2016 QFA NORTH

Remove this Banner Ad

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spot on Big E - my mail was that the comp was given the green light this year bc of the relative evenness of the 6 teams. With Aspley's recent run of form and Mayne rolling Maroochy on the weekend then the final 4 isnt just a given and all sides will be pushing hard come the pointy end of the year. I think home ground advantage could play a role too bc from what i can see, most of the sides seem to be 4-6 goals better at home.

sportsfan123

Debutant
Dec 23, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spot on Big E - my mail was that the comp was given the green light this year bc of the relative evenness of the 6 teams. With Aspley's recent run of form and Mayne rolling Maroochy on the weekend then the final 4 isnt just a given and all sides will be pushing hard come the pointy end of the year. I think home ground advantage could play a role too bc from what i can see, most of the sides seem to be 4-6 goals better at home.
You're not wrong mate. Here we were thinking it was going to be repetitive and boring playing in a 6 team comp!

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Some interesting results again on the weekend - MB win their first game and Mayne knock over Caloundra, Roos in a tight one over Noosa. Not sure how the final 4 will pan out in this comp but in reality is a race of 4 clubs for 3 spots with Maroochy probably holding down one. Although this week will be important vs Caloundra.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great week for Caloundra with young Eric Hipwood debuting for the Lions. A Caloundra junior for most of his life this is where he has learnt his trade. They certainly roll them out do the Panthers - last week sam reid got back on the bus for GWS and now Eric. Goes with probably a dozen others that i can remember in the past 20 years - a pretty good hit rate.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Funny year - Maroochy cant beat Caloundra, Caloundra cant beat Noosa, Noosa cant beat Maroochy...
mayne have lost to all 3 but beaten all 3 I think. Finals series (assuming Aspley dont improve suddenly) will be very interesting.

From the boundary

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2012
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Melbourne
OK who is game, the last round is approaching with some speed.
My predictions are minor premiers will come down to the last game and Maroochydore will pip Mayne on percentage and Noosa will also pip Caloundra on percentages.
So Maroochydore play Mayne and Maroochydore progress to the Grand Final
Noosa play Caloundra
Mayne meets Noosa with Mayne progressing to the Grand Final
Bugger now Maroochydore play Mayne in Grand Final
My Kuhunas are not that big that I am will to tip this at the moment

LOL

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
After the weekends results you are tracking well FTB! I think home ground advantage will play a role now. Think Caloundra might host Noosa in 1st semi, Maroochy host Mayne in 2nd semi (Maroochy would have to lose to either Aspley or MB to give up top spot now bc % will save them even if beaten in final round).
Mayne are looking very good - haven't lost for a while i think.

Toucan Soup

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2006
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
As mentioned elsewhere, I am helping the good people of QAFF (Queensland Australian Football Forensics - check us out at www.q150.net.au) to write the 150-year history of Australian Football in Queensland. A mighty project nearing completion.
My personal area of focus includes the SQAFA/BAFL era.
I need your help! I am looking for "publishable" photos, particularly game day photos, from participating SQAFA/BAFL clubs of the 70s, 80s, & 90s. If you can assist, please feel free to contact me directly - or post here.
I am certain there are some classic photos out there waiting to be rediscovered.
Thanks for your help.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Couple of good games in the 2 semi finals this weekend with Caloundra hosting Noosa and a repeat of last weeks match at Fish rd between Maroochy and Mayne. Been fairly even between all 4 sides during the course of the year. Mayne haven't lost for 10 weeks or so, Caloundra have found it difficult to roll Noosa generally. Think they will both be very even contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QAFL_Fan

Club Legend
May 28, 2014
On the boundary
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Huge effort, not bad for a retired bloke to win the goal kicking again and his 3rd straight flag.

Must be slowing down a bit though, as I think he was 100 short of his 2014 winning tally!

QLD FOOTY

Rookie
Feb 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone setting up thread for the new comp? Would love to get peoples opinions and perhaps some player movements etc.

QLD FOOTY

Rookie
Feb 20, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone setting up thread for the new comp? Would love to get peoples opinions and perhaps some player movements etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back