2016 SANFL GF Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the history in the hate for wwt?
I have no idea, sorry, but it's intriguing

On LG-H850 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two words

"Eagles Raffle"

Seriously, I am happy to buy other clubs raffle tickets no matter where I am but that guy, screaming at the top of his voice, 1 metre behind you deserved a kick in the dick...and that's why I hate the Eagles.

I always thought it was a pointless merger tbh. Pointless and premature.

And every jumper they have had has sucked. They should wear an old Woodville jumper for home games and an old Torrens jumper for away games.

c8c5be0ee64526e0286f91912130609b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You're right. Blue and green should never be seen

I like the old guernseys though especially with the big eagle

peckers.jpg eagles1.jpg

Attachments

• eagles.jpg
    eagles.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 10
What's the history in the hate for wwt?
I have no idea, sorry, but it's intriguing

On LG-H850 using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a Centrals supporter, for me it's more a strong rivalrly than actual hatred stemming from numerous Grand Finals in the 2000's.

Also, the Eagles have the equivalent of Port Power when it comes to record finals loses (they lost the 2004 Grand Final to Centrals by 125 points, and that was 2 weeks after losing to Centrals by 2 points in the 2nd semi final and both minor round games being decided by single digit margins - one win each).

To the Eagles credit, they are one SANFL club that are doing some great things in terms of local community engagement, especially with the diverse cultures that call that part of Adelaide home.

As for today's game, they are starting to develop a bit of a chokers tag when it comes to Grand Finals. The Reserves had lost 1 game in the past 2 seasons prior to today's loss, and it was the 2nd straight GF loss for them where they went into the game as hot favourites. While it was their 10th GF in 26 seasons as a merged entity, they've got a 3-10 record in GF's (only Glenelg has a worse GF record).

Last edited:
Sturt too slow, not much intensity. But I am comparing this to Sydney's last two finals games.

honestly it makes you realise the gap between the leagues.
there's been a lot of tidy work but a lot of scrubbers too and not much intensity.
tell you what though, doesn't take long to realise how much better the umpires are.

Sturt a shadow of the team that beat us last week. Maybe that was their Grand Final.

So far off the mark both of you. I was there and our pressure on the ball carrier was immense today. And our running game was very good. And we were vastly superior in the air. Absolutely deserving of this premiership.

So far off the mark both of you. I was there and our pressure on the ball carrier was immense today. And our running game was very good. And we were vastly superior in the air. Absolutely deserving of this premiership.
huh? Nothing to do with deserving it or not mate.

the first quarter was being played in slow motion compared to the game up at Spotless last night, don't think you can dispute that. To say the SANFL is not as high a standard as the AFL is no insult :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was closer to 4 to 1 where I was in the west. most were older than me too.

Choice of Mental as Anything was interesting as most under 40 wouldn't know who they were and similar with the over 60 crowd.

Two words

"Eagles Raffle"

Seriously, I am happy to buy other clubs raffle tickets no matter where I am but that guy, screaming at the top of his voice, 1 metre behind you deserved a kick in the dick...and that's why I hate the Eagles.
GEDYEREGLESRAFFLERE

Wish I'd recorded the game yesterday. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a DVD from somewhere. Feels just as good the morning after the night before. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since the final siren. Go you Double Blues!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Certainly a better spectacle than the VFL GF which I was watching between breaks (only found I could stream 7 Mate Adelaide via my mobile at qtr time - what a bonus!). Sturt's manic pressure was the difference - the number of tackles they laid and they always seemed to have an extra number at the fall of the ball. Our Crows could do worse than watch that sort of intensity - was almost Sydney-like, which makes sense given Mattner's pedigree. Must've been nice for Marty as he was nearly BOG in the 2002 GF win from memory.

Can only go by what you see at the time. Sturt started off slowly against the Crows, but came back as the game progressed. Same thing happened yesterday. They did seem very slow and hesitant to start with. I was comparing them with Sydney's starts, which were manic.

I thought Sturt's intensity was excellent but they were let down by their skills. I said during the game that they would be well in front if they hit their targets on the spread early. Eagles looked insipid up front .... for the second GF in a row. Sturt always looked like they could kick enough goals once they tidied up their kicking.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

New girlfriend?
I thought it was Deaneus son's birthday :D.

My grandfather and father were huge Eagles fans.

According to my father, West Torrens had a strong following back in the dark ages but only won 4 flags, the last one in 1953. The introduction of Woodville in 1964 condemned them to mediocrity and they never played in another grand final until they merged. I suspect that you will find ex-Eagles supporters were over-represented amongst Crows supporters when we were formed (finally they could support a team that wouldn't go more than 20 years between grand final appearances :rolleyes:). The similar lack of success for Woodville FC meant there was not a strong appetite for the merged entity.

Wish I'd recorded the game yesterday. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up a DVD from somewhere. Feels just as good the morning after the night before. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face since the final siren. Go you Double Blues!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
Available on the Channel 7 website here mate.

Jarrad Leinert looks an interesting player 196cm wingman/2nd ruck and according to the radio elite skills, does anyone think he's draftable and would his skills translate to AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back