Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Big (and probably stupid) question for bombers fans, Do you think there is a chance that Draper could overtake McGrath and Ridley by the end of all their careers?
I can see them being in our top 3 most important players.

The order could change, but close to our 3 biggest hopes for the future.

Last edited:

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Not sure why you need to keep doing this, it really adds nothing to the discussion, and to be honest doesn't show you in a very positive light.

In any case, you seem amused by yourself, and I guess there is some utility in that.

carry on.
😂 when have you two added anything of value to the conversation? It’s well beyond a joke and nobody else here cares for your opinion because you’ve been beating the same boring drum repeatedly for a long time now. If Bolton plays a good game this weekend you’ll chime in with some stat twisted to suit your narrative and if he doesn’t play well we won’t hear from you.

In any case, you seem amused by yourself, and I guess there is some utility in that.

Carry on.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
Not sure why you need to keep doing this, it really adds nothing to the discussion, and to be honest doesn't show you in a very positive light.

carry on.

wow

ruined the thread you reckon ?

I barely post here anymore because there is no need, I was clearly correct in my view years ago, and i have let you slowly come to the realisations in your own time. You will get there I am sure, its inevitable.

You seem to be obsessed with me, and Shai Bolton as well. why do you keep tagging me and inviting me back to this thread, and then say I ruin it? This is rather bizarre behaviour don't you think? What exactly are you trying to achieve, other than confirm that you were wrong about Shai Bolton?

Mate give it a rest, and find someone else to harass.

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
1619054502052.png

Well this is a bit brilliant.

Seems you are at least self aware now. You really showed you.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
******* lol.

Are you going for irony here?

You and your buddy have ruined this thread by doing exactly what you are complaining about someone else doing in this post.

wow

ruined the thread you reckon ?

I barely post here anymore because there is no need, I was clearly correct in my view years ago, and i have let you slowly come to the realisations in your own time. You will get there I am sure, its inevitable.

You seem to be obsessed with me, and Shai Bolton as well. why do you keep tagging me and inviting me back to this thread, and then say I ruin it? This is rather bizarre behaviour don't you think? What exactly are you trying to achieve, other than confirm that you were wrong about Shai Bolton?

Mate give it a rest, and find someone else to harass.

View attachment 1108639

Well this is a bit brilliant.

Seems you are at least self aware now. You really showed you.

and the harassment and obsession continues.

Do you have time to do anything else other than obsess about me ?

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Got to say I was very disappointed with Bolton given the hype he gets. From what I saw tonight Shai was very ordinary. Very wasteful with opportunity. Seen a lot of footy but seemed very “deer in headlights” when he got the footy. Can’t see how anybody would have him in the top 10 of this great draft right now. Unless I’m missing something??

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Got to say I was very disappointed with Bolton given the hype he gets. From what I saw tonight Shai was very ordinary. Very wasteful with opportunity. Seen a lot of footy but seemed very “deer in headlights” when he got the footy. Can’t see how anybody would have him in the top 10 of this great draft right now. Unless I’m missing something??

Lol

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
3 goals 20+ touches and a human highlights reel. What do you expect after your shocking take
Sorry my man I was under the impression it was completely acceptable to base my rankings off one game, knee-jerk reactions and chime in when it suits my narrative.

My bad

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
McCluggage up to equal second in the coaches votes and is quite likely on 10-12 Brownlow votes at this point. Feel he has gone up a gear in the last 5 rounds. Still playing mostly wing, but attending more centre bounces this year and looks set to take over as Brisbane's most influential midfielder with Neale out for an extended period. I thought he had stalled a little in his progress with others including McGrath, Simpkin and Bolton making ground on him last year. But he has put a little gap on those players IMHO this year. Consistently putting up big numbers to match the inside types in Toaranto, McGrath and Simpkin and providing seriously eye catching moments like Bolton each and every game.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
McCluggage up to equal second in the coaches votes and is quite likely on 10-12 Brownlow votes at this point. Feel he has gone up a gear in the last 5 rounds. Still playing mostly wing, but attending more centre bounces this year and looks set to take over as Brisbane's most influential midfielder with Neale out for an extended period. I thought he had stalled a little in his progress with others including McGrath, Simpkin and Bolton making ground on him last year. But he has put a little gap on those players IMHO this year. Consistently putting up big numbers to match the inside types in Toaranto, McGrath and Simpkin and providing seriously eye catching moments like Bolton each and every game.

They clug has been incredible this season, standing up in big games with Neale out

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

Zero players I pick ahead of Clug from this draft. Great post

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Zero players I pick ahead of Clug from this draft. Great post

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stewart has the runs on the board with 2 AA's but McCluggage is leading the chasing pack - having an amazing year.

Lots from this draft had cracking games on the weekend:

McCluggage - 30 and a goal
Tarranto - 35
Stewart - 25 & 9 marks
Simpkin - 30 and a goal
Bolton - 22 and 3 goals
Florent - 26 and 2 goals
McGrath - 29
Bowes - 30
Daicos - 27 and a goal

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Taranto is who i would've liked in hindsight.

1 more hit in this draft would've made it awesome for us. Andy, Ridley & Draper should have long careers.
It’s still too tight to decide whether we made the right call or not. If Andy is a lesser player than McCluggage and Taranto it isn’t by a large enough margin to regret the pick.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s still too tight to decide whether we made the right call or not. If Andy is a lesser player than McCluggage and Taranto it isn’t by a large enough margin to regret the pick.
Also depends if he goes on to be a future captain as well. From memory wasnt leadership a big thing with McGrath? Still a long way to go in their careers

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Also depends if he goes on to be a future captain as well. From memory wasnt leadership a big thing with McGrath? Still a long way to go in their careers
Andy has the next captain role all but sewn up. Very level headed lad, a “non-dickhead”, speaks very well and is already someone that the draftees coming into the club look up to even though he’s still relatively young himself.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Andy has the next captain role all but sewn up. Very level headed lad, a “non-dickhead”, speaks very well and is already someone that the draftees coming into the club look up to even though he’s still relatively young himself.

Would have Zac Merrett before McGrath.

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None

don't think so mate

Mcgrath has shown he is clearly inferior to both Clug and Taranto.

Im sure Dodoro would change his pick if he had his time again.

Mcgrath is a good honest player, but he lacks star power

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
McGrath is a nice guy, and the sort of player clubs love rolling out on Family Day, but not a natural footballer and not on the same level as McCluggage. Taranto is comfortably a superior player too.

Probably just scrapes into the Top 10, but Essendon hit pretty big with Ridley so they’d be content.

Back