JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
What a laugh, neither could see a way fwd for us & Barrett wrote us off at twice this yr incl this doozy after just rd 2 https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-29/sliding-doors-round-two. it's amazing how little the media actually know about the sport they write & talk about every day & are even paid to do so... What it shows is the media simply do not see the bigger picture & only the day to day.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
What a laugh, neither could see a way fwd for us & Barrett wrote us off at twice this yr incl this doozy after just rd 2 https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-29/sliding-doors-round-two. it's amazing how little the media actually know about the sport they write & talk about every day & are even paid to do so... What it shows is the media simply do not see the bigger picture & only the day to day.
I agree with you, but they only see day to day because the people that consume their s**t only see day to day too.

Stagnating in 2017. Don't see a bright future

Image result for richmond 2017

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't know how l missed the video until now but l don't know how more wrong could they have been.

But honestly how many here had us winning the 2017 premiership 😂😂😂😂.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
While everyone on here was melting at the end of 2016, i was one of the only posters who was predicting a return to finals and this was my logic to that.

1. in 2016 we won 8 games missing finals by 4 games
2. we blew two games against pies and cats which would have had us at 10 wins
3. we got screwed by a Bannister special in a 10 point loss to the dogs ( umpire bannister awarded something like 17 frees for the match but only 1 to the tigers ) he umpires fairly and we win that match which would have us at 11 wins.
4. in theory we would've only missed finals by 1 game playing like a busted suitcase.
5. a 25% improvement in 2017 sees us at 12 wins
6. a 50% improvement in 2017 sees us at 15 wins
7. teams with at least 4 superstars don't normally have two bad years in a row ( jack, trent, dustin and alex )
8. all that was needed was an attitude change

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
While everyone on here was melting at the end of 2016, i was one of the only posters who was predicting a return to finals and this was my logic to that.

3. we got screwed by a Bannister special in a 10 point loss to the dogs ( umpire bannister awarded something like 17 frees for the match but only 1 to the tigers ) he umpires fairly and we win that match which would have us at 11 wins.
4. in theory we would've only missed finals by 1 game playing like a busted suitcase.
7. teams with at least 4 superstars don't normally have two bad years in a row ( jack, trent, dustin and alex )

LOL

I melted hard, very hard. I was a beaten & broken person at the end of 2016, just hoping somehow it was just a s**t year and the boys could turn it around for 2017 but not very confident at all.

In fact at the end of 2016, I had 1995 & 2001 stuck in the back of my head. Looking like we had finally turned the corner back then only for the following year to turn to s**t and we implode and have to start all over again. Recent history wasn't in our favor that's for sure.

What I did learn however from the late Danny Frawley was to stick fat and wear my heart on my sleeve and the rest is now history.

Suck it up oppp flogs.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
LOL

I melted hard, very hard. I was a beaten & broken person at the end of 2016, just hoping somehow it was just a s**t year and the boys could turn it around for 2017 but not very confident at all.

In fact at the end of 2016, I had 1995 & 2001 stuck in the back of my head. Looking like we had finally turned the corner back then only for the following year to turn to s**t and we implode and have to start all over again. Recent history wasn't in our favor that's for sure.

What I did learn however from the late Danny Frawley was to stick fat and wear my heart on my sleeve and the rest is now history.

Suck it up oppp flogs.
I knew we wouldn't play that badly again, i predicted we would make finals in 2017, didn't think about the flag until halfway through 2017 but that was only a " what would i do if we did win the flag " thought, never actually thought we would in 2017, was just hoping to win a final and then we make a charge in 2018.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Wok Fry Barrett issuing advice to Damien Hardwick about his messaging sounds even more spectaculary stupid now than it did at the time.

Barrett’s attempts at agenda setting are roughly the media equivalent of the Crows' power stance, but even the Crows had enough sense to bin it once it was obvious it just made them look like gimps. Barrett is still hysterically trying to set agendas in the AFL despite any number of spectacular fails the f*ckwit. :oops:

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I knew we wouldn't play that badly again, i predicted we would make finals in 2017, didn't think about the flag until halfway through 2017 but that was only a " what would i do if we did win the flag " thought, never actually thought we would in 2017, was just hoping to win a final and then we make a charge in 2018.
No way did l think we were a chance at winning the flag until round 22, it was then l though we were a chance .

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

I got some decent heat for this thread :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back