, especially after such a great start. But, as with every club, injuries and player availability takes its toll. I'm no longer associated with FG, but please don't think these guys are up in arms about the CP drawn match against Sandgate. The season was lost when CP beat them a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMajor#22

Senior List
Apr 2, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Ferny Grove had their chance.

And I might add, those boys wouldn't be complaining. They'd be aware they missed an opportunity to play finals this season, especially after such a great start. But, as with every club, injuries and player availability takes its toll. I'm no longer associated with FG, but please don't think these guys are up in arms about the CP drawn match against Sandgate. The season was lost when CP beat them a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game against the Ferny boys was played in great spirit and in no way was there any hard or angry feelings towards either team or amoungst the players from how I interpreted the situation. Had they not lost their army lads during the year they would have made it comfortably. These things happen. Instead of a drawn game getting us in how about the other games we won along the way or even the upset against jimboomba in round one getting us across the line.

Runabout_32

Rookie
Jun 4, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have seen all the teams play various opponents with different teams.

It will be a Zillmere v Jimboomba GF. Cant pick a winner yet. Zillmere slight favourites.

Collywobbles no chance... sick of reading about them this yr and all the whinging associated with them.
Woodies unfortunately no chance. Knocked out round 1. Got potential but haven't played 2 good games in a row.
Sandgate will be lucky to beat woodies rd 1 of finals but wont back up week 2.
UQ just dont think they are good enough. Deserve to be where they are but the goods teams will take it to another level.

Clearly plenty of Power & redbacks on here. Stop talking about yourself and start on some footy.

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Zillmere the front runners, probably followed by Jimboomba. Woodsmenthe smokey, and can't write off UQ after the year they have had.

Lost 1 game by a point, drew another game (but called a 1 point loss!) and lost one other match. Thats form that is hard to ignore, but they had a favourable draw for sure.

Can't see how Sandgate come back from getting belted and front up against the same opposition at the same venue a week later.

Looking at the ladder, its a real shame our boys decided it wasn't worth fronting up a few weeks, they could have played finals for gods sake.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Have seen all the teams play various opponents with different teams.

It will be a Zillmere v Jimboomba GF. Cant pick a winner yet. Zillmere slight favourites.

Collywobbles no chance... sick of reading about them this yr and all the whinging associated with them.
Woodies unfortunately no chance. Knocked out round 1. Got potential but haven't played 2 good games in a row.
Sandgate will be lucky to beat woodies rd 1 of finals but wont back up week 2.
UQ just dont think they are good enough. Deserve to be where they are but the goods teams will take it to another level.

Clearly plenty of Power & redbacks on here. Stop talking about yourself and start on some footy.

Agree on Zillmere and Jimboomba.

Sandgate will get bundled out this week, and UQ will get a straight sets exit, losing the winner of Jimboomba vs Woodsmen, which I reckon will be a pseudo prelim.

This weeks finals will be a bore, with the Redbacks and Woodsmen both to get up by similar margins. Obviously Redbacks won't replicate this weeks score, as the Power will have their full side in - but I'd anticipate the Woodsmen beating Sandgate by even more.

Doddsy75 has it spot on. Both Power and Sandgate are fronting up against the same opposition on the same ground 7 days after copping a hiding. Neither team have the talent or mental fortitude to overcome that. Appears Woodsmen had a few key players out too, not sure about the Hawks?

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Agree on Zillmere and Jimboomba.

Sandgate will get bundled out this week, and UQ will get a straight sets exit, losing the winner of Jimboomba vs Woodsmen, which I reckon will be a pseudo prelim.

This weeks finals will be a bore, with the Redbacks and Woodsmen both to get up by similar margins. Obviously Redbacks won't replicate this weeks score, as the Power will have their full side in - but I'd anticipate the Woodsmen beating Sandgate by even more.

Doddsy75 has it spot on. Both Power and Sandgate are fronting up against the same opposition on the same ground 7 days after copping a hiding. Neither team have the talent or mental fortitude to overcome that. Appears Woodsmen had a few key players out too, not sure about the Hawks?

Based on many of your "expert" opinions this year, I feel sorry for the Woodies and Jimboomba, now you've tipped them they are likely to lose.

Realtalkz

Senior List
Jul 21, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is Brolin16 still around? The Mt Gravatt player who knows everything about Sandgate? What did the players tell you about Friday? Can they turn it around this week?

Doddsy75

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Is Brolin16 still around? The Mt Gravatt player who knows everything about Sandgate? What did the players tell you about Friday? Can they turn it around this week?

Never understood the 'pretend you're from one club, but talk incessantly about the one you're really from' idea. I know the average bigfooty user aint bright, but this is pre-school stuff.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As mentioned elsewhere, I am helping the good people of QAFF (Queensland Australian Football Forensics - check us out at www.q150.net.au) to write the 150-year history of Australian Football in Queensland. A mighty project nearing completion.
My personal area of focus includes the SQAFA/BAFL era.
I need your help! I am looking for "publishable" photos, particularly game day photos, from participating SQAFA/BAFL clubs of the 70s, 80s, & 90s. If you can assist, please feel free to contact me directly - or post here.
I am certain there are some classic photos out there waiting to be rediscovered.
Thanks for your help.

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Based on many of your "expert" opinions this year, I feel sorry for the Woodies and Jimboomba, now you've tipped them they are likely to lose.

Probably fair enough, had a few wrong calls this year.

Don't think I'm going out on a limb this week though, predicting teams that played each other this week with one-sided results, having the same result next week.

Back