Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
“Whoops”

https://www.runnersworld.com/perfor...thon-gold-medalist-gets-4-year-ban-for-doping

The 2016 Rio Olympics women’s marathon champion will not have the opportunity to defend her title at the 2020 Games. Jemima Sumgong was handed a four-year suspension from competition on Monday from the Anti-Doping Agency of Kenya.

According to the decision, Sumgong, 32, took EPO, an illegal blood-boosting hormone, then told officials she had been given the substance in February by an unnamed doctor at a hospital in Kenya for treatment of an ectopic pregnancy (when a fertilized egg attaches itself outside the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube).

A doping tribunal rejected her claims and called Sumgong’s explanation “inconsistent at best.” The ban’s start date is April 3, 2017, when her positive test was announced by the International Association of Athletics Federations. She waived her right to have a “B” sample tested, instead offering her story of medical treatment as her defense.

Sumgong was the first Kenyan woman to win an Olympic marathon and the EPO was detected through an unannounced test by the IAAF as part of a program supported by the World Marathon Majors (WMM) organization, the coalition of races that put on the Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, and New York City marathons.

A written statement from Nick Bitel, general counsel to the World Marathon Majors, said that Sumgong has 21 days to appeal the anti-doping agency’s decision. If there’s no appeal or the decision is confirmed, her standings in the marathon majors will be annulled and Florence Kiplagat will be the winner of last year’s series.

“Sumgong would also be banned from all Abbott World Marathon Majors races for life,” the statement said. “We are determined to make marathon running a safe haven from doping. In addition to testing operated by the IAAF and national federations, Abbott WMM has set up one of the largest private testing pool of athletes in the sport, with the aim of testing 150 competitors out of competition a minimum of six times a year.”

Sumgong also won the 2016 London Marathon despite a late-race fall at an aid station. She placed second at the 2014 New York City Marathon and was runner up at the 2013 Chicago Marathon. At the 2014 Boston Marathon she placed third.

At the 2012 Boston Marathon, she placed second and tested positive for prednisolone (a steroidal anti-inflammatory) in her drug test. She was give a two-year competition ban but appealed the decision and won.

Sumgong’s agent, Federico Rosa, was arrested in July in Kenya, charged with six counts of doping athletes, including alleged involvement with Rita Jeptoo, Sumgong’s former training partner who is now also serving a drug suspension. The charges were eventually dropped against Rosa, he was released on bail, and he denied any wrongdoing.

When asked after the Olympic marathon to respond to the suspicion surrounding her race performances, Sumgong was adamant that she had not doped.

“With the Kenyan athletes we are sure we are clean,” Sumgong said in Rio. “Myself, I’m sure I am clean.”

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond

usually this is when the race walker from geelong jared tallent pipes up and expresses a wish to accept his medal at fed square... get ferked, they all dope at the level, does not mean they are poor folk of nefarious character, unless their name is dc dave culbert whose mug shot one will find in the h entry in the macquarie dictionary for hypocrite, keeps banging on about the essendon 'scandal', and dank and charters* i had to pluralise shane charters because he has become larger than life, a definite article, definite noun, The Shane Charters. like your grandmom said myers instead of myer department store. lets go to myers without the ownership apostrophe. Shane Charters ftw

/grammar

Lance Uppercut

usually this is when the race walker from geelong jared tallent pipes up and expresses a wish to accept his medal at fed square... get ferked, they all dope at the level, does not mean they are poor folk of nefarious character, unless their name is dc dave culbert whose mug shot one will find in the h entry in the macquarie dictionary for hypocrite, keeps banging on about the essendon 'scandal', and dank and charters* i had to pluralise shane charters because he has become larger than life, a definite article, definite noun, The Shane Charters. like your grandmom said myers instead of myer department store. lets go to myers without the ownership apostrophe. Shane Charters ftw

/grammar

Lance Uppercut
Yeah we know, they ALL do it, it doesn't make them bad people blah blah blah. I just hope they ALL get caught doing it. It's called cheating for a reason.

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton

/grammar

Lance Uppercut

They have every right to bang on about drugs cheats, unless you approve of cheating. Call the cheats out.

Jared's originally from Ballarat but now lives in Adelaide. Never lived in Geelong. Thoroughly deserved his gold medal as Russian doping was systematic and state sponsored. That's why the whole country is banned by the IAAF.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
They have every right to bang on about drugs cheats, unless you approve of cheating. Call the cheats out.

Jared's originally from Ballarat but now lives in Adelaide. Never lived in Geelong. Thoroughly deserved his gold medal as Russian doping was systematic and state sponsored. That's why the whole country is banned by the IAAF.
bullshit. he plays the game too. They have to.

Read Werner Reiterer's tome Positive!, actually, it aint that thick, so it is not a thick book, so it is not a tome, it is more an athletics tomb
upload_2017-11-17_18-25-5.jpeg
upload_2017-11-17_18-25-20.jpeg

RussellEbertHandball B0ydmaniac

bullshit. he plays the game too. They have to.

Read Werner Reiterer's tome Positive!, actually, it aint that thick, so it is not a thick book, so it is not a tome, it is more an athletics tomb
View attachment 438009View attachment 438010
RussellEbertHandball B0ydmaniac

And it ended up being a tome for Reiterer - The saddest thing is people like Jenny call out liars and cheats, yet Werner who 'told the truth' was called out for being a liar - Hypocrites ? There are more than a few Culbert's in the world.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
And it ended up being a tome for Reiterer - The saddest thing is people like Jenny call out liars and cheats, yet Werner who 'told the truth' was called out for being a liar - Hypocrites ? There are more than a few Culbert's in the world.
I have a softspot for jenny61_99 , so she is ok as cap'n of the #succourmom team.

yaco55 should have heard, you should have heard Danny Frawley, and Radar Andy Maher, and Campbell Brown on SEN breakfast yesterday morning talking about PEDs in sport, how disappointed 'Spud' was in Lance Armstrong, and Campbell Brown never seeing any roids in footy, major lolza, Bohdan Babijczuk never got his speed sorted in y12 at Scotch, thru anything other than vitamins. tous, tout, tous dope. They do a cognitive dissonance, or a doublespeak on the definition of testing positive. NB. Michel Ferrari's definition of 'positive', "if it does not show up, it is not doping". :D

So Hird, Scott West, Simon Garlick, Darcy, they only used Charters* for 'vitamins'? Woewodin only thanked Charters* on the Brownlow acceptance speech for his vitamins? lolza.

They are all champion footballers, and should be remembered so. I dont care if they do a few <cough cough> 'vitamins', just like Armstrong gamed the system and was roided up and used the O2 vector methods, epo etc. Armstrong, like Bradman, may be the best ever competitor in world sport, if 'competition' qua competition was the metric. Bradman was not than much better a raw specimen as a batsman, his true talent lied between his ears, and his competitive DNA. Armstrong similar. If you think the Don would not have used available methods when his competitors were using, you are daft. #Jenny61 would agree with me here.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-a-coach-sacked-hire-bohdan-babijczuk.342330/
http://demonland.com/forums/topic/13231-bohdan-babijczuk-interview-on-sen/

I cant be bothered finding the clip in the 40minutes, but Don Scott said 'we knew who at Hawthorn was on stuff" **words to that effect. Scott would have been talking 70s. NB. nothing was illegal then in the VFL. In the NRL the first roids positive was early 70s. ChampionData Ted Hopkins talked of brown pills when he started at Carlton late 60s. NB. this are not axiomatically poor people of nefarious character Jenny61, they are just professional sportsmen where one metric resides, the W. nothing else matters. See: grand final day, and grown men crying. See: Nick Reiwoldt injured and crying. All that matters is a W. and the glory ensuing.

*Shane Charter, is always referred to as Charters, the plural. Just, Charters. Like Myer-GraceBros is... Myers.

#Poe's_law and some not #Poe's_law

#EdgarAllanPoe ftw

funniest is when Matt Barber enters the fray and starts posting on the FigBooty about West Coast being clean during his time there. West Coast were a decade behind the East Coast and Hawks etc. p'raps two decades. Dont bring a gun to a knife fight, no... my analogy supposed to be inverted. They had to meet roscoes with similar pharmaceuticals, as if they were doing it on their lonesome in the VFL. They were two decades behind the enhancement on the east coast. think his dormant account is something like @ MattBarber, and I thought Jai Turima just was using a fillup of a home olympics in 2000. Little whippersnapper me was naive innit. tous, tout, tous. That is French for 'all', everyone. #francaise

yaco55

Last edited:
As usual Blackcat you summed it up beautifully - I heard the Frawley interview with Matt Keenan - I fell off my chair when Frawley described he was a 'Lance Armstrong Weekend Warrior' and how he was devastated when Armstrong was busted - By chance a few days later, listened to a long interview with Matt White on the Cycling Podcast - Matt pulled no punches saying he started doping as he turned pro for an Italian team in 1998 - This interview showed the drive and determination White had to make it as a pro - Anyway, White made one pertinent comment that will reach the hearts of the 'soccer mums' like Frawley - Described how 'Australian's are naive when it comes to professional sport and like to believe everything is snow white.'

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
As usual Blackcat you summed it up beautifully - I heard the Frawley interview with Matt Keenan - I fell off my chair when Frawley described he was a 'Lance Armstrong Weekend Warrior' and how he was devastated when Armstrong was busted - By chance a few days later, listened to a long interview with Matt White on the Cycling Podcast - Matt pulled no punches saying he started doping as he turned pro for an Italian team in 1998 - This interview showed the drive and determination White had to make it as a pro - Anyway, White made one pertinent comment that will reach the hearts of the 'soccer mums' like Frawley - Described how 'Australian's are naive when it comes to professional sport and like to believe everything is snow white.'
love Matt White. think he is equivalent to Clarko, and the Melbourne Storm coach, and the other Newcastle Nights coach who coached Brisbane. As I call him, #mattWhitegenius. He gets the best bang for the buck, I hope #JaycoGerry knows how much he is worth. I rate him with Clarko, to emphasise.

But, @Yaco's point, I think... without putting words in his mouth.

Yaco was saying cycling aint any different to any other professional sport. Or... am I the only one saying that? The pedagogy, we are socially engineered almost from birth, for the succour mom[sic] sportsmanship and drugs = bad. But the reality does not play that out. I have my own position on doping in sport.

I reckon anything choreographed for TV is a business, that fills the pockets of Demetriou et al. He was on what, 2mill. And he really had no competition in the southern states.

Sport is something other than a tv entertainment where ratings and wins count. Sport is a weekend activity you can take your children to, where it is not a life and death matter. That is my position on doping. The TV, I can respect Armstrong, at once, and Betsy Andreu also, if one knows the backstory, I am not being too cute and tapdancing and doing a dichotomy alliterationz

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
'soccer mums' like Frawley - Described how 'Australian's are naive when it comes to professional sport and like to believe everything is snow white.'

succour moms[sic] the portmanteu of a peculiarly American idiom of soccer mum, they spell it with an "o". and me switching the spelling to a phonetic pun from macquarie dictionary innit.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/succour
succor

[suhk-er]
noun
help; relief; aid; assistance.
a person or thing that gives help, relief, aid, etc.
verb (used with object)
to help or relieve.​

Ofcourse Saints during his time took major gear. Stewie Lowe was about 6'4" and 235lbs. In cycling parlance, #NOTnormal. Spida Everitt was on the Footy Show when that Footscray cheat Justin Charles was popped for that steroid Boldirone or something Zgope1 #Poe's_law. Spida Everitt said. verbatim, "why did he not use an oral steroid?". Just like Swannie tweeting "too smart, can't catch me" when testers bothering him at 7am? Who is Dusty's counsel currentely alliterationz? Did his counsel just win the Chas?

There was a reason Spida knew about oral v IV half-life(s).

*ofcourse Justin Charles was a Richmond player, who had been delisted, then went to play DIII baseball in the states, then went to Richmond, and bingo, he was a favourite for Chas in September! Guess who was his dealer? Scuttlebut was his dealer, may, or may not have won a Chas, may, or may not have been the brother of a bodybuilder on Channel31, and, may or may not be the father of a current AFL player. Is there a team called Footscray? But that is scuttlebut.

Ofcourse, Charles never won the Chas, he never got to thank Charters on the podium to Bruce.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
also yaco55 Campbell Brown said he was tested 12 times in one season. absolute bullshit CB. champion footballer, good pugilist, not so good liar. :D

He was not tested a dozen times in one season innit, that is an overreach. Should have learned from the spooks and their limited hangout, the dissembling and specious quality needs to be couched in credibility. Just like Churchill sent the Germans to Belgium when they had their D-Day landing at Dunkirk. You need to make the feint credible. The subterfuge and ruse needs to be credible to be believed, otherwise, you are giving a heads-up you are bullshitting.

Danny Frawley, never seeing roids, I saw nothin!!!, again, an overreach. Which makes me think a cognitive dissonance and guilty conscience.

folks dope, folks need to get over it. Lance Armstrong was a champion, Betsy could also respect that. He had to crush people, and that is pro sport, it is not nice-nice succour mom 101 fairplay and sportsmanship. Never was.

Last edited:

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe Brown slipped the one in front of the two - Maybe thought he was counting 1,2,3 .... Brown would be lucky to be tested two times a year.
Indeed, such bare faced lies are the poker tell re: the opposite is the actual case.

NB. Yaco and I are not judging and libelling athletes we are doing the exact opposite and respect them for their toil, work ethic, talent and competitive zeal.

I can’t see why I’m labelled a hypocrite for my stance on drugs in sport? I’m against it, pure and simple. Don’t even like them getting pain killers to go back on. I loved the ideal of Olympic sports putting athlete against athlete - purely physical contests without the aide of pharmaceuticals. It wasn’t until Ben Johnson was done that it dawned on me that they were all (or a great portion of them) were doing it. Lost all interest then. My fear for these (mostly young men) is the effect these substances would have on them. Naively, I thought the introduction of WADA and our adoption of its principals would see us return to the ideal. Alas, it just meant the teams tried to be a step ahead of the testers. Contrary to your oft decreed stance, I dont believe they are nefarious nor necessarily “bad” people. However in my eyes they lack integrity. They are cheating and I personally don’t like cheats. They can keep drugging to their hearts content... but I won’t be watching or celebrating their “achievements”. I’m still not convinced AFL clubs are systematically doping their players (ala Essendon) but if I ever found out my Club was, I’d walk away.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I can’t see why I’m labelled a hypocrite for my stance on drugs in sport? I’m against it, pure and simple. Don’t even like them getting pain killers to go back on. I loved the ideal of Olympic sports putting athlete against athlete - purely physical contests without the aide of pharmaceuticals. It wasn’t until Ben Johnson was done that it dawned on me that they were all (or a great portion of them) were doing it. Lost all interest then. My fear for these (mostly young men) is the effect these substances would have on them. Naively, I thought the introduction of WADA and our adoption of its principals would see us return to the ideal. Alas, it just meant the teams tried to be a step ahead of the testers. Contrary to your oft decreed stance, I dont believe they are nefarious nor necessarily “bad” people. However in my eyes they lack integrity. They are cheating and I personally don’t like cheats. They can keep drugging to their hearts content... but I won’t be watching or celebrating their “achievements”. I’m still not convinced AFL clubs are systematically doping their players (ala Essendon) but if I ever found out my Club was, I’d walk away.
#61_99 I am not labelling you an idiot, I am quite the fan of yours,

#Jennyandthesuccoumoms ftw
#Poes_law

I suggest that once you became an adult and learnt how sport works, then if you were fair dinkum about cheating, then you would stop watching sport - You suggest that if AFC was 'cheating' then you would give up footy - Well if you had a twinge of regret and wanted to support local footy, then forget it - Doping occurs at all levels of sport - For your information the first recorded doping case was Hicks who won the 1904 Men's marathon at St Louis Olympic Games - Information about doping is in the public domain if you choose to search - Or you could read the book 'spittin in the soup' which has a treasure trove of doping information - Or just use google

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
I suggest that once you became an adult and learnt how sport works, then if you were fair dinkum about cheating, then you would stop watching sport - You suggest that if AFC was 'cheating' then you would give up footy - Well if you had a twinge of regret and wanted to support local footy, then forget it - Doping occurs at all levels of sport - For your information the first recorded doping case was Hicks who won the 1904 Men's marathon at St Louis Olympic Games - Information about doping is in the public domain if you choose to search - Or you could read the book 'spittin in the soup' which has a treasure trove of doping information - Or just use google
Cyclingnews forum or subforum 'the clinic' is easily the best clearinghouse

Cyclingnews forum or subforum 'the clinic' is easily the best clearinghouse

Yeah - You get some quality work mixed low quality work - And there's more than one conspiracy theory in The Clinic.

blackcat

Dec 29, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
heck, plus the former AIS blood scientist, blood boffin alliterationz sounds better, Robin Parisotto, and him talking about athletes requiring dental braces*** when they had straight enough teeth 'outside of Hollywood'*

*that is my licence

yaco55 did you see my Cavendish thread on the teeth braces on cyclingnewsTheClinic?

@SallyMClelland and @JanaPitman also had their hurdling iteration of braces

I preferred her with the maiden-name MClelland alliterationz pre-Pearson more alliterationz and #Poe's_law *PJK reference to Dr Brendan Nelson and his earstud

***Sally had the invisalignTM

RussellEbertHandball

Last edited:

NoAFLinmycomp

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Central District
The best thread is the soccer thread: "doping in football", that tells you all you need to know, together with the Matt White quote and the book "Spit in the Soup"
And on all thongs soccer, then there were the mass-FIFA-sackings-all-round when their integrity group went after Vitaly off the back of a likely second round of info, out of WADA's McLaren Report.

That was one massive carpet - lots of fresh bodies being swept underneath.

Did McLaren/WADA provide the info last week?

Aeglos

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Riverpigs
Maybe Brown slipped the one in front of the two - Maybe thought he was counting 1,2,3 .... Brown would be lucky to be tested two times a year.

Unless the AFL knew he was clean.
Looks a lot better for anti-doping in your sport if he can say you’ve got X amount of negative tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back