2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I would love the Weeman Caleb to win the Rising Star I genuinely think Parish has been outstanding. He has basically after Goddard been the main midfield player at the Bombers. Very impressive first season and hopefully a ray of light for the staunch Essendon faithful.

I'd love Caleb to get the award but Weitering is playing as a virtual no 1 KPD in a side that can turn the ball over and leak goals, what he has achieved is beyond what the stats say. Massive effort.

As much as I would love the Weeman Caleb to win the Rising Star I genuinely think Parish has been outstanding. He has basically after Goddard been the main midfield player at the Bombers. Very impressive first season and hopefully a ray of light for the staunch Essendon faithful.
By after Goddard, I hope you mean after Z Merrett and Zaharakis (who has struggled with a tag recently)

Dunkley should have got it in week 3.. 2 Goals 24 possessions 82%....

His 27 touches where all class Saturday..

Have 2 pinch myself thinking we have..

Daniel
Dunkley
McLean
Williams

All looking like 200 game players again from the draft..

Daniel has to win Rising star to make up for the blunder that was Bonti loosing... :)

By after Goddard, I hope you mean after Z Merrett and Zaharakis (who has struggled with a tag recently)
I meant I believe after Goddard that Parish has been your second most influential pure mid. Merrett has had a fantastic year but he is not purely a midfielder is he? He splits time between midfield and forward line, I might be misguided in that opinion. It just seems to me he plays often as a roving half forward.
As far as Zaka goes, I think Parish is way ahead of him because he is prepared to get his own ball. He is good inside and out, Zaka is a good outside mid but he doesn't do a lot of heavy lifting in my view.
You have a beauty in Parish, really good draft pick.
Edit: How much time does BJ play in the midfield these days?

Dunkley should have got it in week 3.. 2 Goals 24 possessions 82%....

His 27 touches where all class Saturday..

Have 2 pinch myself thinking we have..

Daniel
Dunkley
McLean
Williams

All looking like 200 game players again from the draft..

Daniel has to win Rising star to make up for the blunder that was Bonti loosing... :)
That was a massive blunder. Ripped off to be honest.

I meant I believe after Goddard that Parish has been your second most influential pure mid. Merrett has had a fantastic year but he is not purely a midfielder is he? He splits time between midfield and forward line, I might be misguided in that opinion. It just seems to me he plays often as a roving half forward.
As far as Zaka goes, I think Parish is way ahead of him because he is prepared to get his own ball. He is good inside and out, Zaka is a good outside mid but he doesn't do a lot of heavy lifting in my view.
Yeah, nah. Parish has played forward quite a bit and Zach's been basically as pure a mid as you'll get. Goddard has floated around a bit as he tends to do and Zaka's first half of the season was an inside/outside split (think Dangerfield lite) where he was dominating (relative to the support he's got)

Edit: How much time does BJ play in the midfield these days?
Well Goddard has played mid/HB for the most part. Merrett is spending more time in the midfield as shown by his 29 disposal average. Zaka has the most clearences at the club and 2nd most contested possessions at the club, so your view is pretty misguided.

Yeah, nah. Parish has played forward quite a bit and Zach's been basically as pure a mid as you'll get. Goddard has floated around a bit as he tends to do and Zaka's first half of the season was an inside/outside split (think Dangerfield lite) where he was dominating (relative to the support he's got)
Fair enough I will concede to Essendon supporters. I do like the fact that Parish wins his own ball and is fantastic in traffic as well as being composed with the ball in space. We can forgive his kick across goal against St Kilda, he is a fantastic talent.

Fantasia has had 42 shots on goal in the bottom team.

I'm not too sure that's a stat you'd want to be parading about given only half of those are goals.

The old adage -- poor kicking is poor football.

Good player though. Good Norwood lad

Fantasia has had 42 shots on goal in the bottom team.

22 in the last 4 weeks.

Its funny, i think if fantasia had stayed at halfback all year he would be getting talked about as a contender, and if he had played as a small forward all year he would be getting talked about as a contender, but becuase he has played as both his average stats don't really reflect how consistently good he has been

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunks or Raz this week.

Fantasia has put a few good games in a row together but Dunkley has played several good games throughout the year and missed out.

Either would be fine by me.

Fantasia this week as he has more runs on the board, although if Dunkley gets it it's not like Fantasia has been ripped off after a game like he had.
Whoever doesn't get it will very likely get a nomination before the season is finished anyway

22 in the last 4 weeks.

Its funny, i think if fantasia had stayed at halfback all year he would be getting talked about as a contender, and if he had played as a small forward all year he would be getting talked about as a contender, but becuase he has played as both his average stats don't really reflect how consistently good he has been

Wow 22 is that the most over the last 4 weeks In the comp? Doubt many players have had more.

Absolute star is Fantasia.

Fantasia might be up for a late run at the rising star.
i thought 3 goals would be enough for him to stay in contention.
One more bag of 3+ and i think he'll get the award.
He'd be one of the oldest to win it in recent years (3rd year player), but deserving.

Sicily has stepped up in a big way at the Hawks too.

i thought 3 goals would be enough for him to stay in contention.
One more bag of 3+ and i think he'll get the award.
He'd be one of the oldest to win it in recent years (3rd year player), but deserving.

Sicily has stepped up in a big way at the Hawks too.

Can't see Fantasia winning. Not enough hype and while his goal scoring has been excellent none of his other stars seats jump off the page at the selectors.

Can't see Fantasia winning. Not enough hype and while his goal scoring has been excellent none of his other stars seats jump off the page at the selectors.
stats smats.
He has been a massive impact on our games. Dash and link up early in the season. Then turning into a dangerous small forward.

Its why i like Sicily for it too. He hasn't been outstanding with the numbers, but he gives the hawks a target to crash packs and let their smalls do the scoreboard damage.
And he jags some good ones too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back