3.Witherden
4.SPP
5.McGrath
6.McCluggage
7.Fisher
8.SPS
9.Parfitt
10.Florent

People rating English over Darcy have got some serious recency bias going on.
It's easy to let that creep in when Darcy is out injured and English is the new kid.
But if you compare 2017 - Barely 19 year old Darcy to Current turning 21 year old English, Darcy is still a head is a number of really important categories.
mWgX76J.png

The only area where English is in front is uncontested ball and it's kicking and marking indicators.
Agreed.
Im hoping Darcy cracks it with the lack of game time and asks for a trade. Would love him at Essendon.

1-Mcgrath
2-Taranto
3-Witheden. What a slider for Brisbane.
4-Fisher
5-Darcy
6-SPS
7-SPP
8-Berry
9-English
10-Parfitt
No Mccluggage? Has been seriously impressive this season. Would have him ahead of Witherden and Berry in terms of potential.

I think Carlton did really well in this draft. SPS and Fisher will both end up top 10, if not top 5 players of the draft. Fisher an absolute steal considering they where they picked him. A lot of people underrating SPS as well due to a mediocre output so far, but he has the skillset to be an elite mid, players like him don't grow on trees.

It's easy to let that creep in when Darcy is out injured and English is the new kid.
But if you compare 2017 - Barely 19 year old Darcy to Current turning 21 year old English, Darcy is still a head is a number of really important categories.
mWgX76J.png

The only area where English is in front is uncontested ball and it's kicking and marking indicators.

Darcy is ahead on hitouts and tackles and little else. And that’s mostly because he already weighs 112 kegs.

English is a far better mark. He’s also leagues above Darcy in terms of disposal. Genuinely polished user. Reflected in their K:H ratios. He also covers ground like a midfielder.

Darcy could evolve into a very good Mumford/Minson type player over time. English’s possible ceiling is higher than that imo.

No Mccluggage? Has been seriously impressive this season. Would have him ahead of Witherden and Berry in terms of potential.
Admittedly not seen a lot of your games this season, so much of it is based on 2017 and what I've seen this year.
If based on potential, then I'd have him top 5/6

Personally would prefer English both now and into the future, but Darcy is pretty good too.

Admittedly not seen a lot of your games this season, so much of it is based on 2017 and what I've seen this year.
If based on potential, then I'd have him top 5/6
Fair enough. The Mccluggage of 2017 is very different to the Mccluggage of 2018, he has improved dramatically this year and has added a few kg's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mWgX76J.png

Mate you must be joking...

One is a fat slow try hard the other is English lol

Tim needs 10kgs that will come over the next 2 years when it does watch out... runs a 14.2 beep

1-Witherton
2-Taranto
3-English--Just dont fins 207 cm onballers
4-Fisher
5-McCluggage
6-SPS
7-McGrath
8-Berry
9-Florent
10-Parfitt

1-Witherton
2-Taranto
4-Fisher
5-McCluggage
6-SPS
7-McGrath
8-Berry
9-Florent
10-Parfitt
English has looked very ordinary in the past games. Seems like Cameron Wood/Josh Fraser 3.0. You just don't use a first round pick on those stick shaped ruckmen who probably will never bulk up enough to be viable at the AFL level.

English has looked very ordinary in the past games. Seems like Cameron Wood/Josh Fraser 3.0. You just don't use a first round pick on those stick shaped ruckmen who probably will never bulk up enough to be viable at the AFL level.

Yeah Lions wasted a few top picks on string bean ruckmen- Wood,Berger & Longer. If they ever drafted another ruckman with a first rounder the fans would riot. Having said that English may be a very good player for the dogs.

Yeah Lions wasted a few top picks on string bean ruckmen- Wood,Berger & Longer. If they ever drafted another ruckman with a first rounder the fans would riot. Having said that English may be a very good player for the dogs.
Yeah agree. Thing is, when was the last time a high draft pick on a bean pole ruck has worked out?

Naitanui and ryder perhaps the only ones in the last 10 years? Grundy started at close to 100 kgs when he was drafted.

You can't just go like oh yeah im gonna gym heaps and eat heaps and ill grow 18 kgs easy...

Sean Darcy at late 2nd round has looked MUCH much better than English.

1-Witherton
2-Taranto
4-Fisher
5-McCluggage
6-SPS
7-McGrath
8-Berry
9-Florent
10-Parfitt
Whatever drugs you’re on I want some.

Mate you must be joking...

One is a fat slow try hard the other is English lol

Tim needs 10kgs that will come over the next 2 years when it does watch out... runs a 14.2 beep
I look forward to the 10+ years of Darcy crushing English in the ruck and at the contest.
I'm sure the couple extra uncontested possessions that could have just gone to the wingman will make up for it :^)

Loving the respect Fisher is getting in this thread, the kid was a steal at pick 27. I can't wait to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

Everyone underestimating my boy Simpkin sits just fine with me:

That's just a tiny snapshot of the things he's done in his 20 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back