Training 2016 Season training reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems as though the season never ends for some. Tabs was at the SFFC gym yesterday hitting the boxing ring and weights.
good to see some dedication when it's known to be needed
Haha. Not sure if this is in the right thread or if we need a 2017 Pre-season report thread.

Really pleased to hear it. How much impact does attitude have on an individual's chances of success? Heaps.

seems as though the season never ends for some. Tabs was at the SFFC gym yesterday hitting the boxing ring and weights.
good to see some dedication when it's known to be needed
Oh I'm so becoming his buddy next season.. That's the attitude that some players don't have. Yes he's a rookie and he has been through a lot, but this guy secretly wants to make it in the forward line of ours next season. Just wished we just played him against Claremont instead of keeping him as emergency. One game.. One. He and Apeness would be great to watch this weekend..

Oh I'm so becoming his buddy next season.. That's the attitude that some players don't have. Yes he's a rookie and he has been through a lot, but this guy secretly wants to make it in the forward line of ours next season. Just wished we just played him against Claremont instead of keeping him as emergency. One game.. One. He and Apeness would be great to watch this weekend..
If freo get cam mac and apeness stay injuries free. Maybe Tab will be the X factor next year but could well be a whipping boy too .

My grapevine told me some of the long term injury guys were sent home for holidays during the season so they can start back early.

If freo get cam mac and apeness stay injuries free. Maybe Tab will be the X factor next year but could well be a whipping boy too .
I am just very interested to see how the team plays in that situation. We have become so used to getting it to Pavlich that I wonder if the blinkers will come off easily. For me the x-factor you are talking from would come from Yarran. He has the pace and marking ability so realistically needs a skilled, tall, fast opponent. He is both a marking option and a ground ball danger. I would be almost using the others as a decoy and give him space. The critical difference should be that there is no set formula for what will happen with the possible options we will have.

I am just very interested to see how the team plays in that situation. We have become so used to getting it to Pavlich that I wonder if the blinkers will come off easily. For me the x-factor you are talking from would come from Yarran. He has the pace and marking ability so realistically needs a skilled, tall, fast opponent. He is both a marking option and a ground ball danger. I would be almost using the others as a decoy and give him space. The critical difference should be that there is no set formula for what will happen with the possible options we will have.
Reckon that young kid Bennell might provide a bit of x-factor as well ;) I never get tired of watching this video...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a great video of Bennell.

We were always lucky to have Walters and Ballantyne. But we have 2 taller upgrades with Yarran and Bennell that imho will make for an even more electric duo. Where Ballas tried but got outmarked overhead due to sheer size mismatches, that won't happen so much with these 2.

Maybe a team can shut down one impressive small forward, but it will be rare for both to be outclassed - and we still have the option of switching Walters/Weller or Crozier in from further down field.

Yarran will the x factor. As much as I wish it won't be true. Tabs will be whipping boy
I'd be happy having Tabs marking down the wings (Matt Richardson style) all day to help get the ball forward. Much more useful than expecting him to mark and kick goals when already surrounded by McCarthy, Yarran, Bennell, Walters, Apeness and Fyfe

I'd be happy having Tabs marking down the wings (Matt Richardson style) all day to help get the ball forward. Much more useful than expecting him to mark and kick goals when already surrounded by McCarthy, Yarran, Bennell, Walters, Apeness and Fyfe

I'd prefer Weller, Hill, Hill and Tucker delivering it to the forwards, and so would the forwards I'd say.

Yep, that's his natural position. Love his field kick too.

I'd prefer Weller, Hill, Hill and Tucker delivering it to the forwards, and so would the forwards I'd say.
I didn't say delivering to the forwards. I said help to get the ball forward. You know, that bit where we kick to the back corner then boot it long in the hope someone will take a contested mark or we win the ball on the ground, but WC and others just pick it off and send it back in? Well most of tabs marks actually occur around that region where he gets on the lead or takes a contested mark on the wing. Who he feeds it off to after that...well we now have a plethora of options which include Weller, Hill, Hill Jr and Tucker.

Taberner takes the mark leading up the wing, handballs it off to a player running past for the inside 50 :)

That was a lovely bit of play....

...let's see it again on the slow-motion replay!

(ahem)

"...........T...AA....AA...BBB...EENN...NN...EEE...RRRRrrr........ ........tTTT...TAAAAAAA....AAAA....kkkkkEE...SSSS..... ...TTT...HHHEEE....MMMAAARRRKKK.....

:D:D:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back