2016 QFA NORTH

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
If an AFLQ employee instructed him to enter the arena and stop the game (as reported here) then you can hardly ping the president at the AFLQ tribunal for doing so!

Then again, it IS AFLQ...!

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
Yes, just commenting on what is reported here.

PRevious posts suggest the President called AFLQ. The AFLQ employee instructed the President to blow the sirem, stop the game and enter the field of play.

If he has done this, I find it hard to believe he could get penalised for it.

If there is more to it than that, then so be it. I can only comment on what was reported here.

BigE

Mar 9, 2008
Thats is right Big E, they lost their score up to the time of the head count because they had 19 men on the field and that's what the rules say should happen.

The report for the President was referred to the tribunal. Not sure if its been heard yet.

thats right sunnyman. people on here are confused about the two different rules. They keep quoting interchange infringement rule, which it was not

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
I was at that Pomona vs Pine Rivers GF a few years back - took the young fella along for a bit of local frivolity. The extra man had been playing for a good few minutes before it was recognised. And the scores were not taken back to zero.
Not sure people recognise that not ALL afl rules are followed in suburban comps to the letter.

sunnyman

Rookie
Aug 16, 2013
Nambour
I was at that Pomona vs Pine Rivers GF a few years back - took the young fella along for a bit of local frivolity. The extra man had been playing for a good few minutes before it was recognised. And the scores were not taken back to zero.
Not sure people recognise that not ALL afl rules are followed in suburban comps to the letter.
Well this rule is obviously followed here mate. And the umpires at this game knew the rule. Thats all that matters; I dont give a toss what variation of rules apply elsewhere in country. I reckon some of you blokes ought to come to grips with the fact that Caloundra f*cked up and there is a heavy price to pay for it.

From the boundary

Nov 6, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Clubs no doubt will acknowledge ANZAC Day this weekend

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

Have a good game gents

Thunderville

May 11, 2012
Bris Vegas
If an AFLQ employee instructed him to enter the arena and stop the game (as reported here) then you can hardly ping the president at the AFLQ tribunal for doing so!

Then again, it IS AFLQ...!
I highly doubt an AFLQ official informed a club official to storm the game and stop play. Imaginations are running a bit wild.

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
Caloundra president rang the AFLQ North co-ordinator straight away after it happened (about 15secs into the 4th quarter). AFLQ person told them to re-instate the scores immediately because the rules changed 2 years ago. Caloundra president went onto the field to talk to the umpires nicely (to start with), then when the umpires were being arrogant and rude he had a go at them. If they had allowed the match to go ahead with the scores put back to 0 and then made a decision after the match it would not have been fair. It was a simple mistake at 3qtr time and Aspley tried to take advantage of it. Then after the match only a single person from Aspley stuck around.
In regards to the umpiring for the whole match it was terrible both ways.

Mate from what ive been told by the President
He had aflq on the phone who told him to tell timekeeper to blow siren and stop the game.
The game was stopped president entered the field told umpire the rules, he was then red carded, play resumed then umpire stopped game himself 2-3 mins later went to scoreboard reinstated scores qtr played out and caloundra won by a few goals.

He

He was told by AFLQ to stop game and enter the field. Would you not if in his shoes?

just basing it on what was said in the above posts.

I wasn't there, so can only rely on those who were.

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Great game at weyba rd today. Tigers 40pts up late into Q2 but a 10 goal 3rd put maroochy in front by a couple at 3/4 time and they held on in the last. Great pre match by Noosa to recognise Anzac Day and as always a good crowd to watch 2 pretty good sides go at it.
Caloundra knocking Mayne off makes it an all Sunshine Coast affair in this comp to date.

Northside Nomad

Oct 6, 2015
GWS
Hornets by a "bees" today. Back to back premiers without a win to date. Very even comp...not ideal with the number of teams but everyone should be happy with the competitiveness with all involved.

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
I always said Mayne would fall off the other side quickly. Very reliant on a small band of gun players the last few years.

Daly gone to O&M. Housego and Faulkner semi-retired, but not contributing. Heffernan-Roper has another single season at a club, wins a flag and then dissappears.

Caleb Brown the only true gun player left thats not over the hill

tigerhawk

Apr 5, 2014
I always said Mayne would fall off the other side quickly. Very reliant on a small band of gun players the last few years.

Daly gone to O&M. Housego and Faulkner semi-retired, but not contributing. Heffernan-Roper has another single season at a club, wins a flag and then dissappears.

Caleb Brown the only true gun player left thats not over the hill
Well might as well book the holidays already...I think there is a long way to go yet in this season...6 team comp top 4 QFA North is a farce as has been discussed by all but it probably suits veteran "guns" just two months of good footy will jag a flag...17 of the premierishp 22 still on Mayne's list lets not go to early on the doom and gloom...

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Yeah agree Tigerhawk - and who knows what the time before June 30 will bring - occasionally a ral good player just rolls on in to a footy club too.

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
yes, you are probably right.

Given the nature of this comp and only having 6 teams.

Mayne really only have to beat the 2 stragglers to get into 4th and can just roll out their side late in the year and win it on the back of Housego, Faulkner and Brown.

No Daly or Heffernan-Roper will make it tougher though, some serious midfield grunt gone

abcd1

Rookie
May 1, 2015
Interesting to see that Nambour dropped down to the local Sunshine Coast division I had thought they had just folded. But currently 0-4 coming down from what I would expect is a stronger division than the Sunny coast league I thought they'd dominate. Kind of worrying to see the standard they are at you can see why they struggled in this comp.

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Interesting to see that Nambour dropped down to the local Sunshine Coast division I had thought they had just folded. But currently 0-4 coming down from what I would expect is a stronger division than the Sunny coast league I thought they'd dominate. Kind of worrying to see the standard they are at you can see why they struggled in this comp.

Dominate with last years group (maybe), nowhere near it when at least 50% of that team leave. T

Dinga_19

Mar 14, 2004
Tottenham Hotspur
My mail is dings is that the result was reversed NOT because of the 19 men but bc of the Caloundra officials that entered the playing arena and the behaviour associated with this. I still would argue that based on th competition rules for aflq that the wrong call was made it matters little now. In all honesty though, irrespective of who is correct it would be good if the aflq put a directive out explaining exactly what the ruling is so that if this situation was to happen again (and it will), that there is no confusion among umpires, officials and players.

The rules are stated very clearly in the afl and aflq. I'm not sure what more you want. The umpires handled it correctly and the aflq made the final decision. The only reason the game continued was because the Aspley coach talked with the caloundra coach and agreed to continue the game and let the hieracy figure the rest out later. At that stage the Aspley coach just wanted to win the game on it's merit.

If this was to happen again then the same procedure would happen except the game would be stopped i would assume now everyone is aware of the rules.

Dinga_19

Mar 14, 2004
Tottenham Hotspur
Seems like the competition is leveling out a little with just about every game being competitive. On the Aspley front, there are some very exciting young players that have come through the system that are combining with the others that have been in the system for a couple of years that have gotten stronger and matured as footballers. Got within 2 goals of maroochy at the weekend although some poor kicking probably costs Maroochy a bit.

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Yeah to a degree Dinga but credit to Aspley - they played the game out better than Maroochy and were very good. At nearly 8 goals up at 3/4 time it would have been expected that it could have ended in a 12-15 goal drubbing. But it didn't. You are right - the comp has eveneddd up a bit.

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Which is the silver lining to a 6 team comp. Just as good as having 8 teams that have 2 really uncompetitive sides. Think all 6 sides will be very much part of a revamped comp in 2017. No one looks like forfeiting games in this comp. Gee, Aspley have knocked over both Caloundra and Noosa in the past fortnight.