News 2016 St Kilda in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

CrosJkgUsAAtnrr.jpg:large

Gresham and Acres enjoying some time in the limelight.

Peter wright is a monster!
Bigger Petracca???

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
Great story for Caleb Daniel

Would be a win for football if he has a long career

Love to see "underdogs" for want of a better word proving people wrong

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Callum Mills (49)
Caleb Daniel (41)
Jacob Weitering (26)
Darcy Parish (19)
Darcy Moore (9)
Christian Petracca (2)
Jade Gresham (2)
Clayton Oliver (1)
Lachie Weller (1)

lol Moore. He'll be good, but 9 votes? Pls, completely sucked in by the Collingwood hype machine
Gresham got 2 votes? What the christ?

I swear St Kilda players are purposely overlooked in just about every award the AFL has.

I swear St Kilda players are purposely overlooked in just about every award the AFL has.
Peter Wright got 0 :eek::eek::eek:

Rising Star...meh...In three years he'll be winning the Brownlow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
In years to come people will look at the academy rule and wonder why Vic clubs supported it for so long. Totally unfair, unless you do it for all clubs.

The most pointless award in AFL.
no no no no no no

the most pointless award is the Gary Ayers medal.

it goes to the best player in the finals as a whole. thats the most pointless award in all of sports

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
He meant them being able to grab a top 3 pick after finishing top 4 which I agree is apalling. Top ten should be unavailable to academy picks.

So if you put in the effort to develop a player, and you do too well, then you lose the rights to that player? Makes no sense.

In years to come people will look at the academy rule and wonder why Vic clubs supported it for so long. Totally unfair, unless you do it for all clubs.

If you do it for all clubs then the richest clubs get all the best players... Just like in the EPL.

The argument is that Mills or Heeney or whoever wouldn't have been playing footy otherwise. If that's true then the academies are a good thing. Personally I like them.

crasha301

worm farmer
Sep 21, 2014
The Farm
AFL Club
St Kilda
So if you put in the effort to develop a player, and you do too well, then you lose the rights to that player? Makes no sense.

If you do it for all clubs then the richest clubs get all the best players... Just like in the EPL.

The argument is that Mills or Heeney or whoever wouldn't have been playing footy otherwise. If that's true then the academies are a good thing. Personally I like them.

Instead of academys the afl could set up a league similar to tac and everyone just goes into the draft.

Allowing clubs to groom players from 13 yo then get them at a discount is a crock of s**t. Including father sons.

To say heeney or mills would have never played afl without academys is just an excuse to keep the swans on top.

Back