Training 2016 Season training reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last summer everyone was training the house down at Fremantle Oval until the footballs came out and our skills went on display. I dub it the Bandy-Menegola Offseason.

Disagree.

The Watchers gave a huge amount of positive feedback in the 2015 preseason and we blitzed the first 10 weeks.

The feedback this year was much more subdued, and whilst gutted I wasn't shocked at our Round 1 performance this year.
Yep. I mentioned a couple of times being kind of surprised at the lack of intensity and the amount of laughing and joking going on toward round 1. I remember thinking it was maybe Mundy's leadership being more relaxed than Pav.

Any word on when we start offseason training? Most of the other teams who were outside the top eight last season seem to be coming back tomorrow.
1st to 4th years start tomorrow as I understand but I suspect from earlier press that at least McCarthy and Hill will be there but I suspect that Hamling and Kersten will also front up to get a good start. Players have been given programs to do whilst they have been on leave. The guys who played in the finals with Peel start back on 21 November. Don't know when the other part of the group the 5th year onwards players start. Last year Walters and a number of others started ahead of when they were supposed to report.

Last edited:
It feels like Christmas Eve! Can't wait to unwrap the first training posts tomorrow!

Massive thanks to the watchers in anticipation :):rainbow::footy:

I love the training reports, and thought that last preseason they were a bit subdued in their praise in comparison to the previous years under RTB. Almost like it was - doesn't look that great but Ross always knows what his doing so must be ok. Please provide them again training watchers

Not only did we training watchers let the Bigfooty team down, I would go so far as to say that we let the Fremantle team down. Given the lack of rigorous critical analyses coming from under the fig trees, Fremantle were lucky to win as many games as they did.
Sorry but not all training watchers
De Luca will be training the house down, if he isn't already. A full pre season backed by a solid WAFL Finals could see him do a Crowley/C. Pearce. Hope he does get the chance
DeLuca wasn't there today but he should be back on 21 November when the boys who played in Peels finals get back for pre-season. Grif trained today and from my recollection he played for Peel in the Grand Final. Brady Grey ran well today with no apparent discomfort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last summer everyone was training the house down at Fremantle Oval until the footballs came out and our skills went on display. I dub it the Bandy-Menegola Offseason.
Last preseason the footies came out on Day 1 as they did today for the odd unstructured shooting at Goal practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back