Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Fisher looks like he’ll have a breakout year in the forward pocket after putting on a bit of muscle and size. Seems to have kept his speed and side step in the process.

Astute pick at 27.

What do you reckon freo will would offer

Not near as much as they would offer Clug. NO club in the comp would pay Bolton more than McCluggage. Not one. Honestly how many coaches would choose Bolton ahead of Clug? My strong opinion would be zero.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not near as much as they would offer Clug. NO club in the comp would pay Bolton more than McCluggage. Not one. Honestly how many coaches would choose Bolton ahead of Clug? My strong opinion would be zero.

How much do you think clug would be offered?

"My feeling is he won’t move from Tigerland. He will stay. He is a ripping kid and why would he want to go anywhere else. He has only just turned 22 and his breakout year is probably this year. He is a special player. He is just a beauty.”
On the open market Bolton would easily be worth $600,000 to a team that signed him on a long-term deal to add break-neck speed and goalkicking (15 goals in 2020) from the midfield."

I'd be surprised if dimma swapped them, after top5 b/f. In another flag winning season.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion . I don't think it is a simple as you make it.

If Jack Martin made $1 m last year jumping ship to the blues, Shai is worth more than that, much more

And as for how he matches up against clug, very similar in their value to their teams, and their potential future income from the game

Everyone is entitled to an opinion . I don't think it is a simple as you make it.

If Jack Martin made $1 m last year jumping ship to the blues, Shai is worth more than that, much more

And as for how he matches up against clug, very similar in their value to their teams, and their potential future income from the game
Martin’s deal was heavily front ended. I believe his payday was $1m in year 1 and then about half that in the years thereafter. You can’t compare the two.
Clug and Bolton however. You bet Dimma would be more than happy to swap the two even when you account for how ingrained Bolton may be in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much do you think clug would be offered?

"My feeling is he won’t move from Tigerland. He will stay. He is a ripping kid and why would he want to go anywhere else. He has only just turned 22 and his breakout year is probably this year. He is a special player. He is just a beauty.”
On the open market Bolton would easily be worth $600,000 to a team that signed him on a long-term deal to add break-neck speed and goalkicking (15 goals in 2020) from the midfield."

I'd be surprised if dimma swapped them, after top5 b/f. In another flag winning season.

If he got paid $600,000 a year, you are agreeing that he is not worth more than Clugga.

You are not seriously insinuating that J Martin is on 1 mil a year are you? You have to be better than that.

We are not comparing Martin to Bolton, we are comparing Clug to Bolton. Are you assuming that I think Martin is worth more than Shai? Not sure what point you are making by bringing up Martins contract? Has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation

Just on this again - you claim that Martin is on 1 mil a year and that Bolton would be worth ‘much more’ than that? I’m assuming that’s 1.2 mil a year minimum? 1.5 mil maybe? Id love if you could give me a rough number, so I have a better idea of your definition of ‘much more’.

It's factual j martin is initially on near 1m

Haha. “Initially” “Near”
Again, you have to do better.
I’m still not sure why J Martin entered the conversation and what his front loaded contract has to do with anything?

Haha. “Initially” “Near”
Again, you have to do better.
I’m still not sure why J Martin entered the conversation and what his front loaded contract has to do with anything?

I don't know cause it didn't write it. I'm assuming it's alluding to at least 1 team may offer Bolton a mega offer to aquire his unique services.

If jMartim can get near 2m/2years it wouldn't shock me if bolton could as he's a bigger talent

I don't know cause it didn't write it. I'm assuming it's alluding to at least 1 team may offer Bolton a mega offer to aquire his unique services.

If jMartim can get near 2m/2years it wouldn't shock me if bolton could as he's a bigger talent

Fair enough. I’m not disagreeing that Bolton wouldn’t demand a decent contract offer and personally I would much rather Bolton in my side than J Martin. Bolton has talent and I rate him as a player. I haven’t knocked him at all and really enjoy watching him.

The point I am disputing is that Bolton is worth as much/more than Clugga on the open market. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t the opinion of the majority of the football community.

On Bolton, he's not even the best Tiger from the 2016 Draft.

Jack is better than Bolton
Jack is more reliable than Bolton and Jack hurts the opposition more than Shai Bolton.

Jack Graham, that is.

Fisher looks like he’ll have a breakout year in the forward pocket after putting on a bit of muscle and size. Seems to have kept his speed and side step in the process.

Astute pick at 27.
I’ve always had a high opinion of Fisher and thought he’d always end up as a midfielder. Given the Blues personnel it makes sense he plays as a forward, has the potential to be one of the great small forwards of the comp, looked great last night and he’s a nice size now too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back