Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
What were your thoughts on Jordan Ridley's season? Berry was a real improver too don't you think?

I hardly noticed him until I read here how highly rated he is... Every team has a back pocket type they think is under rated and the ball was there a lot.

Yes pretty much all the Lions youth players looks disturbingly good

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I hardly noticed him until I read here how highly rated he is... Every team has a back pocket type they think is under rated and the ball was there a lot.

Definitely not a back pocket but appreciate your thoughts nonetheless. Any other players from this draft you like the look of?

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Definitely not a back pocket but appreciate your thoughts nonetheless. Any other players from this draft you like the look of?

Between you and me I have a soft spot for jack Graham and am pretty stoked he signed long term.

Important week or two for him I hope he can step up against a great set of port mids (boak wines Rocky etc) in his native south Australia

Last edited:

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Gee you mustn’t rate Grimes very highly.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Between you and me I have a soft spot for jack Graham and am pretty stoked he signed long term.

Important week or two for him I hope he can step up against a great set of port mids (boak wines Rocky etc
Great insight as I expected. Any Non-Richmond players take your fancy?

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Great insight as I expected. Any Non-Richmond players take your fancy?

Like berry, the way zurhaar goes about it seems fairly good. I'd find a spot for him too I think.

I like kayle Kirby and stengle. I hope they are doing well.

Rioli I'd take too... all the rioli to tigerland IMHO

Narkle I'm not sure about and slightly worried by the richmond links.

Marshall seems ok.

Looks a good draft and I have a number of thoughts about it. Thank you for asking.

Last edited:

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Like berry, the way zurhaar goes about it is good. I'd find a spot for him too.

I like kayle Kirby and stengle. I hope the are doing well.

Rioli is take too, all the rioli to tigerland

Narkle I'm not sure about and slightly worries by the richmond links.

Marshall seems ok.

Looks a good draft and I have a number of thoughts about it. Thank you for asking.
Your knowledge of players outside Richmond is non-existent. Kayle Kirby hasn't been on an AFL list for 2 seasons.

Please never compare a Richmond player to a Non-Richmond player again

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Dont put words in my mouth. I did not try to counteract one argument with that. I stated he had 3 clangers to go with his 54% disposal efficiency.
3 clangers is nothing. Disposal efficiency is a nuffie stat, please never refer to it again. He was clearly one of the best on the ground.

Let's be clear, clangers are not turnovers.

Clangers are frees against, OOTF, fumbles, and other unforced errors. Yes, you want a player to avoid doing those things too, but they're not necessarily disposal errors.

Separate statistics are readily available on turnovers, effective kicks, and kicking efficiency, through FootyWire and AFL Stats Pro.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
On that note let's hope spp and toddy regress somewhat in the short term.

Todd Marshall is ridiculously overrated, and really behind schedule if he's ever going to be any sort of star.

Still very physically underdeveloped (both in strength and endurance) given he's has 4 years in the AFL system, and can't take a contested mark to save himself.

Similar to Eric Hipwood, what's the point of being a 6'6"+ forward, if you play like a 6'2" flanker?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like berry, the way zurhaar goes about it seems fairly good. I'd find a spot for him too I think.

I like kayle Kirby and stengle. I hope they are doing well.

Rioli I'd take too... all the rioli to tigerland IMHO

Narkle I'm not sure about and slightly worried by the richmond links.

Marshall seems ok.

Got to admit Marcel, you're very good at this game...

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Got to admit Marcel, you're very good at this game...
1602728756265.png

Marcel trying not to talk about tigers players...

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Your knowledge of players outside Richmond is non-existent. Kayle Kirby hasn't been on an AFL list for 2 seasons.

Please never compare a Richmond player to a Non-Richmond player again

I know the kid was delisted or retired. Just pointing out he's a talented excited guy and I like his style. Ditto stengle.

I hope this didn't cause you offence

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Marshall is ridiculously overrated, and really behind schedule if he's ever going to be any sort of star.

Still very physically underdeveloped (both in strength and endurance) given he's has 4 years in the AFL system, and can't take a contested mark to save himself.

Similar to Eric Hipwood, what's the point of being a 6'6"+ forward, if you play like a 6'2" flanker?

Port fans have been fairly savage in their toddy Marshal review

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Great to see Shai Bolton get another 2 coaches votes in the final v port

Shai and Clug leading all players from 2016 draft with 6 votes in the Leigh Matthews medal.

Amazing that Shai has been in the best players ( according to coaches ) in 2 of his 3 finals .

No surprise I am sure that he remains in my mind conservatively a clear top 5 pick in his draft yr.

Has a chance to be dual premiership player at 21 yrs old

Big game player.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Shai and Clug leading all players from 2016 draft with 6 votes in the Leigh Matthews medal.

Amazing that Shai has been in the best players ( according to coaches ) in 2 of his 3 finals .

No surprise I am sure that he remains in my mind conservatively a clear top 5 pick in his draft yr.

Big game player.
That’s a fair swing and a miss.

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond

Big game player.

Most brownlow votes too from his draft class? Not bad for not consistent bolts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back